Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Gif banner by astoundedstars thank you for the beautiful graphic.

It's been a long day looking for a perfect wedding dress. Violet and I found one at the last boutique we came across in Beverly Hills.

The gown Violet and I found flows down my body, hugging my curves. It also has straps at the back with diamond studs on it. The dress also has a split up my leg and it's a strapless dress. I had to get the tailor to pull up the hem of the dress and she told me it will be available in a couple of days.

Laken's wedding dress.

I can't wait to marry Ethan Miller.

I enter the house the same time as Ethan and Johnny.

Ethan wraps his arms around me. He kisses me. "Hey, baby. How was your day?"

I sigh. "Long. It's not fun looking for wedding dress. At least this is the only wedding I'm ever going to have." I shake my head. "I don't know how people can go through so many weddings."

He laughs. "I love the way you think."

Johnny walks over to the kitchen table and he puts a bag on the counter. He looks at Mum. "I brought something for dinner, Mom."

I thought Mom was going to cook something.

Mom enters the kitchen and she looks at him. "Thanks." She has dried tears on her face.

I walk over to her. "Mom, what's going on?"

She pulls me into her arms and hugs me. "Your father isn't feeling good today. He's been coughing a lot. I don't like seeing him like this." She begins to cry again and that make me cry.

I lead her over to the lounge and we sit.

Violet looks at Mom and I. "Aunt Britney, what's going on?"

Mom looks at her. "You need to sit, Violet. There's something I need to tell you about Vance."

She sits across from Mom. "Alright,"

Mom sighs. "Your Uncle is dying. He's got an inoperable tumor and we don't know how long he has to live. He has his good days and his bad days. Today seems to be a bad day. When I got home this after he was coughing."

Violet moves over to Mom and hugs her. "I'm sorry we're not closer to you. If you called us once in a while we would have come here to help you."

Mom shakes her head. "I couldn't ask that of your family and you. You need to live your life and stop living it for family. I know about you quitting University to help your Dad out after your Mom died. It's time for you to get out there and live. He doesn't need your help anymore. That's why I called you to come here early."

I lean forward in my seat. "Violet, I want to offer you a position at Santiago Corp, but you need to go back to University. You can take day classes if you want or you can take night classes or even online classes and work at the office with me. The choice is yours, but I'm going to want to see that you're completing the work."

Violet smiles. "I would love to work with you. Can I take day classes and go to the office when classes are over?"

"That's fine with me. I got some application forms for you to fill out. Also, UCLA will be expecting you on Monday." I put the forms on the table.

She pulls the papers towards her. "You got me in early?"

I nod. "The Dean and I got along when I was there. He told me if I needed anything to give him a call. He's spoken to a few of your teachers as well and they have agreed to help you with the assignments you've missed out on, which shouldn't be many."

Violet rises and she moves over to me. "Thank you, Laken. I really need a change of scene anyway. I'm going to call Dad and tell him the good news." She picks up her phone and walks out the front door.

Johnny brings the food into the lounge room. He sets everything up for us. "Where are the twins?"

Cristina walks into the house with the twins and the devil's spawn. She walks over to us. "I took them for the afternoon. The girls had fun with their cousins." She stops behind me and she whispers. "My kids want to have another cousin. You better start a family with, Ethan."

Ethan turns towards her. "That's the plan, Cristina. Get Laken knocked up on our honeymoon." He winks at her.

I shake my head.

He had to say that out loud in front of my family.

My face turns red and I cover my face with my hands.

Mum laughs. "I didn't know that you wanted kids this soon, Laken."

Ethan pulls me into his arms. "Britney, I have loved Laken for years as you know, but that love had to be put on the back burner as I didn't want to hurt anyone. The thing is I did hurt her a long time ago and she chose to forget about me, until I showed her the diary she wrote when she was nineteen."

Violet enters the living room and she sits next to Johnny. "What did I miss?"

Johnny looks at us. "Laken and Ethan are going to try for a baby on the night of the Honeymoon. How clichéd is that."

Violet laughs. "It's romantic. I would love to meet a guy that would do the same, save our first time for the Honeymoon."

I bite my bottom lip and look away from everyone.

It won't be our first time though, but they don't need to know that.

Sophie and Gracie walk over to me and I lift them up. "Do you want dinner?"

They shake their heads.

Johnny turns the TV on and they climb off me and sit in front of the TV. They start babbling at the TV and that brings a smile to my face.

Ethan whispers. "I'm looking forward to moving in with my daughters and you. We're going to make a perfect family."

I nod. "Yes, we will. I can't wait either." I look in the direction of Dad's room. "It's going to be hard not being here when the time comes for him to go."

"Britney will call you when the time comes to say 'goodbye' to him." He holds onto me.

After dinner I walk into the kitchen and make the twins a sandwich. I take it over to them and they start to eat. "If you want more just let me know and I'll make you another one." I walk over to the lounge and sit on Ethan's lap.

Ethan wraps his arms around me. "I want to take you and the girls and you to Santa Monica Pier tomorrow."

I kiss his cheek. "I'd like that." I look over at the girls and see that they have finished dinner. "I'm going to get the girls some yoghurt."

Ethan picks me up. "I'll do it. You can stay here." He places me back on the lounge. He walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge. He gives the girls the yoghurt.

"Thanks, Daddy."

Ethan kisses the girls head. "You're welcome."

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro