Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emma

January always flies fast for me because of the exams after the holidays and the new year. It's already the 29th January and today is the day I'm meeting with Jennifer. We haven't talked much since the whole thing went down at the game. Of course, I had to chat with my mother about all of this so it wasn't easy for me to understand. It was a relief knowing that my mother was still my biological mum but finding out Daniel and I are half brothers shocked me the most. Nothing is going to change between us but in fact, will between me and Jenn. We are meeting in this coffee shop near to her house as I want to drive a bit out of the neighbourhood. Sometimes the best time for yourself is in the car due to the fact that you're alone, you have to be aware of the cars around you but you also have that time with your music and of course with your mind. Driving to over to see Jennifer lets out a lot of emotions inside of me. Just remembering the good old days makes me even more anxious to talk about it all and having her like a sister as she was when we were growing up. I know that everything is going to change from now on because she was the one who contracted a private investigator to find out the truth. It was my idea to get together to have a coffee and sort out all of those years we haven't talked. I feel bad for thinking she was the one to send the video of that night Hannah was wasted to the whole entire school. But of course, it wasn't her. Who was it then? I don't understand who would be so cold hearted to do something like that to a person who has gone through a lot. I finally get to the coffee shop feeling so many emotions that I can't wait to rush out of the car to see her and forget about all of the bullshit from the past few years. I entire the tiny coffee shop as I see her sipping her mug of coffee in the far end corner. I walk up to her as she sees me with and that smile I've missed for years spread across her face. As I walk to her the butterfly feeling increase in my stomach.

"Hey!" I say reaching her chair as she stands up. I give her a hug as she goes in for the kisses. We both begin to laugh at the awkward moment as we let go of each other.

"How are you?" I can tell she is nervous by her voice cracking. It's kind of cute because we both are so I'm keeping it inside so she doesn't tell.

"I'm better. Hannah and I aren't talking much but apart from that I'm great." As I'm speaking I see the waiter walk up to our table to ask if we want any more drinks. I order a Caramel latte for myself as Jennifer already has her coffee. As the waiter walks away Jenn lets her cup on the table as she puts her elbows on the table with her fingers joined together and adds,

"You have to take your time to heal the pain she caused you and she might have found out that you and Hunter are dating" Yeap she sure did, I think she was the first one to find out. Hunter and I have been doing our normal life and it's been very nice. On our first day back from the holidays we went together to school holding hands so people got the picture quite fast. The fact that they were staring at us reminded me of the day they were staring at me when they had found out about my dad. I hate being the centre of attention so I just let his hand go and walked by his side as he grabbed him under his arms as he wanted expressly that everyone knew about us. So there isn't any question now.

"She found out and Hunter had to talk to her. I haven't spoken to her about it and I don't think I owe her any kind of explanations for being with him." I add as the waiter brings me my hot drink to the table.

After a few hours talking and catching up we finally say our goodbyes promising to meet more often. We clarify a lot of unresolved things and that was very helpful for both of us.

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro