9. This or That

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avi | Vrishti

Avi was in deeply engrossed in his book, a small smile adorned his face when Nikhil sat beside him and had a full look of his best friend's face. That dimpled smile that had been missing for almost a week had found its way back.

"I see that." He said playfully.

"What?" His focus was still on the book. It was an interesting chapter he was at.

"That smile. I didn't see it for a week and now it's here." Nikhil sipped on his cold coffee.

Avi closed the book after placing a bookmark on the page he was reading. He could no longer continue it.

"Why are you behaving like a nosey parent?" He looked at Nikhil. It was supposed to be an utterance of annoyance but somehow he had his neck and ear going a light shade of pink, almost if no one knew he gets his neck and ears pink when he's embarrassed or blushing, one would miss that colour on him.

"When my best friend goes from shaking crying throwing up to reading romance novels in a matter of a week what am I supposed to be like?" Nikhil smirked as he glanced at the paperback kept on the table.

"Tell me." Curiosity was clearly visible in his voice. He had been noting Avi for a few weeks now and he could definitely feel a shift in him. He just wanted to know what that really was.

Avi found this a perfect opportunity to let Nikhil know what is really going on in his life but before he could say a word in that regards, his phone pinged. He did not waste two seconds before picking it up and checking the notification. Nikhil could only see the light pink on his neck getting a profound shade of deeper pink.

Summers or winters?

Winters

Yasssss

"Who is Trouvaille?" Nikhil took a peak in Avi's phone when he was busy typing. Avi hid the phone screen away from him and gave a sharp look before going back to typing. Nikhil looked at the smile only going wider on his face.

"Silly." Avi said to himself when she asked a random question and vanished. That has been her thing now. She called it This or That game.

"Girlfriend?" Nikhil shot his chance once again when he saw him keeping his phone aside.

"Uh. Not really."

"What do you mean?" Nikhil was taken aback. He thought Avi would profusely decline that, but him not doing that left him in confusion. Was he even his best friend? How did he not know things going on in his life?

"I mean," Avi took a deep sigh before proceeding to explain the whole ordeal to him, "and I think of her as a good friend. Maybe a little more than a friend but what can it really be? I don't know her personally, though I want to. She makes me feel happy. I can literally talk to her for hours. But this whole virtual situation is kinda you know not reliable enough."

"I'm so sure you like her. It's just I won't tell you to go for it because of this whole virtual thing. Don't get too involved is all I say. That is not a real world and she's not real in this one." Nikhil was just trying to protect his friend from a distant heartbreak.

SUV or Sedan?

SUV

Bestie spotted!!!!

Nikhil shook his head. It was a lost case. His friend was long down the spiral. He could only hope for that happiness on his face to not vanish. Avi looked back at him and nodded. He understood the concern. He accepted it. But what can one do of their heart? That heart which didn't understand the technical issue of the situation and kept pulling the him towards a certain someone he knew nothing of. His brain said it was just non-ionizing radiation but his heart looked at that idea with disgust. It was screaming love.

Crinkled shirt or crisp ironed shirt?

Crispy ironed ones. I hate crinkles on my shirts.

Hmmm🤔

◇◇◇

A/N: Avi is such a stupid one. What do you say?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro