Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ethan pulls his phone out of his pocket and shows me the picture.

I start laughing again. "You need to send that to me. I'm going to use it as his 30th Birthday Card."

I give him back the phone. "My favourite Johnny moment was when I was seven I wanted a clown at my party. Mom and Dad didn't want to spend money on one. So, he got some white paint and put it on his face. He made a red nose out of a pom poms and then he painted his lips. He came outside wearing baggy clothes and he made me a dog out of a balloon." We start laughing. "It took a couple of days for the paint to come off."

The waitress moves over to us and she places the food in front of us. I pick up a prawn and peel off the shell. I dip it into the sauce and bring it to my mouth.

Ethan cuts into the steak and he looks at me. "How's the prawns?"

I give him the thumbs up. When I finished the prawn I say. "It's great." I point to the dish. "Do you want some?"

He takes a few prawns, calamari and fish cocktails from my plate. He cuts the steak. "Do you want some?"

I nod.

The piece he has on the fork he brings across the table and I put it in my mouth.

This steak is good.

When I finished chewing I ask. "What kind of steak is that?"

"It's called Rump Steak. I'm glad that you like it. Will you have dinner with me on Thursday Night? I'll cook us dinner?"

We haven't even finished this one and he's already asking me for another date. There's no way I'm going to turn him down. I really like him. He reminds me of a guy I used to know.

I place my hand on his. "I'd love to go out with you again. I have to be home by ten that night as the next day I have an appointment with the twins."
The engaged couple walks over to our table and the guy shakes Ethan's hand. "I would like to thank your girlfriend and you for the bottle of wine that you sent to the table."

"You're welcome. I couldn't let a couple who got engaged in my restaurant not have a bottle of champagne on the house. I hope you come back soon."

The woman smiles. "We'll be back." She wraps her arm around her guy. "We've been coming here for years. Every Monday we have dinner here and then we go for a walk along the beach before we head home."

I would love to do the beach part with Ethan. I don't want this evening to end. I really like being here with Ethan.

The couple wave before they walk out the door.

Ethan holds my hand. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes,"

He rises and moves over to me. He pulls my chair out and we make our way out of the restaurant.

At the car Ethan opens the door for me. "I don't want to take you home right now. Do you want to go for a walk along the beach?"

I laugh. "You got the idea from the engaged couple."

Ethan looks at the ground. "I was thinking of a way to keep you out longer after dinner. I was thinking about taking you to a movie, but I don't want to spend an hour and half looking at a screen when I can look at your beautiful face." he places his hand on my face and he leans forward. His lips touch mine.

I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him back.

He nips at my bottom lip and I allow him entrance. He puts his tongue into my mouth. After a couple of minutes, Ethan pulls back. "If I keep kissing you like I'm afraid we're going to have sex and I don't want to do that until we know what we are."

"You're my boyfriend, Ethan. I wouldn't go on a date with a random guy. I have kids to think about too and I think they're going to love you. Ethan, would you consider meeting the twins in a couple of weeks?"

Ethan nods. "I would love to meet them in a couple of weeks."

I climb into the SUV.

Ethan shuts the door and he rounds the car. He climbs into the driver's seat. He pulls onto the road and we head towards the beach. He takes my hand in his the entire drive.

At the beach I step out of the car. I start to shiver from the night air. I wrap my arm around me and my teeth start to chatter.

Ethan takes his jacket off and he wraps it around me. He puts his arm around my shoulder and he pulls me closer to him as we walk along the beach.

I see a café not too far from where we are walking. "Let's get a hot drink and then we can continue our walk."

We enter the café.

I order a hot chocolate while Ethan gets a coffee.

While we wait for the coffee Ethan takes a seat and he pulls me onto his lap. "I don't want this night to end."

I turn my head toward him. "I don't want it to end either, Ethan. I have had so much fun with you. You remind me of a guy I used to know."

Ethan kisses my cheek. "You can talk about the guy that I remind you of."

I sigh. "Alright, it started summer of my second year at University. I met this guy. He wasn't like the other guys I met. He was a mystery. I never saw his face as he stayed in the shadows. He danced with me, brought me drinks, we even kissed a number of times. We spoke a lot on the phone. Then one day he up and left and never returned a phone call. I don't think I was good enough for him."

Ethan pulls my face toward me. "That guy was an idiot. He wasn't good enough for you, Laken. You deserve to have someone that loves and cherishes the beautiful woman you are and he has to love children. He has to be handsome."

I kiss him. "I'm sitting in that guy's lap. The one that deserves me, but I don't know if you can love and cherish me since we met not long ago."
Ethan laughs. "I've watched you grow over the years, Laken. I also had a crush on you, but your brother kept telling me to leave you alone. He didn't want me to date you."

I cross my arms. "What's changed?"

Ethan tightens his grip on me. "I think he wants the kids to have a father figure in their life. I know they have an Uncle that they love, but there Mom needs someone to love her as well. A happy Mom equals a happy life."

I shake my head. "I think the saying is 'A happy wife equals a happy life' you don't need to worry about that."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of Foster Mom

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro