Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We had travelled down the wrong side of the twisting veins of the river. We were now on the rapids side. I was a good swimmer but not enough to swim  nimbly in and out of the rocks. I sat on the side of the ship attempting to hold on. "Merida!" Frank exclaimed as I dropped back, Lily ran toward me and grabbed my hand. 

"Don't let me go!" I exclaimed, my tail dragged me down, my  hand began slipping. "Please!" 

"I am trying my hardest," Frank said through gritted teeth, but my hand slipped from his and I fell over the waterfall, I watched as the boat turned around and left me there. I hit the rocks below, bouncing all over the place till I hit the water and sunk to the bottom unconscious. The first thing I heard when I came around wad the hissing of snakes and the buzzing of bees, but most of it was Aguirre's voice I heard first.  

"Didn't think we would meet this way," he said and gently stroked a hand through my damp hair.  

"Aguirre?" I tried to sit up but spikes of pain stopped me. 

"Easy, you took quite the fall," he said, when my eyes finally opened and they settled on him, that was not my Aguirre but a snake creature, even with my body detesting I leapt up and stumbled into the river who healed my wounds. "Merida!" he came closer and closer. 

"Stay away," I yelled. 

"Why do you shy away?" he asked. 

"You're not my Aguirre," I replied. 

"We have been long in sleep milady, the jungle has claimed us," one of his men said. 

"While you were turned into a beautiful siren, the jungle has been feeding off us and turning us into monsters," another explained. Aguirre cleared the snakes from his neck and showed me the locket he still wore. I walked closer, but just as I did my legs turned to my tail and I fell into the water with a tremendous splash. I had grabbed Aguirre and pulled him into the river with me. As we surfaced his men stared at us with concern but we only shared smiles and laughter.  

"I have to admit a tail looks good on you," he smiled, I said nothing and using my strong fin I flicked water at him coating him in the cool river water, the snakes detested and hissed at me. "Now I have a question for you," he knelt in the water before me. 

"Yes?" I asked and tipped my head to the side. 

"Where is Francisco?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said and shook my head. 

"We heard you were with him only hours ago," Aguirre said. 

"I fell from a waterfall, he must be long gone by now," I replied. 

"You're lucky I can always tell when you're telling the truth," he said. 

"I would never lie to you," I replied, the water began to glow around us and for a second Aguirre returned to the form I knew well. "See it is possible for us to return to our living selves." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro