{4}

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I closed the door with weak arms, then pressed my back against it. I could feel a pool of tears surrounding the rim of my eyes. It seemed like a torpedo was aimed straight for my gut, giving me a brutal blow.

It's not at all what Haechan thinks. Johnny's only a friend.

"Why did I ever take you for granted back when you liked me? You're a really... incredible person," Johnny's words replayed in my mind. What does he mean by that; he wished he never took me for granted?

He can't mean it as in he has any kind of feelings towards me. I mean, he's gay, and admitted to being fully gay.

My hands ran through my hair as I took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out afterward. I shook my head hoping to clear up my pacing thoughts and stop any tears from forming in my eyes. Wishing on everything I have, I hope I don't lose Haechan.

My knees were stiff as I climbed the stairs to go meet up with my friends. I could hear people laughing and joking around. When I had reached the top, I saw everyone having an apparently hilarious discussion in the middle of the hall. Haechan squeezed himself behind a couple of people and to lean against the wall.

"Oh!," Mi-Cha cooed. "Hyunji has Haechan's sweatshirt. You guys are goals!"

I glanced in Haechan's direction just as he was glancing away. My hands awkwardly fell out of the pocket and to my sides.

Jaemin immediately pulled his sweatshirt over his head, tossing it to Mi-Cha. "We're goals too!"

"Uh," I gave a pathetic cough. "Can we go to bed? I'm exhausted and we have a big party to attend tomorrow."

"But we were just about to play truth or dare," Jueun whined, sitting up from her laying down position that rested against Hana's leg.

"Heh, remember what truth or dare got us into last time?" I tried to convince them.

Everyone gave me a blank look. I let out a small sigh. "Fine. We can play a couple rounds."

Jueun was the one to start. It went around to a couple people, but I was too distracted to pay attention. Haechan stayed against the wall staring at the screen of his phone instead of participating. He never even glanced up.

"Truth," Johnny answered Mark.

"How come you were here so early?" Mark asked. "Usually you're the last one to arrive."

Johnny's stare shifted from me, then back to Mark, who seemed confused as to why he looked in my direction.

"He spent the night last night," Jisung answered for Johnny.

"Oh." Mark nodded. "How come Ten isn't here?"

Johnny bit his lip, removing his eye contact with Mark and to the carpet. "I'm not with Ten anymore..."

The hallway was silent for the first time since I came up the stairs. My gaze drifted down to the floor as well.

"I see why you spent the night with Jisung now. It's always better to be with someone after a break-up," Mi-Cha put in.

"He didn't spend the night with me." Jisung shook his head. I shot him a serious and stone cold face, but he didn't get my hint. "He spent the night with Hyunji."

"You little-" I jumped to my feet, starting toward Jisung.

He backed up, bumping into Haechan's legs. His hands went up defensively. "Hyunji, chill!"

"What's going on?" Jueun asked in a stern tone. "Why was Johnny spending the night with Hyunji, why is he no longer with Ten, and why is Hyunji so defensive about it? And why weren't we told in the first place."

Haechan also rose to his feet. "Hyunji was right, we should go to bed."

The tension in the air started to make me sweat with all sorts of mixed emotions. I yanked off Haechan's sweatshirt, thrusting it in his direction. Haechan carefully took it from my grasp, then I retreated to my bedroom.

Mi-Cha, Jueun, and Hana all followed me in, Mi-Cha closing the door behind her.

"Hyunji, tell us what's happening," Jueun demanded.

"It's not what you think!" I shouted. "Johnny caught Ten cheating on him with some guy named Taefong... Tae-... whatever, and Johnny was devastated by it. He came to my house late at night just to talk it out with someone. Everyone else in the house was asleep."

"Why didn't he come to me?" Jueun questioned, seeming disappointed.

"He said my house was closer, and he didn't think... you would be the most comforting at the moment," I finished with a whisper. "We watched some TV to help him feel better, and we both accidentally fell asleep. That's it."

"There's nothing bad about that," Hana stated.

"Exactly," I exhaled sharply. "But Haechan can't seem to take it the way it is. He won't believe me when I say it was just an accident. JOHNNY'S GAY, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!"

"Just give him time," Mi-Cha told me in a soothing voice. She came closer and rubbed my back in small circles, comfortingly. "He'll come around and see the truth."

Jisung's P.O.V

Haechan stomped his way towards my room. All us guys followed him that way.

"I'm confused," Chenle admitted. "Johnny spent the night with Hyunji?"

"Yeah," Haechan grumbled.

"But... Ten?"

"Ten cheated on Johnny," I informed them.

"I saw him kissing another guy..." Johnny added, hurt in his words.

"So, you go off and get all comfy with a girl that's already in a relationship?" Haechan huffed. "Seems like you're just as bad." He angrily stuffed his sweatshirt that Hyunji pushed towards him into his bag.

"Yah!" Johnny stepped towards Haechan, forcefully turning him in his direction. "You think I would do something like that?"

"Think? I don't have to think you did something like that. Look at the evidence."

Johnny's brow furrowed in rage. "Where's your right mind? I'm your friend. I wouldn't do something so disrespectfully to you, or Hyunji."

Haechan pushed passed Johnny, bumping his shoulder with his own.

"Guys, calm down," Renjun told them. His face was hardened into a worried stare. I stood there blankly, too shocked to know what to do.

"I'm going to bed," Haechan declared. "The rest of you should too."

"I think that's a good idea," Mark put in. "We all need time to cool off." He sent stern glances in Johnny and Haechan's directions.

~ ~ ~

(A/N): THINGS ARE GETTING INTENSE BETWEEN JOHNNY, HAECHAN, AND HYUNJI! I wonder how it'll work out... or if it will at all...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro