Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The girls wake up early on Sunday morning. I enter the room and see them playing with the bears they sleep with. I lift Gracie up first and then I move over to Sophie. I pick her up. "What you want for breakfast?"

"Toast," Gracie says.

Sophie nods.

I carry them to the kitchen and place them in their high chairs. I walk over to the bread box and pull the bread out. I put the bread into the toaster and then I fill up two bottles with milk and I put it in the microwave for fifteen seconds. The twins like to have warm milk with their breakfast.

The timer goes off for the milk and pull it out. I test the milk on my skin before I give the bottles to the girls. They take it from me and drink. I watch them until the toast pops. I walk over to the toaster and pull it out. I put jam on the toast and take it over to the girls.

While the girls are having there breakfast I make mine. I put the kettle on and pull out a cup. I put bread in the toaster.

Sophie looks at me. "Park?"

I smile. "We'll go after breakfast. Do you want to see Grandma, Grandpa and Aunty Cristina?"

"Yes," the girls nod.

I sit at the kitchen table and have breakfast with the girls.

After breakfast I pick up my phone and call Cristina.

Cristina: Hello, this is Cristina.

Me: Hey, Sis. I know this is last minute, but, I was wondering if you were busy today.

Cristina: I was going to have a quiet day with the kids. But, what do you have in mind?

Me: Can you meet us at Mom and Dad's? The girls would love to see you.

Cristina: Alright, I'll be there after lunch.

Me: Thank you.

I hang up the phone with my sister and I send a message to Mom. I pick up the girls and I carry them up to the bedroom. I place them on the ground. "What do you want to wear today?"

The girls walk over to the cupboard and they choose what they want to wear. I take off their pyjamas and change them into the clothes. The girls follow me to my room and I get ready.

My phone goes off and I pick it up.

Mom: I can't wait to see all my Grandkids at the house today. Your father and I are going to make dinner tonight.

Me: Okay, I'll see you at 12.30. The girls and I are going to the park first.

I pack a bag with diapers and food for the girls. I put a bottle of water and a muesli bar in the bag for myself. I put the bag on my shoulder. The girls and I exit the house. I lock the front door before I walk to the car. I put the girls in the car seat and buckle them in. I put the bag on the ground and move to the front seat. I climb in the car and put my seatbelt on. I pull my car onto the road.

Fifteen minutes later, I pull the car into the parking lot of the park. I park the car and step out. I move to the back seat and I unbuckle the girls. I lift them out of the car seat. I place them on the ground next to me. I pull out the bag and put it on my shoulder.

Sophie, Gracie and I walk over to the park. I put the bag on the ground and pull out a bottle of sunscreen. I put some on Gracie first and then Sophie. The girls walk over to the equipment.

Gracie falls in the sand and she starts laughing. Sophie sits next to her sister and she picks up the sand. She lets the sand fall from her small hands.

I move over to the sand and I sit with them. "Do you want me to make a sandcastle?"

Gracie moves over to me and she sits on my lap. She nods.

I use my arms and pull a whole heap of sand towards me. Then I start to pat the sand in the shape of the castle. I find a stick and leaf next to me and I put the stick through the leaf and put it on the castle. The girls and I rise and I take them over to the swing. I put them on the swing and I put the safety belts on them. I push the girls.

Sophie and Gracie giggle. Their hair gets messed up as the wind blows it. I look at the sky and I see clouds start to cover the sun.

I have to get the girls to my parents place before it gets too cold.

"Girls, we're leaving now. Grandma and Grandpa are waiting for you."

The girls start to run to the car. I pick up the bag and I follow them. Gracie trips over and Sophie follows. They start laughing. I pick them up and carry them to the car. I put them on the ground next to me. "I'm going to clean the sand off you."

Sophie and Gracie stand in front of me and I dust off the sand. I put Gracie in her car seat first and then Sophie.

The girls are liking there ice cream as I pull the car into Mom and Dad's driveway. I see my parents step out of the house. They walk over to the car and they take the twins out.

Mom looks at me. "Your sticky, Sophie. I think I need to give you a bath soon." She looks at Gracie. "You too,"

Gracie shakes her head.

The girls don't like having baths. It's a constant fight for me to get them in. But, they listen to my parents and Johnny.

I miss my Big Brother. I wonder how he's doing on his assignment that the FBI sent him on.

I step out of the car and I grab the bag. I follow the parents into the house. Before I step into the house Dad stops me.

He looks at me. "Laken. We need to talk." He sits on the rocking swing.

I sit next to him. "What is it?"

Dad clears his throat. "There's something that I haven't told you." he takes a deep breath. "Your brother and sister already know about this and I was hoping to tell you myself."

What is my Dad going on about?

I frown. "Dad, you're scaring me."

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry. It's just..." he trails off and I see a tear fall. He pulls me into his arms and I wrap my arms around him.

I kiss his cheek. "You can tell me, Dad."

Dad kisses my forehead. "I know I can tell you sweetheart. But, when I do it will seem real. You will be effected by what I say more than your siblings as we're closer."

A tear falls down my face.

Dad wipes away the tear and he whispers. "I am dying."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro