Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We sat by the harbours edge long into the night. While everyone slept we watched the water as it began to glow, the roots of the tree fed into it this was a phenomenon that not many humans witnessed. "You know you always looked beautiful with that light shining on you," he said. 

"That's not going to work on me, I am promised to Aguirre," I reminded him. 

"Aguirre is not coming back," Frank said. 

"How do you know?" I asked. 

"I just know," he said and laid his back against the dock. I laid down next to him and splashed the tip of my tail in the water. He picked me up and carried me down to the second deck of his boat, my tail turning into legs. His leopard snuggled up close to me and we bedded down for the night. The ship rocked gently on the smooth surface of the river.  A few glowing rays shone through the slits in the bottom of the wood. Franks bellowing voice woke me up first. I yawned and stretched. A bit dopey from sleep I walked up to the top deck and leant against the side of the boat. 

"What's going on?" I yawned, stroked a hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes. 

"Frank can't pay his debts," his boss said. 

"How much?" I asked stretching. 

"More than what you have my dear," he replied. 

"I beg to differ," I said and jumped off the deck and into the water as Franks engine was removed. I hid deep in the reeds. I waited till I could no longer hear the thudding footsteps of Franks boss and swam to the surface. I found Frank sitting on the side. "What are we going to do?" 

"We?" he asked. 

"Well, he stole from both of us," I reminded him. He gently brushed my green hair behind my ear and smiled softly. "Do you need me to use my siren magic?" 

"Would you do that for me?" he asked. 

"Of course," I replied hopping onto the pontoon and walked to his boss' office my magic drying my being instantly. I walked up through the bar ignoring the drunken delinquents who call themselves men and to his office. I pounded on the glass delicately. 

"Go away," Nilo said. 

"Nilo, please," I said, but as soon as he heard my voice the door opened instantly. 

"So Frank sends a woman to beg for him," Nilo said and sat down in his chair pouring another brandy. 

"I am not just any woman," I replied making my eyes glow and training them on him. "You see Frank needs that engine to make our livelihood, and we'll pay you what you want from our wages, just let us do one more tour." He slowly turned his gaze to me. 

"I don't think Frank would agree so easily," he replied. 

"I think he would, it was his idea after all," I perched my back onto the desk. 

"Let me grab you a drink from downstairs doll and I'll think about it," he replied. I nodded and dulled my eyes. A few moments later and there was a knock on the door. 

"Nilo, I am looking to hire one of your boats," a female voice said on the other side of the door.

"One moment," I replied. 

"Oh if you're busy I can come back," she said. 

"No, no please come in," I said and threw myself down into his chair. The woman walked in she was English.

"Are you Nilo?" she asked. I nodded. 

"You're er not what I expected," she commented. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro