Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I walked into the ballroom with Edwin who claimed to be getting over his affection for me.

I looked around desperately though all eyes were on me since i looked the prettiest and most wlegant so far.

I walked around in search of him but couldnt find him. I took my cell after 5minutes  of search and dialed his number but it was to noq7o avail.

I was beginning to have a bad feeling. I just felt like all waant right. "Looking for Elton?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah! But it doesnt matter anymore. i guess he will be a bit late."i answered

Eddie poked my nose and said,"No need to lie huh... i know perfectly well that you are worried. You dont need to get so worked up. Some of his collegues informed me that he was on his way." Edwin said and i wondered why Elton didnt bother to pick my calls.

"Okay now? Cheer up princess!" He said  then walked away. I was left alone loitering about then later went to the bar to sit down.

I picked up my glass about to drink when Elton entered with his hand around Drusilla's waist. My hlass dropped from my hand and crashed on the floor, broken.

All eyes turned towards me including his. Eddie came to me and for the first time Elton didn't come to fight him, break his jaw or something.  He only looked away.

As i stood close to Edwin with both of us staring into Elton's eyes with he staring back at us, Edwin murmured "I gotta teach this guy a lesson."

Before i could prevent it, Edwin had already punched Elton on the cheek. Drusilla was invincible enough to separate both of them. She went to Elt being all over him saying baby... baby are you ok? Im so sorey blah...blahh
That girl disgusted me to the core.

Edwin tried to pull Drusilla with him just away from Elt when surprisingly Elton stood up and told Edwin to let her go."

What the fick was going on here. I couldnt contain it any longer so i run out in my gown with everyone just standing and staring.

Elton

As we entered the ballroom,i felt entirely guilty. Had i made the right choice by playing along with Drusil? Would Drey be hurt that much? We entered and the hurt , pain and anguish i saw in her eyes made me sick.

"Im so sorry to do this," i said silently only wishing she could hear my thoughts.

And there again was Drusilla trying perfectly well to get my attention which  i had no choice than to give.

As Drey rushed out of the hall with her eyes filled with tears, i wanted to run to her and tell her that everything was going to be alright.

I wished and hoped that all of this was a nightmare but unfortunately for me, it wasnt. My cupcake was now gone and that was forever.  My jewel! I hoped that someday, she will eventually understand me and forgive me for embarassing her like this.

I could vividly remember all the good times we shared. The quarrels we had and more importantly what happened between us in my mum's secret place.

Images of the past flashed through my mind and i wanted to know what awaited us in the future.

"Lets go and have some drinks," Drusilla pulled me along. Thinking it was a good idea, i followed her. The only thing that could make me better was alcohol and that was what i sorted to forgetting that for everything we did or do,there was a price to pay.

Edwin

She cried her heart out and all i could do was just comfort her.
I was sure Drusilla was playing smart but Drey didnt see it taht way. She saw it as betrayal and well, i couldn't blame her.

But what if this was true? What if Elt was actually taking a turn with Drusil since he knew Drey will eventually forgive him for it but i doubted it was ever going to happen.

By the time she was done, my shirt was well soaked but i didnt mind. We sat out staring at the stars lost in our thoughts  when she broke the silence.

What did i not give him? I gave him every single bit of my  live. I forgave him several times even when he was wrong. I paid him visits in his time of agony even when he screamed at me.

She looked into my eyes and i could detect it, pain. She was deeply hurt. What do i lack which she has?

After a while,  she continued,  why did he decide to do this to me at this time," she said and broke intto tears again. I hugged her tightly feeling like i were in her shoes.

How i wish i could be loved this day.

Audrey
I could not understand a thing and i hence, i  went deep into thoughts. Finally, i decided to clarify all this.

Was this the perfect way to break up with me. Well, i wanted to hear that from him. I didn't want to think for him even thought everything was so clear to me.

As i walked back into the room, Edwin tried to stop me but i was not ready to listen. He tried telling me that i was going to hurt myself more but i didnt care about a thing.

I asked the waiter of his whereabouts. After searching among thise dancing and those at the bar, he directed me to the bar attendant who claimed to have seen Elton go upstairs with a lady whom he couldnt quite remember. But come to think of it, did i actually need someone to tell me who that lady was? No! Because heaven and hell both knew that it was Drusilla.

I went towards the direction i was shown waiting to embrace anything that came my way opening doors and budging into couples having a nice time my stomach twisted and turned. As i was lost in my thoughts, i opened the door to my left and there they were having a good time.

Elton! Elt! my first love kissing Drusilla  here and there with her clutching onto his shirt and having her legs wrapped around his torso.

The last thing i could  remember was Elton and Drusilla and then all i could see was darkness.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro