1. Twin's Party Part I

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

6 months later...

The last 6 months have been gruelling for me. I have had so many home interviews, screening checks, preparation training and going through an approval process to become a Foster Mom.

Things like is never an easy process. There's a lot of things that need to be done before fostering a child.

The training of being a Foster Mom has been great and I have the choice to adopt the child in my care if I want to.

I would love to legally adopt the child that will be in my house.

Last week I got my house child proofed and the Foster Care Department came out to have a look and they approved it. That night I got a phone call about twins needing a home and I said 'yes.'

Today the twins are moving into my house and it's also there third Birthday. I was told that there Mom recently died and the father... well, he was never named on the Birth Certificate.

What if he's looking for them? Or worst what if he doesn't know about them? Am I taking the chance from him getting to know them by taking them in?

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

I walk over to the door and open. The social worker is standing at the door with the twins. I smile at the girls. "Hello, I'm Laken" I tickle the first girl and she reaches her arms out to me. While the second twin hides behind the social workers leg. I take the first girl from the social worker. "Come in." I walk to the lounge with the first twin and I give her a maraca.

She plays with the maraca close to the lounge.

The social worker takes a seat across from me.

The second twin walks over and pulls the maraca away from her sister and she begins to cry.

I move over to the second twin with a maraca for her. "I have a maraca for you too." I give it her and she gives it to her sister. She starts playing and talking to her sister.

I walk back to the lounge and sit.

The social worker sits on the lounge and she smiles. "Hi, I'm Annaliese. The social worker you will be working closely with. I want you to know that there's a chance you can adopt the girls after a year if you're interested."

Of course I'm interested.

I smile. "I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I would love to officially adopt them after the year. Do you know anything about the father?"

Annaliese shakes her head. "I'm sorry. If we do find something out; we will give you a call." She looks at the girls. "The girl by your feet is Sophie and the other girl is Gracie. I take it you know it's the twin's birthday today?"

I nod. "Yes, I decorated the place for a small party with my parents. That's alright isn't it?"

She rises. "That's fine. The girls are in your care now. If you need anything. Please, don't hesitate to call me, Miss Santiago."

I shake her hand. "Thank you, Annaliese. I'll see you..."

She smiles. "Next month. I have to visit you every month to check on the well-being of the children for the next year. After you become an adoptive parent I won't have to visit you."

I look at the twin's. "Come on girls. We need to say 'goodbye,' to Annaliese." The girls hold my hand and we walk to the door.

We say 'goodbye' to her and we watch her climb into the car and pull away from the house. I look at the girls. "Do you want to see your bedroom?"

"Yes," they say. The girls and I walk to the bedroom and I open the door. The girl's eyes open wide as they see the lavender bedroom I made for them. They both have their own beds to sleep in. One of the bed has purple duvet cover while the other one is pink.

Sophie yawns.

I pick her up. "Are you tired?"

"Yes," I put her in the pink bed and then I look at Gracie. "Do you want to go to bed too?"

Gracie nods.

I place her in the bed. "Do you want me to sing a song?"

They nod.

I cover the girls and I begin to sing. 'Rock a bye baby.'

"Rock a bye baby, on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,
And Momma will catch you, cradle and all."

I sit between the girls and I rub there stomach until they fall asleep. I turn on a night light for them and I close the door. I exit the room and make my way to the kitchen.

In the kitchen I start to make dinner.

I'm looking forward to my family coming over and meeting the twin's.

My older brother Johnny is coming over. He just returned home after being away for a few years.

I'm glad he's back. I have missed him while he was away.

Johnny's single and he tells me that's the way he likes it.

My older sister Cristina will be coming with her partner and kids. She's a teacher at the local Junior High.

I have been in the kitchen for last two hours making food for the party. I wash my hands and dry them. I walk to my bedroom and I get changed.

Once I'm ready I walk to the twin's room and I turn the light on. The girls look at me as I open the draw and pull out two dresses both lavender. They are identical dresses. I put the dresses on the girls. I give them both different headbands. I give Gracie the yellow one and Sophie wears the pink one.

The girls and I exit the room as the doorbell rings. I look at them. "Do you want to see who's at the door?"

We walk to the door.

I open it and see my family on the other side. I lift the girls into my arms. "I want you to meet Sophie and Gracie. Sophie is wearing the pink headband and Gracie is wearing the yellow."

Mom has tears in her eyes. "They are beautiful, sweetheart."

Gracie lifts her arms out to Mom and she takes her from me. Gracie pulls Mom's hair. She shakes her head. "It's not nice to pull hair, princess. You can touch it."

I move aside and my family enter the house.

Johnny looks around the house. Then he hugs me. "You're doing a great thing taking these girls in, sis. If you need any help give me a call. I would love to help out."

I poke him the side. "Since, when have you been interested in kids?"

Johnny looks at Sophie and Gracie. "Since, these two came into our lives." He whispers. "I'd rather spend time with the twins then Satan's kids."

I laugh.

He isn't wrong about Cristina's kids. They're allowed to do whatever they want and they are spoilt. Everything they want they get. My sister hates it when her kids cry over something they want so she shoves it in the trolley to keep the piece.

I personally think she's an idiot for doing that. Which is why I never take them shopping with me.

Johnny takes Sophie from me. He bounces her on his hip and she starts to laugh. "I'm Johnny."

"Jo," Sophie says.

Johnny smiles. "That will do for now, princess. Do you want to go outside?"

She nods.

Johnny and Sophie exit the house. He carries her to the swinging chair on the porch and he swings the back and forth.

He's going to be a good Dad when the time comes.

I walk to the kitchen and I pull the lamb out of the oven. I check the temperature and then I wrap foil around it. I put garlic bread in the oven with the baked potato and pumpkin.

Dad enters the kitchen. "It smells great, sweetheart. Thank you for inviting us over for the twin's Birthday."

I hug him. "I couldn't celebrate their Birthday alone. Besides, I wanted my family to meet the children I am the Foster Mom of." I look at Gracie. "I can adopt them next year if I want."

Dad smiles. "I hope you do, sweetheart. You have to remember you can't get too attached to them. What if there biological Dad comes into the picture? I know his name wasn't on the Birth Certificate, but, someone that knows him could tell him about the kids. He might come for them."

I lean against the counter. "I've thought of that Dad. I don't see the point in worrying about that until it happens."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro