42: I become a bit of a conspiracy theorist

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Guess who got her brother obsessed with Tokyo Mew Mew?!!  (Mom watched [read: scarily showed up] to see the last few episodes.  She now probably has lasting emotional scars.)

*Points proudly at self*

Me.

It was me.

*Overjoyed kitten sniffle*

..Also got him into about 29047235.5 (obviously, I'm exaggerating somewhat) other anime series recently, but he won't speak of them.  XD!

https://youtu.be/Q1QcNZFTPWg

Nobody:

The ghosts in my dang haunted house: HEY!  LET'S BANG STUFF ALL AROUND THE PROPERTY FOR FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO TERRIFY PEOPLE AND STOP THEM FROM GETTING ANY SLEEP!!!

Me: Oh FSM, NO.  Not this AGAIN!!!

Ghosts:  *Sounding like they're trashing the whole of the downstairs area*

Me, muttering: Oh, goody.  There's more than one tonight, isn't there?

My bro: *Fearfully looking at me, eyes huge*  What the HECK is going on here tonight?!!

Me: *Deep and long-suffering sigh*  I'd tell you, but you'd never believe me.  Well, you would, but you'd never admit it, you arrogant twit.

Me: *Muttering again*  Goodness, it's not even grandfather, is it?

The ghosts: *Moving upstairs and continuing the racket in the closer rooms*

Me: *Who sees and senses..  ..Them*  Ugh..  It's going to be another one of those nights, isn't it?

Me: *Quietly*  Brother?  Just don't act..  Triggering or threatening in any way, okay?

Bro: Okaaay?  *Surreptitiously moves closer*

Ghosts: *Now in the next room*  BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG.  ..KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCKKNOCK.  *Pauses*  BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!!

Brother: *Gasps and suddenly clings to me in terror*  WHATTHEHECKISTHAT-?!!  KAT, GO DEAL WITH IT!!!

Me: *Pries him off of me*  Welp, I hope that you're already gone to the bathroom, because I definitely do not recommend going out there anymore until daylight.  I'm going to bed.  *Cheerfully*  Goodnight!

Him: Wait, no-!

Me: *Runs to bed before it's midnight, because that's when they really start, and it's when they usually start attacking me when they're in this kind of an active mood*

Me, going to the pet store: *Scanning the humans to see if any look promising*

Me: Aww, look at all of the precious furbabies!

One of the employees, coming over: They're so sweet, aren't they?

Me: Yes.  All I'm wondering is how I'm going to persuade my parents that we should get a hamster, too.

Her: *Laughs*  What kind of pets have you got at home?

Me, mentally screaming: Oh my FSM, THIS ONE'S ACTUALLY INTELLIGENT!!!  (You have no idea how rare actual intellect is around these parts.)

Me: *Sensing an opening*  A rabbit, a budgie, we're big animal fans.

Her: I know, right?!!

Both of us: *Getting extremely animated as we start talking about our animals*

Me, mentally: My child, I like your vibe!

Both of us: *Launching into a full ten or fifteen minute discussion on proper care and handling habits, and how to best train them and respect them*

Her: *Completely agreeing with everything I'm saying and looking very excited to find someone who understands her*

Me, mentally: You don't have many intelligent conversations with people in this city either, do you?

My mother, who as usual misses any time that I actually voluntarily have a big conversation with someone else: *Walks up*  Did I miss anything?

Me: ..................................

The fam, having a conversation together:

Me: Mom, you KNOW by now that people are deliberately raised to be as stupid as possible around here, right?  What with how badly the school system is constructed-

Mom: -They couldn't possibly do that!!!  Dear?  *Turns to dad*  That's an exaggeration, isn't it?

Dad: *Looking completely disgusted and fed up with the world that he lives in*  I'M TELLING YOU THAT IT'S TRUE, DEAR.  EVERYONE'S A FRICKING MORON.

Mom: Language, dear.

Me: I, myself, have noticed a marked increase in stupidity over the last two decades.  It was quite sudden to begin with, and then settled into a gradual decline with a general lack of education overall.  You've seen how people's behavior has deteriorated, after all.  They're deliberately raised to be fools.  It's all about control, and keeping the general populous as helpless and malleable as possible. 

Dad: AnD iT's OnLy GoNnA gEt WoRsE fRoM hErE-!

Mom: *Imperial glare*  You have no room to speak here, dear.  You were raised in this country, as well.

Dad: IT'S STUPID, THEY'RE STUPID, EVERYONE'S STUPID!  DO YOU KNOW THE KIND OF IDIOTS THEY ALLOW IN A TRUCK THESE DAYS?!!  THE LACK OF TRAINING?!!  HOW MANY WRECKS AND FOOLS THERE ARE ON THE ROAD?!!!

Us: Well, you never fail to tell us about each and every one of them, so..  Yes.

Dad: WHEN WE GO ON VACATION TO HUNGARY, WE'LL-

Us: NO.

Mom: You'll embarrass us!!!

Dad: *Le cri*

Jay: Regular soda is too sweet!
Lloyd: Diet soda has a weird aftertaste!
Jay: No! Ugh, oh my First Spinjitzu Master.  Diet soda is THE BEST! It doesn't have sugar! It's SPICY!
Lloyd: It has other weird stuff in it! I'll take REGULAR sugar in my REGULAR soda!
Jay: It's SO SWEET like it's a dessert though! Diet feels more like a drink!
Lloyd: I'm going to physically attack you.
Jay: Which is better, Nya?
Nya: Oh, I usually drink water!
Lloyd: Wha- NO!
Jay: DISGUSTING!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro