Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Edwin
I could not stay without getting worried about Audrey. she was not in a right shape to do what she was about to do
As i got close to a place a colleague said to have seen her go, i knew at once that she wasnt going to be okay and i was glad to have caught her in my arms before she could fall to the ground.

I rushed downstairs carrying her bridal style and though people wondered what was going on, i took her to my car and rushed here to the hospital contacting Derrick, her brother, who arrived immediately asking so many questions.

The doctor came out of the room and told us not to worry at all.

He added to speak to any relatives and as Derrick was around, he went to his office and i went to Audrey's ward.

Derrick
I have not been home for a day now and i get a call only for me to be informed that my sister was at the hospital.

I rushed forgetting to leave a note for Chanelle who was asleep. My phone was also running low but i didn't care. My kid sis was not well and any material stuff did not matter for now. I got to the hospital and found a guy who looks familiar.

He introduces himself as Edwin and i began asking him lots of questions as to what was the reason for bringing Audrey here.

He said she collapsed and that was it since the doc came in to inform us that she was fine.

I entered the doctor's office then he began to speak, "I'll advice you to keep an eye on her from now to prevent her from getting worn-out so as to avoid hurting the foetus in her." he said.

Does this mean she is pregnant? i asked. "Yes! about 9 to 10 days," well i don't expect you to see the symptoms at this early stage.
I believe she's not even aware or is she?

"I doubt." I answered to the doctor.

After a few more words with the doctor, i left and went to her ward where she lay awake but looked pale.

"Im sorry Derrick, " she cried. I should have listened to you" she said and i knew that what i had predicted was what had happened.

"Its okay" i said to her.

" Excuse me ill leave you two to talk," Edwin said.

"Thank you Eddie. Ill never forget this." I said and he smiled and walked away.

"We need to go home soon" i said to her and then the doctor came in and told us that we could leave.

We drove in silence till we got home.

"Is anything wrong Derrick?" Drey asked me.

Have you spent time with anyone before? He blurted out.

"Ermm...yes...but...wait! Im i pregnant?" I asked and slid down to sit on the floor.

Its that jerk right? How could you Drey?And why didnt you inform me earlier? I didn't know we have started keeping secrets from each other. He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. Why did....

Shut up Derrick. Shut the fuck up." She screamed on top of her voice. How do you want me to tell you when you are never around.

I have no one to talk to anymore. You!" She said poking her index finger into my chest. You leave everyday and spend the day with Chanelle forgetting entirely about me.

I dont have a problem with your lovely relationship Derrick. I just want my caring, jovial and listening brother back.

I want the person who will always listen to my shit even if it certainly was stupid." She ended sniffing her tears away.

Finally, the tears she was keeping hidden sprang down her cheeks and i immediately hugged her. All she said was right... i didn't have time for her anymore. I had broken the relationship between us just because i happened to fall in love.

Would Chanelle be angry if i spent a littel time with my sister? No she wouldn't.

This mess was entirely me. I wasnt there for Drey and instead of hugging her in this messed up time, all i did was scold her.

We kept silent for a while and i saw that no matter what, i had put my sister first before any other woman.

It has always been family first.
After a few minutes of silence, it then dawned on me that she was asleep in my arms.

I carried her to her room nd lay her on her bed. She looked so calm and i began wondering what we were going to tell mum.

Chanelle

He left without a word. He didn't even bother to leave a note behind concerning his whereabouts. I tried calling his number several times but it happened to be useless since his cell was switched off.

I dropped my phone angrily in the sofa and headed to the kitchen where i was heating up some food in the microwave.

Soon it was hot and even though i tried to eat, i couldn't. All that occupied my mind was Derrick. I hope he was alright.

Elton
Waking up to find Drusilla in my bed was eww and yuck. I felt like throwing up at once. I tapped her hand causing her to wake up.

"What are you doing here?" I screamed.

I took my boxers, dressed up and stormed out of the room. Everyone was gone.

The place was damn quiet then it dawned on me that i had committed a great mistake i could never forgive myself for and i dont think Audrey will even think twice to get me totally out of her life.

Dhenna
I sat in my office realising that i hadnt seen my children for months.

I decided to call Drey at least to find out if everything was okay since i had been having some strange feelings for the past few days.

I dialed her number on the telephone and it went through but she didnt pick up.

I called thrice and i decided to fly right away if she didn't answer on the fourth call.

Luckily, she picked.

Me: ive been calling you for sometime now, where were you at all

Drey: Mum

Me: Darling. Is everything okay with you. You sound stressed.

Drey: mum! I need you (crying)

Me: Im flying in soon baby. Hang on for mum okay.

There was so much panic in her voice that i couldn't stay a minute longer in the office. I took my handbag, went out of the office and informed Daisy, my secretary to cancel all my meetings knowing that i would be away for a few weeks.

She did as told and asked me not to worry too much about the company whilst i was away. She assured me that it was in good hands.

Driving to the airport,  i thought of telling Simon about what was happening with his daughter but then again i guessed it was not needed since he hadnt bothered to give me a call after we argued about Drey some days back.

I sat in the airplane and we flew over to where i once lived as an entire family.

I was becoming extremely nervous as time passed by and i knew i needed to calm down before i had one of my panic attacks.

Waking up from my long thoughts, i noticed that all was wrong. We had a fault with the plane and for once i beloeve that there  was no way i was going to survive the forseen crash.

I couldn't cal anyone before the expected could happen.

All i thought about with the little life i had left in me were my kids,Derrick and Drey.

I prayed silently for their souls and mine as well and that was it. We exploded and everyone before the explosion screamed but screaming couldnt save us ar all because within a second, i was out of the planet.

Derrick
I sat in the hall, put on the television and began thinking of wjay was going to happen to Drey when mum found out about her state.

Well, i wish mum will think like me and not have much of a problem so far as that jerk is willing to take responsibility  because i feel like Drey is of age now. She could be a mother at her age. I mean its not so appropriate seeing she just started her future journey. 

But shes not a teenager. With my full support,  she could be a great mom. I wish she ends up loving her child and not hating her for whatsoever reason.

' welcome to midday news, at about noon, a plane was reported to have crashed. News following stated that no parts of the plane seen to head into the sea or human parts have been found yet. The police are still looking into the matter for now.' Jones reporting....the newscaster said.

That awoke ne from my thoughts. Mum was at new york. What if she was heading home today.

Mum!!! Drey screamed and i rushed to her before she almost fell to the ground.

"Mum...mum! She continued saying whilst panicking.

"What is it?," i asked her. "She...she...said....she's....coming," she stammered.

Calm down! I said. Let me just call her. I fished out my phone and remembered i hadnt yet gone for it from Chanelle's.  Obviously she should be angry with me right now but i knew she would eventually understand.

"Hand me your phone," i said and she did so quietly..i saw a few calls from the Edwin guy, the guy who i see try to flirt with Drey all the time but i just forgot i ever saw that and dialled mum's number but it wasnt going through.

Again and again, i called but no answer. The little hope i had was lost when Drey shouted again covering her mouth with her hand to muffle her screams. She was pointing and staring keenly at the television, tears streaming down her face.

It was my mum being pulled out of the ocean.  Dheena Khinn was dead. I cursed the day she left us alone to work miles away.

Tears sprang out of my eyes regardless of how hard i tried to hold it back.
I gathered Drey in my arms as we mourned together.

Elton
Weeks after mum returned and Drusilla had what she had always wanted, i had neither heard nor seen Audrey.  I tried her number several times but it was not reachable.

Rumours had it that her bestfriend, Chanelle had travelled to India to further her course in medicine  and thus there was no way i could trace her.
She was not an option.

I decided i had to move on with my life and embrace whatever fate had in store for me. I was now a full grown businessman as i had taken over from mum since she was extremely older now.

Mum over the years pressurized me to forget about Drey and look for another lady since she wanted grandchildren but i managed to escape anytime she brought that situation up.

Now, i was heading to New York for some business meeting and i dont know how but within me, i had both hood and bad feelings about her disappearance.

Chanelle
After i saw that Aunt Dheena was dead, i thought it wise to go to Drey's house to find both Derrick and she in a bad state. I didnt know who to rush to. Was it my bestfriend or boyfriend?

I looked to them both and Derrick gave me the go aheadto attend to Drey whom i managed to eventually put to sleep.

I came and found Derrick sitting down, lost in his thoughts.  I wanted to tell him that all was going to be alright but i just couldn't.

"Im sorry i didnt tell you before leaving.  It was urgent so i hurriedly left your place making me forget to leave you a note." He said.

" Its okay! All that matters now is that you are fine." I said and put my head on his shoulder.

The next day, Derrick invited me to his place and i went over only to find him holding packed bags.

"We have to leave, Chanelle. This place is no longer conducive for Drey and you know that."

I looked from Drey to Derrick.  Hiw could he dk this to me. I turned to leave when he held me back.

"She needs a break. To get away from all this, please Chanelle understand. " he said and the next moment, i found his lips on mine capturing with full possession.

I finally broke the kiss the told him i understood. 

Dont worry, i would come over in a few days. I just have to inform my mum. I assured him.

I said and went to hug Audrey who in turn said that she was sorry for causing this between her brother and i.

I saw them off at the airport  planning that in a few days i move to New York to see them before heading to India to further my education.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro