20. Speechless

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I tried to be strong on the outer side, until I realised I lost this battle of my inner self."

----

Momentarily, they rushed towards Violet's house. Throughout the car drive, no one spoke anything. It was dead silent. Yoora tried to initiate a conversation with the injured woman but she just ignored her and emotionlessly gazed out of the window. Yoora glanced at Jungkook, her expression saying she wanted an answer as soon as possible, but he just shook his head making the woman confused as ever.

In half an hour they reached Violet's house and as expected, there were reporters camping near the place. They knew the moment they step out of the car, the reporters wouldn't let them breathe in peace and more than that, all of them were more worried about Violet. Her head, hands and legs were covered in bandages. It would be more uncomfortable for her to go out in this condition and her already deteriorated health, might get affected more.

By the looks of it, she appeared so pale, so weak, and above all depressed. Yoora and Jungkook were literally controlling themselves from shedding tears because they needed to be strong for her.

Hyun stopped the car at the back door of the mansion where no one was present except Seokjin, who was waiting for them. A stern expression was evident on his face. Jungkook got out of the car and opened the door for Violet. She steadily came out without looking at anyone, her eyes bore downwards and she didn't make eye contact with anyone.

"How are you feeling, Violet?" Seokjin asked and was about to pat her shoulder but she hesitantly stepped backward, her whole body trembling as if she was so scared. Her reaction just now made everyone perplexed except Jungkook. He took off his blazer and securely placed it on the woman.

"Yoora, take her inside, there's someone who wants to meet her." The younger spoke out and the manager followed without any further say. She understood this ain't the right time to talk with Violet, she was in a state of shock and she needed time to cope with everything. As soon as they went away, Seokjin gazed at Jungkook, hundreds of questions lingering in his mind. For good two minutes, there was absolute silence amongst the two.

"Why did you ask to call for a therapist?" The chairperson asked the actor and he let out a deep sigh whilst closing his eyes. Meanwhile, Yoora also returned back, and looking at her expressions anyone could make out she was so confused.

"Jungkook, what's... happening with Violet? Why isn't she responding? The doctor said that she needed to talk to her in private. What's happening?!" Yoora questioned and the male gazed at the ground, he was searching for the right words to explain the situation.

"She's not in a good state of mind, she needs therapy." He proclaimed and Yoora clapped her hands to her mouth, surprised by what she heard just now. A trail of tears made its way from her eyes and she clapped her hands to her mouth.

"What-what have I done?!" She cried out, blaming herself for not being able to be present at the right time. At this point, Jungkook too broke down.

"Calm down, Yoora. You too, Jungkook." Jin spoke looking at the two of them who were sniffing and sobbing.

"We should talk to the doctor. I'm certain she'll heal very soon." Hyun proclaimed and the others nodded. Jin ordered the managers to meet the doctor, now it was only the two males left alone in the backyard, the air suddenly turned tense.

"The cops informed a few moments ago that Seo Juyoung allegedly had a personal video of Violet. He was threatening her that if she doesn't follow his orders, he'll release it to the media." Seokjin let out a wicked scoff while uttering such disturbing information making Jungkook's palms turn into fists, his knuckles turned white and his nails dug into his skin.

"That fucker!" He murmured, rolling his eyes and gritting his teeth. His hands itched to hit that guy again and Seokjin closed his eyes, in shame. The shame of not being able to protect his artistee but what's over is the past and what's left is the actions they take to seek provide justice to Violet.

"What's more important is how did he get the video? By the looks of it, it was secretly filmed during that modeling event. You understand what I mean?" The elder muttered and the actor understood where this is headed to.

"Someone amongst us filmed it and gave it to him." The duo spoke in unison getting exactly where this all was headed.

"Also, I went to the orphanage where you two were brought up and it's true, Sierra was a part of it. In fact, she was adopted just after you two left." Jin spoke, making the younger's eyes widen in amusement.

"This is why she appeared familiar at times." Jungkook murmured, breathing out a deep sigh.

"I also tried to contact Taehyung but he didn't pick up the call. I heard he's in the States for work, he's rushing back to homeland as the news was blown up. If you think Sierra has an involvement, I can't ignore it. I've sent someone to the Kim manor and if anything amongst this is true, Kim Sierra will rot in prison." Seokjin proclaimed, stressing the last words and the other nodded at his statement.

Jungkook was in a dilemma at this point - what to believe and what not?

He understood one thing very clearly- Kim Sierra had some elongated history with him and Violet and if it was true that she stole notes and the bracelet as Violet said, then that meant...

He blamed the wrong person all this time.

All his teenage and mid-twenties were a lie.

He was hating someone whom he should've loved and cherished with all his heart.

A pallor of culpability made its way inside his system. Goosebumps erode on his skin.

"Jungkook, you need to be strong for her. Don't let your emotions ruin your life, once again. I'll deal with everything but you, just be with Violet. I can see, she needs you." Jin sighed and patted on his shoulder, the male was still in shock.

Soon, they both got inside only to see the doctor and the managers looking at them with anxious expressions on their faces.

"Where's Violet?" Jin asked.

"She's sleeping in her room, upstairs." Hyun answered.

"How is she?" Jungkook inquired, looking at the therapist.

"She's in a state of extreme shock and trauma. She isn't opening up to anyone, even the manager she considers to be her elder sister. From what I can conclude by my observations, she needs care, so much care and support." The female doctor uttered.

"Doctor, do everything which you can; just cure her as soon as possible." Seokjin pleaded and the woman sighed, shaking her head. Jungkook just stood there still like a statue, trying to engulf everything that he just heard.

"Mr. Kim, the problem with mental issues is that they require a lot of time and support from family, friends and loved ones to heal. From what I've heard, Ms. Park doesn't seem to have a family and that longing for one has been living in her heart. The orphanage incident, then the scandal during the peak of her modeling career, and now, the atrocity she has gone through. No one made her feel wanted or needed. At this point, I can give her medications but love and care are the only things that can heal her." The doctor explained, making everyone gasp in aghast. She turned towards Jungkook and continued, pulling him out of his thoughts. But the the final blow struck him when the doctor explained the whole situation.

"There's a saturation point for everything and this incident turned out to be that point for her mental state. She couldn't protect herself and that longing for love striked her mind. Also, Mr. Jeon, you were the last person she saw before passing out. From what I can see, she's comfortable only around you and that automatically makes you the closest person to her. I would suggest please take things normally. Make her feel loved, wanted and act as if nothing happened. She's at the crossroads of getting normal or the negative thoughts will delude her into someone you won't wish her to be. I'm afraid she might do someth-" Jungkook didn't let the doctor complete her sentence and sprinted towards Violet's room when the realization struck him inside out. He prayed internally that she shouldn't have anything that the doctor claimed.

Everyone followed behind him and before they could react, Jungkook's voice could be heard from upstairs.

"Violet!!" He yelled and the girl emotionlessly stared at him. She sat in the space just in front of the huge window of the room, which was all dark. The only source of visibility was the moonlight that shone through her pale face. She appeared like a lifeless being and her expression screamed 'misery'.

A knife was in her hand.

Without wasting a second more, the male ran towards the girl snatching the knife from her hands but it was too late, she already slit her wrist.

"VIOLET! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" He screamed, horrified looking at the blood oozing out from her bandaged right hand, it dripped down soaking the white covering to red. A singleton tear made its way from the corner of her eyes and she gazed deeply into the male's dark brown orbs. Momentarily, everything went black in front of her and she fell in his embrace.

The managers, along with Seokjin and the doctor, rushed towards the two. Yoora cried out looking at Violet's state, Seokjin and Hyun rushed towards Jungkook and everything appeared to be occurring in slow motion for the male who witnessed her taking her own life.

He could hear Yoora crying, Hyun panicking and Seokjin shouting out his name but he was too taken aback to react to anything. He couldn't even cry right now, his jaw dropped looking at the girl he always saw so strong, so cheerful, so playful... lying on the floor... on the verge of losing her life.

His knees gave up and he sat on the floor just in front of her.

"The ambulance is on the way!" The doctor proclaimed, looking at the patient.

In five minutes which felt like five years, the ambulance came and Violet was again admitted to the hospital.

----

Yoora and Hyun stayed inside the VIP lounge to take care of Violet, and Jungkook and Seokjin were outside. The doctor said, she was admitted on time if it were a minute late, they would've lost her.

Everything was too much to handle for Jungkook, his feet couldn't move forward to get inside and see her face. He was afraid what if... she didn't wake up?! His hands trembled and he stood still in one place unable to utter a word anymore, like a statue.

"JUNGKOOK!" Seokjin called out for him for the nth time and only now, he heard the elder's voice bringing him out of his deep thoughts. He could see Jin too, was crying. He nibbled his lips and wiped his tears before speaking further.

"Taehyung revealed to the media just now that his adopted sister Kim Sierra recorded Violet's video and sold it to Seo Juyoung. Also, Sierra... stole the piano notes and the bracelet twelve years ago. He confessed his sister's wrongdoings and he's handing her to the cops." The elder explained, shocked himself but Jungkook wasn't surprised, instead, a wave of rage made its way on his face.

"Give me your car keys." He asked, more like, ordered in a dangerously low tone.

"What are you-" He didn't let the elder finish and snatched the car keys from his hand and rushed towards the parking lot, not caring if he was seen without a mask.

Seokjin too rushed behind him but by the time he reached downstairs, Jungkook already drove the car at an intense speed. Seokjin called the actor but he didn't pick up the call.

POTATO'S NOTE:
Wishing a fast recovery to Violet.
I felt so sad while writing this chapter, really. T_T

A request to you all, please never ever indulge in self harm no matter how tough the situation is, there are always bad days in life but always remember, good days are awaiting for you. As once V said, "Without war, the hero within you dies."
Don't lose hope. Life is all about hope, the day you lose that hope, you're dead inside.
Stay happy <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro