Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Last chapter or nahh?

Derrick

I knocked several times but she refused to open the door so I finally gave up. "I will be going now but will come back soon. Chanelle, please don't avoid me. I am sorry," I screamed.  

I took my keys and drove straight home. I felt slightly better now that my wounds had been given some better treatment. I remembered how smooth her fingers felt on my skin as she dressed  my wounds. 'Oh Chanelle!' I silently moaned her name as I sat in the living room's couch. She was going to be the end of me.

She had occupied my heart now and there was no denying it. I now felt trapped by the so called feeling I once mocked, 'love.'

I called her when I got home but till now, she hadn't answered or called back either .

I  had completed school years back and was now a graduate. I was to help either mum or dad with the company work but since they were still at it I felt the need  to enjoy life till they gave up working hard and that is why I'm mostly described as a hedonist. 

But now, Chanelle has given a new meaning to my life. For her, I was willing to go the extra mile. I was going to work my ass off till I was sure she had the life she deserved as my 'queen'.

It has been straight two years since I completed college and Audrey was now in her final year wishing and hoping so hard not to complete soon because she knew she was hell gonna miss the school and most importantly all the fun she had with her bestfriend, Chanelle, there. 

She, unlike me, had all her memories in just one school. I could literally say she grew there after she had been home schooling until high school.

The school, my former, Malory High and College  both had a pool and some of the students mostly went there to release 'after school stress'.

I arrived in the school not knowing where to park. things had for sure changed. I started to drive around the park till I got a suitable parking spot. I wanted to get the door for Chanelle but she beat me to it and walked away without a goodbye whatsoever.

As usual I was once again surrounded by a group of girls as I stood by my car as if I was some sort of celebrity. I used to love it at first but not anymore. I was and had changed for the one woman who had captured my heart, Chanelle Khan.

Dheena

Audrey! I called. "Hurry so I could go drop you off before I continue to work."

"Yes mum! I will soon be down." she responded.

I had not really planned on delivering again after I had Derrick. At least I wanted to wait for some five years before I considered the thought of getting pregnant again. All of a sudden, I began to have the early morning sickness.

I and my husband assumed it was just as a result of the stress I put myself through so he got me some drugs once on his way home from work but that only made it worse.

We then decided we will go to the hospital and that was when the news was given to us. I was pregnant. Sincerely, it came to us a shock and a bit of a bother because we had to quickly adjust our lives for a new born baby but we were later on all glammed up with smiles when the doctor revealed that we were gonna have a girl.

That should be the most excited day in our lives. I, for one, had always wanted to bear a girl as my first but the heavens always knows what is best.

Growing up, Audrey was so adorable. Everyone  loved her and I cherished her so much. However, because I spent just a little time with her, I could never really keep track of what was going on in her life.

I will admit that I have always been more devoted to work than the lives of my children but I was planning on making up for all the time that had been lost.

Audrey

I rushed downstairs and joined mum at the table. I ate breakfast and when I was done, I went to the couch where she was sitting reading some documents and told her that we could leave.

"All right dear," she answered.

It had been two days since the incident with Drusilla and since then, Edwin had been stalking me all over the school.  I couldn't shun him anymore due to the fact that I felt indebted to him and before I realized, we had bonded more quickly than I expected.

Chanelle

"Hey!" he says when I pick up his call.

"Yeah," I respond.

"Hope you good," he continues.

"Yeah! I'm okay." I reply.

"Ermm.. wanna come over this evening? "He said stuttering a bit. Something I've noticed him do when he gets kind of nervous.

"I have a date," I said bluntly hoping to put him off.

"Hmm... where?" he kept on asking.

From what I can recall, that should be none of your business," I rudely replied.

"Ouuu. sorry. I guess someone is a bit grumpy tonight huh?" he teased.

"Ermm... I will pick you up for school tomorrow at seven. Goodnight."

And that was it... He hanged up on me. And who the hell told him I had accepted to go to school with him tomorrow?

Derrick

My cell beeped as soon as I put it on the side table and tucked myself into bed. I picked it up and saw Chanelle's name pop on the screen.

L🥰O💍M💖L

L🥰O💍M💖L: I'm not going to go anywhere with you 

Me: please

L🥰O💍M💖L: I'm sorry, I have an exams tomorrow

Me: Ple...ase just this once

L🥰O💍M💖L: Sorry

This girl was really adamant on saying no.

Me: What about I come together with Drey to take you both to school. Will that be okay?

L🥰O💍M💖L: My driver will take me to school. No need to bother yourself thanks.

Me: Chanelle its just tomorrow. Drey wants to go with you to school too.

L🥰O💍M💖L: Do as you please.

Me: Goodnight love.  She never texted back. not that I really cared though. I knew it was too soon to expect a reply from her.

"Audrey!" I exclaimed rushing into her room and almost seeing her nakedness.

"Cant you knock for once?" she screamed into my face.

"Sorry sis," I apologized with my back turned towards her.

"I'll drop you off at school tomorrow so be prepared okay."

Audrey:' Huh! ' She said but I left the room before she could ask me any further questions.
What at all was this boy up to? I thought.

Chanelle
I was so tired when I woke up but I had no choice than to go to school. I really wanted to catch up with all that I had lost because of my trip.

I had a cold bath, dressed up and then went to the kitchen. I poured myself some milk and made some toasted bread which I craved for this morning.

As I sent this to the dining hall, the doorbell rang.

Oh goodness gracious! I totally forgot all about Derrick. What at all was this guy? Was he even for real at all?

Audrey
It had really been a long night. I had slept so much to the extent that I didn't want to wake up any longer.

"Audrey!" Derrick called as he entered my room. 

"It would be better if you wake up from this slumber unless you want to me to come and wake you up myself."

Scared that he would probably tickle me, I sat on straight on the bed, stretched my arms and got up lazily from the bed to begin to get ready for school, Malory High and College. This was the school Derrick had attended too.

I had moved there a long time ago when I complained to my mum about me not liking homeschool anymore. After that, most of my outdoor life was lived and now, will be buried there.

Derrick #flashback

My life had been so boring as I had been a lacktey child during my early years. The news of my mum's pregnancy was the best news I had ever had. I remember jumping all around the house, on my bed, and even on the living room's couch. I couldn't keep the news to myself and as such told Stanley, my bestfriend, about it.

I always wished to have a little sister. Someone I could share my numerous toys with. Someone I could play with whilst my mum and dad had both gone to work and this was fulfilled when after a long time, my dad returned from the hospital with my kid sister.

"Audrey is her name ," dad said. I looked at her cute lips and held her little fingers. She grabbed onto my finger tightly and I giggled.

I loved Drey so much that I had always protected her. I defended her even when she was wrong. I pampered her, mum did so as well and likewise dad but she never appeared to be a spoilt brat.

Thanks for reading this! 

AN: Please vote, comment and share on your message board if you liked this chapter.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro