Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

~The next day~

"Atsushi!" Kunikida called.

"Eh— yes, Kunikida-san? Did you need something?"

"What's wrong with you today? You're unusually jumpy and don't seem to be paying attention to anything anyone tells you. Ranpo told you something vital to a case, and you essentially waved him off. He's sulking in a corner right now, by the way. That was extremely disrespectful, especially for you, so what on earth could you possibly be thinking about that would evoke such a response?"

"Um, nothing. Just... a later arrangement I'm quite excited for. I'll go apologize to Ranpo-san."

"Alright. And this time, listen when he tells you about the case evidence. He took a while figuring it out, and some others had been rolling it around for weeks. He was actually proud of himself, so please don't rain on his parade, okay?" Kunikida sighed.

"Yeah, sorry..." Atsushi said, head over to the corner Ranpo was was sitting in, with his hat over his eyes as he slumped against the floor.

"Uh, hey Ranpo-san?" Atsushi cringed awkwardly, crouching down next to him. "Um, I'm sorry... I was distracted earlier. I'm ready to listen now."

Ranpo sat there for a few more seconds, sliding even lower against the wall. When Atsushi opened his mouth again for a second apology, the reply came, from a grumpy, offended voice.

"Promise? This case actually took some effort you know. I was proud of myself too..."

"Yeah, I know, sorry," he said, a thought of Ryu gently petting Machiko last night entering his mind.

"I'd also like to know where you're going with Akutagawa, but that can wait," he said.

"Huh?! How did you—"

"You get a different look in your eyes when you're thinking about him. Anyway, this case is about four gangs, insignificant, weak ones, but their four way war is causing problems. Some of the members of one of them have been going missing, so the leader came to see if we could help. After a few thoroughly unproductive weeks and two more disappearances, the case was delegated to me. Turns out, the leader isn't even the mastermind of the gang. He's just the charisma. The brains behind the operation is, in true cliché fashion, the right-hand man, who's been selling them off to the other three. It's because his mother is seriously ill in the hospital, and he's running out of money to fund her treatment. The leader, as he or she often is in these scenarios, is extremely stupid, and has not even considered that it could be his ever-trusted sidekick, making the perp's  job even easier. So all we actually have to do is get into three gang bases and find two people in each, adding up to all six who've gone missing, jail this man, and have Yosano help his mother. Understand?"

"Yeah. So what's the plan?"

"So, Kunikida and Dazai do one base, you and Kyouka-chan do another, your two groups meet at the last and strongest gang's base, get the final two abductees, Tanizaki will arrest the offender, and you'll all be home in a few hours, tops."

"Kay, thanks! You're amazing, Ranpo-san!" Atsushi said as he turned to walk away, throwing one last smile over his shoulder as he left.

Ranpo then proceeded to smile cutely and basically melt into a satisfied puddle of happiness at the praise while munching on madeleines, potato chips, and lil' candies.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro