Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next week had gone by with all of us in wait for any news regarding Harry. Ginny, as strong as she was, was out of her mind with worry. She tried to smile and look as if she was alright but we all knew otherwise, so all of us had a silent agreement not let her be alone. 

We all were worried, to be frank. James barely made any jokes, Albus kept looking at his assignments with disinterest, Lily kept looking out the window and towards the door every hour. I had my hand on my collar bone most of the time to a point where James took my hand to not leave it for an hour. 

But no one was as effected as Edward was. He had taken a week off from work at St.Mungo's, which had never happened in his three years as a healer or in five years as a trainee healer. I swear the man is non-stop. And yet in seven years of his career as a healer, he has taken a week off. This caused his boss and senior Healer-Incharge Augustus Pye to cry of joy. 

But the thing with this man was that he was unapologetically caring, sometimes soo much that it inevitably hurt him. 

So, naturally, even though he had the whole week to himself he made visits to Harry's office and brought back papers and files to micro-analyse. Did I say the man was non-stop, well he is.

A week later and everyone was home due to the Christmas holidays. This would be the first Christmas that I have witnessed to be soo gloomy in the Potter Manor.

On the eight-day with no news of Harry, and James and Teddy both busy snooping in his study, I had had enough, and Ginny and Lily were in agreement. 

Lily and I marched to the study and in, both the boys jumped like a cat near water and if I had not come to scold them, I would have laughed at the horrified expressions on their faces. 

"Edward Remus Lupin, James Sirius Potter both of you leave this study and come down this instant and sit with your family," I shouted as soon as I entered.

James cowered a bit and even though Teddy was shaken he did not show it, " Or what, Miss Black?" Ted asked challenging me, infuriating me, making my heartbeat sporadically against my ribcage.

"Or I will.." I looked around thinking for something horrible to do against these idiot men,  Ah, ha! Lilies Posters  " Or will play One Direction on loop, full volume," I said a bit triumphantly and a tad bit smug at their expression of disgust and horror.

Ted had his eyes wide in horror and let out an accusatory gasp. James looked scandalised, "You won't dare," he said eyes narrowed.

" All. Day. Long." I said emphasising every word to prove a point, and staring the boys down. 

Lily looked ready to burst with laughter at our stare match and Ted was trying very hard not to smile at me and Jay's expressions. Got him to smile again.

"Alright woman, you win," Jay said a bit put out with my staring power. Lily did burst out laughing at James sunken expression and went along with him teasing him about losing.

I also smile finally when Jay is out of my view, the smile fell off my face at the intense look in Ted's eyes. They were blue a second ago now they're grey. 

Does he know? 

But that thought also vanishes when starts walking towards me, with that look in his eyes. Everything vanished, Lily and Jay's banter, Ginny shout for dinner, Music on the radio everything vanished. 

Standing there in the study are just me and Edward. 

Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale. 

I remind myself to keep breathing. Edward stands right in front of me making me crane my head up look him in the eye. Inhale. Exhale. He takes his hand to up to my face and tucks in a loose strand of hair which had escaped my fishtail braid. That's it my lungs hitched, at the gesture. 

His hand lingers nears my cheek and God lord was his shoulder always so broad. The back of his fingers brushes my cheek in featherlight touch leaving a trail of hot fire behind. 

He bit his lower lip as he does this and as his hand falls back to him he wets his lips. Dear God! His takes a deep breath and leaves the room. 

I stand there a complete mess. That did just happen, right? Edward Remus Lupin did just do all that, even though it might have been completely innocent for him. I take a stand against the wall closest to by back and take deep breaths to get my breathing and heartbeats in regulation.

I feel light-headed, dizzy. This effect in my world is the Edward effect. Always has been, since I was five and he smiled at me. Only back then it was butterflies in my stomach and blush on my cheeks, now its, fluttering tummy, and a heart ready to beat out of its chest.

When my hand stops shaking and my legs don't feel like jelly anymore I go down totally normal, or what I assume is normal. 

The Living room looks somewhat alive today with everyone sitting together. Jay looks at me with an eyebrow asking what had happened. I shake my head as if to say nothing and go to sit next to him.

" Well something sure happened Ti, you look like you sustain a catatonic shock and Teddy looked like he just had a shocking epiphany," Jay said in a mere whisper. 

"It's nothing. He made no epiphany as you put it and I just look so blank because I would rather not risk it," I said back talking in a hushed tone so that the other would not listen to us.

"Oh you mean you would not risk anyone finding out that you have been in love with our in house metamorphmagus for the past 5 years or so," Jay said with a mischievous smile on his face.

"I. do. not. love. him. It's a crush, and I have crushed on him since I was five it's nothing," I said a bit forcefully, proving to James that I do not love Ted, or to myself.  

" Sure, we'll say it's a crush, that might be reciprocated now," Jay said taking my hand in his, leaving me completely baffled to his I-am-good-looking-flirting face that he has right now.

"What the Fuck are you talking about and why do you have that face, the one you use on Ashlesha, " I asked trying to snatch my hand back when he interlaced his fingers with mine. 

"Is that why Teddy looks ready to murder me and chop off my hands," James said leaning into me. I almost turned back to find teddy. "Don't look back, I am going to prove to you and to him that he feels something for you," Jay said with a fiery determination. 

I knew it was going to be a long dinner. 

❄❄❄❄

Hello, my lovelies. This is my first address to you all for this book. Let me know how you like the story so far in the comments below. And if you do like this chapter then don't forget to press the tiny star. 

Lots of Love
Afaf xoxo

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro