Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Then...

Aguirre stood close to me on the balcony of the palace, his strong arms wrapped around me. "I can't lose her," he said, he strained his voice to stop it from faltering. 

"I know," I said turning to face him. "My powers are exhausted, I can't heal her anymore." 

"It's okay my love, you did what you could," he said and cuddled me to him. 

"I know of something that can help," Francisco said approaching us.  

"Such as?" Aguirre asked.

"There is a flower petal called The Tears of the Moon, that can heal all," he said. Aguirres eyes flicked to me. 

"I had no idea," I replied. 

"We leave at once, Francisco you ready the men and Merida you prepare whatever it is you need," he said. I nodded and retired to my chambers where potions bubbled and the water in the Cauldron boiled. I packed my books, serums and potions, with a click of my fingers the fires went out and I joined Aguirre and his men on the ship.  Instead of staying in a bunk, Aguirre took me to his cabin. "You'll be safe here." 

"I don't want to be locked in here," I whined. 

"I know, but a few of my men don't agree with having a woman aboard the ship," he said. 

"If that's your wish," I said, sat down at the desk and flipped open one of my spellbooks.  The ship took off, the wind strong in its sails. the waves licked the keel of the timber belly of the ship. I had cast a spell over Aguirre and his men to prevent seasickness. I read long into the night and emerged from the cabin when all his men were asleep and walked the damp timber that creaked under my every footstep. Aguirre was standing at the nose of the ship and I joined him resting my hands on his shoulders. "We will save her."             

"I hope so, I hope we get there in time," he said. 

"We will," I said and gave his shoulders a gentle squeeze.  

"You're sure you are going to be able to track the tree?" he asked. 

"Yes," I nodded as a strand of red fell from behind my ear which he tucked behind my ear again.  "Hopefully with this breeze, we'll be there soon."  

"Indeed," he smiled and brushed his hand over my cheek. "This is all thanks to you."   

"I would do it for anyone else who had a sick and dying family member," I said to him.  

"I feel lucky to have found you," he replied pulling me into his chest and we began to waltz on the deck of the ship. 

"Look how far we've come, because you finally trust me," I said. 

"I always trusted you, I was just sceptical about your methods," he reminded me. 

"Yes, because that's what it was," I giggled. 

"You don't believe me?" he quizzed me. 

"Of course, I do," I said teasing him, pushing myself out of his arms and leant on the side of the ship. 

A few days later and we were on the stretch of river in the jungle where the tree was said to reside.                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro