Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Frank sat with me on the river bank this time. "He valued you," he said resting a hand on my tail. "I don't understand why he would hurt you like this." 

"Frank, I'm still here am I not?" I asked, he rested his other hand on my cheek. 

"You can't die anyway, but it's nice to know you're not going to wither away," he smiled. I offered a smile back but one that was coated with pain. 

"Take it easy," he said. 

"How far are we from the tree?" I asked. 

"A few days give or take," Frank replied. 

"It'll be sad when our journey comes to an end," Lily said. 

"Indeed it will," her brother agreed. 

"It's not over yet," I said and tried to pull myself up onto the boat. 

"Here, let me help you," Frank said lifting me up off the ground and placing me gently onto the timber, we were off by dawn. I gazed at the sky watching the clouds and birds high above me.

"Would you consider returning with me?" Lily asked. I sat up leaning on my elbows.

"I am not sure I can," I said looking at Frank.

"Perhaps the tree will let you leave," Lily suggested.

"It doesn't work that way," I reminded her.  "We are all
cursed, we can never leave."

"I don't know, I think you got off very easy," Frank said.

"I agree, you became a beautiful siren," Lily said.

"I guess," she replied. When I felt stronger I hauled myself onto Franks boat and we carried on our journey. Frank stood quietly steering the boat but he was still fuming about Aguirres actions. My side sore but I pushed myself up off the side of the boat and leant against it.

"Are you sure you're well enough to stand?" Lilys brother asked. I nodded.

"Yes, it doesn't hurt so much when I breathe anymore." I watched as the sun became lower and lower in the sky. It  painted the sky orange, many a sunset Aguirre and I used to share I knew he too was looking at the same sky. We travelled through the night, the glowing river guiding our journey, fireflies danced around my head like a twinkling crown. Our journey came to an abrupt stop as our way was blocked.

I leapt off the side and into the water. I tried to dislodge rocks and find a way through but nothing, however, a missile was shot toward me it missed me narrowly and hit the rock barricade but it was not enough power to reveal through. I floated for mere moments in the water softly stroking the water with my tail as I slowly swung it back and forth gracefully. A submarine chugged its way towards me. The men clustered the glass as if they had never witnessed a mermaid before.

I hauled myself out of the water and onto Franks boat, "we've been followed." I panted. Before I could say anymore the submarine surfaced.

"Hello there," a German voice called.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro