• 01 •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

If anything Annika had wanted at this moment, it would be peace. It was aggravating to see the same old message from the same person with a different number approach her. Hadn't they gotten the clue that she wasn't inquisitive about being asked for the same question yet and again. Frustrated, she threw her phone with force on the couch. The bed dipped inside as she laid down flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling and the fan that went round and round in circles.

Her eyes shifted to the falling snow outside, it was a sight to see. The way the soft white balls of ice fell on the roof, sliding down slowly, Annika had wanted to reach out and catch the snow in her hands but then, opening the window will have other loads of complications and at this moment, she wanted some peace of mind. Nothing more, nothing less. Releasing a sigh, she sat up, the phone continued to ping, a deep crease forming in between her eyebrows.

"Annika, open the door" The voice from the other side of the door reached her ears. Rolling over to the other side of the bed, Annika laid on her stomach, sighing, she shouted "The door is open Gauri, come in" And at that Gauri was standing inside the room in seconds. A worried expression plastered on her face. Gauri fiddled with her fingers and confusingly looked around.

"What? Are you gonna stand there awakardly and say nothing?" Gauri gave her one nervous smile before sitting down next to her, Annika watched her with narrowed eyes, there was something that was going on inside her head, but what? Gauri cleared her throat, running her hands through her hair before turning around to come across Annika's captivating gaze.

"Is there something you want to tell me? Or get lost" Annika was up, sitting crossed leg beside Gauri who was now nervously chuckling. Annika's impatience was growing, she felt like pulling her hair out if Gauri did not start to speak any moment. "Right, you don't have anything to say, get out" Annika watched her frown, she bit down at her bottom lip and sucked in a long breath.

"Ithinkwehavelostthecontract" Annika couldn't understand a word, she raised her eyebrows at Gauri who had her eyes close shut and taking a sneak peek through the little opening of her left eye. But knowing that she had not understood a word, Gauri gulped down before turning around to talk again.

"I guess we lost the contract" Annika looked stunned, her eyes were widened, thousands of thoughts rummaging through her head at the same time. All her money, time, hard work went to the drain? Annika rubbed her face with both of her habds, she was beyond exhausted to even think about it anymore. Gauri waited for the moment to arrive where she was going to blast like a firecracker, any second. But it never came, maybe it was the calm before the storm but nothing less, she was scared to be around Annika.

Gauri bit her finger nail, anticipating on the thought whether she should open her mouth and console her or just walk straight out and face her wrath afterwards. But then, she stayed, she always did. Gauri wasn't the one to leave Annika alone on times like this. She heard a sniffle from beside her and she found Annika wiping the corner of her eye.

"Hey, don't cry. Please" Gauri was concerned, seeing Annika cry was a rare thing, she cried barely and it was not the first time when he had lost a contract, it had happened several other times but right now, Annika was sniffling. Gauri kept assuring hand on her shoulder, it was hard for her to say consoling words, she was never the one to be experienced, never put in a situation like this.

"It's alright, really. There are so many more contracts to come. Cheer up. Let's go out and explore, afterall it's our first time being here in London" Gauri tried to assure her but now when the room was in complete silence, she feared that Annika was going to burst into tears again. After some seconds, she found her wiping her tears off with the sleeve of her grey sweater.

Annika gave her a small smile. She sighed, there was no use of crying. So, she nodded her head at Gauri, she needed to be distracted and going out, might just help. "Great, I will get ready then, will see you outside in an hour" With that Gauri was up on her feet, leaving behind Annika alone in the room.

━━━━━━━━

With layers of clothes worn, Annika was still feeling a bit cold, the snow continued to fall at her shoulder and head, it was like she was in a dream. It was a long dream of her's to visit London, walk down the steet when the snow would be falling but she was, with a disheartened feeling. The only thing brought her here was that single piece of contract, she wouldn't say she did not work harder, she did and that is why she was able to bag that contract.

Gauri dusted the snow off her shoulders as she continued to walk beside Annika, they had no destination, they kept walking where the road lead them to and Gauri had known Annika wasn't feeling well either. "It's great that no one recognises you here" Gauri muttered and Annika was glad to know that none was approaching her because they would have, the question about her being in a new movie was to be asked.

If some days ago someone would have told her that she was going to lose the contract, she would have laughed. But right now, standing on the street of London, she sure knew that not everything goes the way you imagined. And wining and losing are the part of life. So Annika smiled, she believed in living in the moment rather than sulking over the things that went the wrong way.

Gauri breathed in relief when she met with a smiling face of Annika. A trait of Annika that Gauri always found to be heart warming, she smiled no matter what. As she watched Annika taking her phone out and clicking the picture of the surrounding, Gauri peeked in to see what exactly she was doing.

"If you are curious, I am clicking these pictures so that I could upload them on my instagram" Annika announced, taking a view of her surrounding before getting back on clicking pictures again. Once she was done, she shoved the phone back in her pocket. London was indeed breath taking and she was all set to explore it today and tomorrow.

Gauri and Annika walked down the street, coming across many shops and restaurants which were filled with people. The cold breeze hitting their faces, Annika had dreamed about walking on the street of London many times and it came true today. Dreams do come true. Gauri nudged Annika by her elbow, pointing towards the carnival some distance away.

With a small, mischievous smile forming on her face, Annika grabbed Gauri's wrist and dragging her towards the direction from where they could see the giant wheel spinning, it excited Annika even more. "God no, I am not coming with you. I am your manager and your best friend, and you listen to your best friend" Gauri tried to stop Annika but seeing her not even glance back at her, she shook her head.

"No, Annika. Please, let's just go somewhere else"

"Where's the fun in that? Just look at that Giant wheel, looks so magnificent" Gauri sighed, there was no point of convincing her because once she makes up her mind, she doesn't even gives a second thought about it. Annika continued to drag Gauri on her way, ignoring the numerous stares by the people and Gauri gave them all a nervous smile.

"Oh my god, you are Annika Malhotra, aren't you?" An unknown voice startled her and Annika had to stop in her track, looking at the owner of the voice. Gauri's eyes widened, a person recognised her, so was that their cue to leave? They had told the security guards to follow them. "Shush, keep it low" Gauri slowly said and the girl blinked her eyes before nodding her head.

"Can I get your autograph?" Annika sucked her breath in, she couldn't believe that she bless being asked for a autograph in a different country, where she wasn't known. Annika nodded her head and took the diary of her's in her hand, signing and giving it back to her.

Annika watched her smile widely, her heart warmed at the sight. She was out of Annika's sight in seconds but not before saying a Thankyou to. Gauri ran her fingers through her hair, contemplating whether to let her take both of them to the carnival or she could blackmail her into taking back to the hotel room.

But Annika didn't mind at all being recognized as she yet again started to walk and Gauri had to follow her, she couldn't leave her alone. "Loosen up a bit, I am pretty sure we are going to have fun tonight" With that, Annika smiled and dragged Gauri with her.

"What am I going to do with you?"

━━━━━━━━

This is the first chapter, hope that you guys liked it.

P.S - And the names of the chapters are going to be named after different colours.

Don't expect me to update for next two weeks, okay bye 🙈

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro