Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Audrey                                                                                                                                 

"Hello pretty!" He said.

"Hi!"  I replied, still standing in his way and staring at him like a total stranger.

But why have you been avoiding my calls? Elt asked.

At that point in time I wanted to give him a dirty slap.

"I've been busy and right now I'm studying so I will speak to you later," I said and then shut the door in his face.

Rude much but at this point in time I didn't care at all. Good job done, I whispered silently to myself.

I was in the kitchen now washing some vegetables as I was done taking a shower.

Elton had been pressing the doorbell since I shut the door in his face and I was getting pissed but I totally refused to open the door.

He called me several times on my phone and neither did I pick his calls too.

When I could no longer take it, i just dismantled the phone, entered the sound proof study and tried as much as possible to concentrate.

I had made a decision and it meant, no more communication with Elton.

Elton
I stood outside not being able to think things straight. I was so lost in thoughts and I needed an explanation to all this.

What had I done wrong this time around?

I do not remember raising my voice at her or anything else.

I wasn't going to leave this premises until i got an explanation and I was so determined about that unless of course she decided to stay indoors for life.

Whilst outside, I remembered the worst. Drusilla kissing me in the hallway and Edwin seeing the whole scene.

I knew from the look of things that Edwin was still interested in Audrey although she did not want anything to do with him.

Could it be that Edwin has already told her or had Drusilla sent another of her edited videos to her?

"I am not going to play this game again." I murmured to myself.

I had to get to the bottom of this shit and I intended to do it now. Its either both of them undo what they have done or I will beat the hell out of them.

I was so angry to the extent that I didn't realize who stood behind me.

I turned away from the door that was shut in my face few moments ago to head towards Edwin's house since it was only fifteen minutes drive away from Drey's and that was when I bumped into Audrey's big brother, Derrick.

He looked gentle until our eyes met and I saw that his so gentle physique did not match his cold eyes.

I believed that he would be smashing my face any moment from now and well, i was neither ready or in the mood for a fight.

I met Derrick when I was in my final year in high school. During the time Audrey and I were friends and that was some weeks before we started dating.

He was very possessive of Drey, and that was very annoying. He had warned me never to let a tear drop from her eyes but i failed terribly. 

Drey had cried because of me for sometime now. It broke my heart seeing her sad but i was so determined to make it all right. To make things perfect for the better.

Derrick

"Wow! Look at who we have here," i said when I saw the playboy himself.

He could play with all the other girls in the world but definitely not my sister. I wanted to really smash his face very hard but I had to hold myself. 

"It was an issue he and Drey had to settle  themselves."

"I had to stay out of their arguments because Audrey was matured enough to care for herself."

"Can I have a word with you, please?He asked.

I stood there looking into his face without even offering to give him a reply.

"Ermm...you are a guy like me,"he started.

I dont really know why your sister is avoiding me. She claims she is busy but I have this extremely strong feeling that she is telling lies.

"My sister is never and will never be a liar." I interrupted angrily.

She can't take your ill mannered treatment for a lady her class anymore.

She doesnt want to see you again can't you get it man? I said hitting mh index finger on his chest.

She is done with you and this time, i mean real "done".

Think smart okay! You are a man. Do you think she would avoid you if you have done nothing wrong to her?

You have broken her heart so many times and kept her crying herself all night to sleep.

Why?Are you not tired of hurting her. Why cant you just leaave her alone.

"But i truly love her..... it may be true that i have broken her hear once but.."

"But what huh? Get out of this place before i beat the hell out of you!"

I screamed at him and he flinched but continued blabbering out that he loved her.

"I do,please forgive me. I did not mean to cheat on her at all...."

I was filled with rage and the moment he ended the statement, I gave him the slap of his life. I punched him in his face afterwards and to my surprise he had the gut to defend himself.

I hit his stomach with my elbow and blood oozed from his mouth. 

He punched my nose in defence and it really hurt but i was determined to finish him off on the spot. This guy indeed had guts. 

By the time I will be done with him, he wouldnt dare come back to chase my sister.

Elton

After putting some facts together, it was now clear to me that Audrey avoiding me was either Edwin or Drusilla's fault. 

I was so sure both of them had a hand in it and i was so much determined to find out.

As i decided to leave Audrey's doorstep, I turned to go. Not knowing Derrick was behind me, I bumbed right into him.

He was so cold the minute our eyes met and I was so much confused.

Oh God! what was going on here?

What was Audrey thinking about me right now? I dont reemember doing anything so horrible to hurt her for her brother to stare at me like this.

All this thoughts were making me go crazy. I admit that I hurt her in the past but we were gone past that now.

She should just learn to beluieve in me for once because I would never do anything to hurt her.

Derrick got angry at me as I spoke to him about Drey.

He just looked at me with fury in his eyes. I believe he would smash my head anytime soon but i wasnt so much bothered. 

I just kept on telling him that I loved Drey.

Before i could stop him, he punched my face so many times that i couldn't take it any longer. 

I had to defend myself and so I hit him in return to stop him from fighting any further.

But it didn't turn out the exact way i thought it would. I turned out worsening the whole situation.

I lost and i  think that now,it was forever. She told me that she didnt love me anymore the moment she saw the state in which her brother was and my heart ached when I heard her.

I really lost hope in living. I wanted to die for I had nothing worth living for anymore aside my mum. I wished that my mum had never given birth to me.

Life was indeed unfair.

It has always been but the question i asked myself was that, why was it always only harsh to me?

Tears dropped down my cheeks and I was amazed because I harldy cried.

Looking into her eyes, i saw anger,pain,hurt,and coldness.

The once caring, loving,and sweet Audrey was gone and left one without a heart.

Audrey... i started to explain things to her again but she rose her hand signalling me to shut up.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro