Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jimin's POV

I watched as Taehyung ran his hand through his long, messy brunette hair in front of a broken mirror.

"Did you break it?" I asked while standing up to stretch my legs.

Taehyung looked at me, then around the room, trying to figure out what object that was broken that I was referring to.

"The mirror." I hummed while making eye contact with him.

"Oh." He gasped while looking back at the mirror.

"No. There were others in this cell before me. I presume they were quite violent." Taehyung responded.

Does that mean Taehyung isn't very violent?

There was a buzzing sound in the hallway, followed by the cell door mechanically opening as it must have been on a timer.

"Great food time. Come on short stuff." Taehyung teased while walking in front of me, leaving the cell.

My hand balled up in a fist, but I followed behind Taehyung.

My heart rate increased, seeing prisoners from other cells leaving their cells.

I'm among prisoners that have done many unthinkable things.

I silently followed Taehyung who for some reason grabbed me and him a tray before lining up to get food.

Maybe he didn't want to watch me getting confused with how the system works?

Other inmates' clothes smelt rotten, their bodies seeming unclean with cuts, scrapes and dirt.

Sloppy potato and steak in a brownie green stew got spooned onto my tray by men in white clothes that were behind glass.

I scrunched up my nose but took it, following Taehyung because it won't get much better than this.

"Aye stud, you're back!?" I heard a voice call.

And of course Taehyung was the one to respond.

"Couldn't leave you again that quickly cunt." He laughed while walking over to a male who appeared to be younger than us.

What does he mean by leaving him again? Has Taehyung offended before?

Taehyung sat down before looking over at me.

"Oh right, ah this is, wait what's your name again?" Taehyung muttered.

"Jimin." I answered.

"This is Jimin, he's my roommate." Taehyung told the other male.

"Dude you can have a seat with us, you don't have to be shy." The male with Taehyung hummed.

I took a seat on an old looking metal bench beside Taehyung that was strapped down to the ground with a metal chain.

The other male sat opposite us.

"So what are you here for?" The younger male asked while eating a spoonful of potato.

"I wouldn't ask him that question, it didn't get me very far." Taehyung hummed while my eyes scanned around the room, two guards watching everyone eating.

There were many older males at other tables, and bigger men with more muscles showing through their ripped prison rags.

"Wait why, are you a pussy or it's too fresh to talk about?" The male gasped.

"A bit of both and my trial outcome hasn't been concluded so I'd rather not speak of the crime for now." I replied.

"Wait, you have access to the outside world!?" The male across from us gasped.

"Okay look, if you get out of this darn place, you needa try to re-appeal Taehyung and I's cases. That's Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook's cases. You understand?" The younger male muttered.

His deep brown eyes stared at me without a twitch of his gaze.

Maybe he's been here for a long time?

"Jungkook, it's not the time for that." Taehyung muttered while circling his spoon through his food.

"And why isn't it? You may see him constantly for days and I may not." Jungkook responded.

"Yeah well how do you think you are going to get out of money laundering?" Taehyung asked while raising an eyebrow at Jungkook.

"Money laundering isn't that bad. I shouldn't have a long sentence." Jungkook whined.

"Okay, and what about the person you killed so you could keep money laundering without being found out by anyone else for 2 more months?" Taehyung asked.

I almost choked on some steak.

This younger looking male killed someone!?

There are murderers among me!?

Why is Taehyung okay with this? Could he be a killer?

"Oh boo hoo, he shouldn't have caught me if he wanted to live." Jungkook whined.

"That's extremely insensitive." Taehyung remarked.

"Well it's true. Plus I killed him for my protection to keep getting money." Jungkook snickered.

"Yes but you were getting money illegally, therefore if you used that in an appeal, you'd still be found guilty. You weren't pushed for any proper reasons and we have no alibis, nor defence to use to get us out. Therefore what use would an appeal do?" Taehyung questioned.

"Maybe a not as long sentence?" Jungkook suggested.

"If we were lucky, but we'd need a brilliant lawyer for that and we wouldn't have the money for that." Taehyung commented.

I silently listened to the conversation while eating some more of the stew with the steak.

It looked disgusting, but it didn't taste too bad, especially not too bad considering it is prison food.

"How long have you both been in here?" I asked curiously, thinking about Jungkook's wishes for a shorter sentence.

Both males' eyes landed on me.

"About 3 years for the both of us." Taehyung replied.

"About 2 and a half for me. I think Taehyung has become more accepting of life here because he's been here longer." Jungkook commented.

I nodded.

"How long are your sentences?" I asked while looking at them.

"10 years." Taehyung replied, looking down at his food.

"9 years." Jungkook answered while sighing.

"You got a 10 year sentence?" I gasped while looking at Taehyung.

He nodded silently.

"The worst part is we get no remission, but even though we will get parole, we likely won't get it on the first try or the second try. I could be here for so long before they finally let me back out in the world." Taehyung stated.

My heart sank hearing his words. But if he behaves he may be fine? Though I've seen the way he treats officers already so he doesn't have much luck.

But could this happen to me if I'm found guilty? Could I struggle also to leave jail?

Who'd be keen on letting a 'child molester' back into society?

"At least we aren't on death row." Jungkook chimed.

"I was close to being on it. Maybe I would have rather died than be here for possibly 18 years." Taehyung hummed.

"Yah don't say that very loud or you will be monitored by bosses and mental health advocates." Jungkook snapped.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, eating more food.

Is this why Taehyung wants a roommate?

Not only for having someone else as company, but so he is less likely to be tempted to do something stupid?

To stop him from going insane...

But what could he have done to require life imprisonment and almost being on death row (sentenced to death)?

Thoughts? What do you think Taehyung's there for? And do you think Jimin is there with Taehyung to just keep him company and from going insane, or do you think there might be more too it? ;)

Also someone please tell me why I brought hot, sexy black dresses that I don't have anywhere to wear them too... Yal wanna see them?

Feel free too comment, vote and add this book too your library.

Till next chapter, stay safe, keep warm and healthy yal... Byeeee.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro