Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Johnny POV

Ethan and I have been on this assignment for the last week. We are Bodyguards to one of the biggest drug cartels in the country. He's been sending us on stupid trips and not involving us in the drug deals.

Ethan and I need to find a way to get in on the deal and then feed the information back to our boss so he can get a team organised to bring down this cartel.

I just hope we can bring it down in the next two weeks. I really want to be at home with my sister and nieces.

Ethan moves over to me. He looks at me. "You haven't been yourself for the last week. What's going on?"

I shake my head. "It doesn't matter."

Ethan pushes me against a tree. "It matters to me. I don't want to end up dead because you haven't been at your best." he looks me in the eye. "You aren't at your best. You've been hitting things and walking around like someone pissed in your coffee."

I pace back and forth. "I was given some news before I left and I don't know how to handle it. My little sister is going to need me when we return and I hope this news doesn't push her over the edge."

"What do you mean?"

I scratch my head. "Laken is close to Dad. They used to do everything together. A couple hours before we left for the assignment he called. He said. 'I have some news for you. I'm dying. The doctor found an inoperable tumour in my head.' He told me he didn't know how long he had left and that he didn't want anyone to pass word onto me that he died." I look at the ground. "The sooner we get this job done. The quicker I can get home to my family. I need to check on my little sister."

Ethan hugs me. "Thank you for telling me. Now, you've let that out. Let's concentrate on bringing these sons-of-bitches down for good. I'm sick of seeing these arseholes get away with putting drugs on our street and killing innocent children with the garbage they insist on selling."

Dwayne exits the house and he looks at Ethan and I. "If it isn't my two favourite bitches. I need you to run across town and get me some of special cigars and Joe's. He's got new stock in. When you're done the dogs need a bath." He walks away.

I really hate this guy.

Ethan and I walk over to the car and we jump behind the wheel of our cars. I pull the passenger window down and I yell. "I'll race you there."

He gives me the thumbs up.

I pull my car out of the driveway and I head in the direction of Joe's.

Ethan pulls up beside me at the red stop light. He yells. "One Green we'll floor it."

I smile. "You're going down, buddy."

He shakes his head. "Nah, that's you..." he gets cut off as I fly across the intersection.

I look in the rear view mirror and I see Ethan behind me. He tries to get past me, but, I move my car in the way to block him off. Drivers are honking their horns as we race.

I can't remember the last time I had a decent race.

I take my eyes off the road for a moment and that's when Ethan pulls in front of me. He swerves his car towards mine. He faces me and sticks his finger up at me.

Cocky prick.

Ethan misses the turn off for Joe's and I use the turn off. I pull in front of Joe's ten minutes later. I step out of my car and walk inside.

Joe looks at me and he smiles. "Hey, Jeff. I have the package for you. Tell Dwayne that the next shipment will be in next month and if he needs to order anymore he can." He gives me a second box. "This is something extra for him."

A guy enters the store and Joe walks over to the guy.

I take the boxes to the car. I place them on the seat next to me. I lean over and open the lid to the second box. I see powder inside bags and cash next to it. On top of there's an envelope. I open the envelope.

Dear Dwayne,

I am returning your stuff to you. Your money and drugs are intact. I couldn't sell this batch. I hope you can find someone to do that for you.

- Joe

Ps. I can't look after the new shipment. You'll have to get someone else to do the job. I quit.

I fold the paper up and put it back into the envelope.

What is Joe thinking? He can't just quit. There's no way that Dwayne will let him live with all the secrets that he knows about this cartel.

Ethan climbs into my car and he looks at me. "What did you find out?"

I point to the box and I mouth. "Not here." I pull the car away from the curb and I drive toward the park.

At the park Ethan and I step out of the car. We walk over to the seat. I turn towards him. "Joe's going to get himself killed. He told Dwayne that he quits. He's returning the drugs and cash that he was given."

Ethan runs his hands through his hair. "We need to contact our boss and tell him that the guy that looks after the shipment just quit."

I sigh. "We need to get onto that shipment. If we can prove to Dwayne that we are trust worthy he will give us things to do. But, we can't be his little bitches. What we need to do is go back to Joe's and beat the shit out of him and cut his fingers off and take it back to the boss."

Ethan shakes his head. "I'm not going to be a part of that. You can do it yourself. I'll take the stuff back to Dwayne. That way he can treat me like shit. You'll be known as the Golden Boy. You can feed me information on the cartel when we're at the house."

Ethan and I walk back to the car. I pull away from the park and head in the direction of the Joe's. I park the car in front of his shop. Ethan steps out of the car and he crosses the road. He climbs into his car and he pulls away.

I step out of the car and I walk into Joe's.

Joe looks at me when I enter the store. His face pales. He shakes his head. "Please, don't kill me."

I flip the sign to close and I lock the door as I walk towards the man cowering behind the counter. I shake my head. "You know the rules, Joe. You can't back out when it comes to the boss." I throw a right hook and I hit his face.

Joe falls to the ground.

I keep punching him until I see that he's passed out. I pull out a pair of clippers from his display case and I cut off two of his fingers. I place it in a bag and I exit the store.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro