3. Johnny

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I am woken by the twins crying. I climb out of bed and make my way down the hall. I open the door to my sister's room and I find she's still asleep. I shut the door and walk to the twin's room.

Sophie stops crying when she's sees me.

Gracie continues to cry and I lift her up. "Shhh, princess. I'm here. Do you want breakfast?"

The twins nod.

I lift Sophie up and carry the twins to the kitchen. I put them in their highchairs. I make bacon and eggs for my sister and I. I make the twins some cereal and I place it in front of them.

Gracie knocks her bowl off the table and it makes a mess. I take Sophie's bowl off the table while I clean up the mess.

When the mess is cleaned I make another bowl for Gracie. I sit between the girls and I feed them. I hear my sister run down the hall.

She must have realised the girls aren't in their rooms.

I see Laken round the corner. "Hey, sis. You're finally awake. The girls were crying and you slept through like the waking dead." Her face is pale and it looks like she's about to cry.

I didn't mean to scare her when I took the twin's out of there room. I should have woken her up.

I point to the frying pan. "There's some left over bacon and eggs for you." I continue to feed Sophie.

Laken makes a sandwich and puts bacon and eggs on it. She makes a coffee before moving over to the table. "Are you going to the office today?"

"Yeah, I can't afford to take time off from the office. I have a small room set up for the girls when I need to attend meetings during the day. I'll have a baby monitor with me. If they need anything I can go straight to them."

"What time is the meeting? I can rearrange a few things and I can be there for the girls. That way you won't be interrupted during the meeting."

Laken looks up from her breakfast. "The meeting starts at three. It shouldn't run later than four. If it does I'll message you."

I nod. "Yeah, I like helping you out, sis. I'll make sure everything is done by two and then I'll meet you at your office." I rise and hug her. "Thanks for letting me help."

She laughs. "Like I have a choice. You'd be pestering me if I didn't. So, what do you have on with your job?"

I look away from her. "I have a few clients that are coming to town. I need to show them some building sites for prospective new clients. If I sell one of the sites I'll have big bucks coming in."

I don't like lying to my sister. But, if I told her what I really do there's a chance people will go after the girls and her. I need to protect them to the best of my abilities.

I look at the twins and sigh.

Do I tell my sister that I know the father and that he doesn't know about them? Or do I pretend not to know a thing until he figures out that he's a father to two beautiful twin girls? If I keep it from him. He might kill me for not telling me.

Laken looks at me. "What's going on, Johnny?"

I move away from her. "It's nothing. I have to go if I want to clear my schedule." I run up to the guest room and I put on a pair of denim shorts and a black t-shirt. I exit my room and see Laken carry the twins to the bedroom.

Sophie extends her arms to me. She looks at me. "Jo,"

I take her from Laken. I carry her to the bedroom. I help Laken dress Sophie. I kiss the twins on the head. I kneel in front of Sophie. "I need to go to work. I'll see you later, princess." I kiss my sister on the cheek. "Bye,"

She smiles. "See you, later."

I run out of the house and climb into my truck.

I drive the fifteen minutes to the FBI headquarters. I park my car and step out. I pick up my overnight bag and put it on my shoulder. I lock the car and then move toward the building.

At the security check I show them my ID Badge. "Go ahead Agent Santiago. Your partner's looking for you."

I go through the check point and make my way to the office.

When I walk through the door my partner Ethan rises. He looks at me. "What are you doing researching my Ex? I thought we agreed not to search into each others personnel lives?"

I sit at my desk and run my fingers through my hair. "We did. But, something came up and I needed to know some information for the safety of my sister. It's connected to you though."

Ethan frowns. "How is your sister connected to me?"

I spin my chair towards the City.

If I tell him now those girls are going to be ripped away from my sister and they just got to know her.

Ethan moves in front of me. "Are you going to tell me?"

I shake my head. "Can you trust me for a bit? I will tell you soon."

Ethan nods. "You've been a great partner to me. So, for now I'll give you the curtesy of being patient until you reveal whatever it is that involves your sister and my past." He sits at his desk. "The boss wants us in his office in five minutes. If you need a coffee you should get it now."

I rise and exit the room with Ethan. We make our coffees and then walk to the director's office. He looks at us when we enter the room. He smiles. "My two fav Agents. I have an assignment for you two."

Ethan smiles. "Yes, I was starting to get sick of being stuck in LA."

Director Shaw smiles. "Yeah, I noticed." He turns to me. "Agent Santiago, you don't seem happy about being sent on an assignment. Do you want me to send out another team?"

I shake my head. "No, we'll do it. When are we leaving and for how long will we be away for?"

Director Shaw gives us our envelopes. I open it and read the information inside. I'll be gone for three weeks and I'll be leaving in three days.

How am I going to keep an eye on my sister while I'm on the assignment in Chicago?

At least I get to spend the next three days with Sophie, Gracie and Laken.
I turn to Director Shaw. "Can I leave early today? I promised my sister that I'd help her out with some things?"

He nods. "You can take the next couple of days off. Take care of your affairs and don't forget to meet the car at the time in your envelopes."

"Yes, Sir." Ethan and I exit the office. We walk into our office and grab the things that we need.

As I exit the office I turn to Ethan. "I'll see you in three days, man." I walk to my car and climb inside.

At 2.30pm, I pull my car into the parking lot of Santiago Corp.

Laken will be CEO as soon as Dad retires. But, he's not in any rush to give her the company.

Cristina and I didn't want anything to do with the corporate world which is why I went in another direction.

While Cristina became a teacher.

She's always been great with kids.

The receptionist rises when she sees me enter the building. "Good afternoon, Mr Santiago. Should I let your father know you're here to see him?"

I shake my head. "I'm here to see, Laken."

She scrunches up her face. "Have you seen the little terrors she brought to work with her? I heard that they have been crying all day. It's hard for people to work upstairs."

I step close to her. "Never repeat to anyone what's happening upstairs. People don't need to know. Also, never say anything about Sophie and Gracie again." I walk away and press the lift button.

The doors open and I enter the lift. I hit the button for the top floor. When the doors open I see people running around the office. I walk past my Dad's secretary.

She looks at me and smiles. She hangs up the phone. "Your Dad's not expecting you."

I look at Laken's office. "I'm not here for, Dad."

Laken exits her office the twins. She smiles. "Johnny, right on time."

"I told you I would be here."

She gives me Sophie. "Come into my office and I'll show you where everything is."

We enter her office and she shows me where the diapers and bottles are.

Laken kisses the girls. "I have a meeting to go to, girls. So, Uncle Johnny will be looking after you." she exits the office.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom. I will have another chapter for you on Saturday.
How do you think Laken will react when she finds out that her brother knows who the father of the girls is?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro