[001] lonely beauty

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[001] lonely beauty

Alice Kim had everything going for her.

Having parents who created one of the top fashion magazines in the world, Alice was guaranteed to have a pretty luxurious life. And she did. From the day she was born, Alice was showered in money and wealth. She never stepped out of the house without wearing designer clothes and she was always on top of trends, thanks to her family's magazine. She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, getting everything she asked for from toys as a little girl to shoes and clothes when she was older. She even had her own personal driver. All she had to do was lift a finger and she'd get everything she could ask for.

Sure, the Kim family had already come from money on Alice's father's side. But when they started the magazine ten years before Alice was even born, that was when it had really taken off.

Moderne was bigger than fucking Vogue, covering topics from fashion to even politics. It was a groundbreaking, iconic magazine and because of it, Alice and her family were absolutely famous. Her mom was the editor-in-chief and her dad helped out as well, but Marlo Kim was really the woman in control. The magazine helped the Kim's to be one of the most powerful and influential families out there. You wanted to be on their good side and with one word, they could absolutely destroy you. Fashion trends could be over within minutes, companies and businesses could be shut down, even people's reputations and livelihoods could be destroyed.

So it was no surprise that lots of people tried to be friends with Alice.

Ever since Alice started school, she had lots of people flocking to her. Everyone wanted to be friends with Alice Kim, all due to her family and the famous magazine they had. Being friends with Alice gave them more power and privileges that they wouldn't be able to get anywhere else. Alice had to learn from a young age that they were no such thing as sincere friendships. Everyone was using everyone for something, and Alice had to learn that early on if she was ever going to survive this cutthroat world of money and success.

And if that meant being a bitch, then so be it.

Everyone at her school knew Alice to be a gigantic bitch. One who had only a small circle of really close friends (and even then, Alice couldn't call them true friends) and seemed to love dating various guys. Whenever she was bored with one guy, she moved on to another one before the cycle repeated itself. It wasn't as though any of them could offer her money and they definitely couldn't offer her the genuine love she secretly wanted. After all, rich boys didn't have hearts. But they were fun for a little while and really, Alice could use them for attention and sex.

If guys could do it, Alice could easily do the same.

But when it came to her current relationship with Andrew King, that was a different story entirely. That was because her parents and his had arranged the entire thing like they were back in the stone ages or something. The King family were also very rich, although they weren't on the same level as Alice's family obviously. Still, dating Andrew was a good look for Alice. He was set to become a politician one day (Alice wondered how long that dream would last) and plus, Andrew and Alice looked absolutely beautiful together. Without much of a choice in the matter, Alice was now dating Andrew. He wasn't a terrible guy and she liked him when he wasn't acting like a dick most of the time.

However, that didn't mean Alice would lie down and take the forced relationship.

As far as appearances went, she and Andrew were dating. But Alice wasn't about to stay underneath her obnoxious fake boyfriend's thumb. She still did whatever she wanted to do, flirting with other guys behind his back. It wasn't as though Andrew was innocent either. Alice knew, for a fact, that he was seeing other girls. But he wasn't stupid enough to get caught. Dating Alice Kim was probably the best thing to happen to him and he wouldn't let her go for anything.

So it was no surprise that Alice would be attending one of Andrew's many parties. With his parents gone on some sort of vacation (they were often gone, leaving Andrew alone to do whatever he wanted), the King mansion was his to have fun in. And not wanting to be alone, he invited his girlfriend and his friends. 

Alice loved to party, don't get her wrong. She was the first girl to get drunk and she wasn't necessarily shy around drugs either. The worst she had ever done was cocaine but that was only a couple of times. Alice wasn't an addict or anything. But tonight, Alice wasn't really in the mood. Maybe it was the fact that Andrew had kept her glued to her side for most of the night, keeping an arm wrapped around her waist like it was her belt. Andrew liked winning things and he felt as though he had won Alice, keeping her around like some sort of trophy.

That pissed Alice off the most.

"Oh my God, the two of you are so cute," Nicole Suri, one of Alice's friends, gushed as she looked over at Alice who sat directly on Andrew's lap.

Iris Ravenwood and Davina Barclay, two of Alice's other friends, nodded in unison. All of them were seated in the living room, occupying the stylish white sofas while the party continued around them. The hum of conversation mixed with the bass from the speakers was enough to make the party feel lively.

"Yeah, I can hardly keep him off of me," Alice replied.

"Maybe that's because you're so fucking hot," Andrew replies.

"Aren't you cute," Alice responds berore kissing him. The two of them had been dating for a month now. During that time, they had slept together and everything. Just because they were fake dating didn't mean they couldn't sleep together for real.

"Okay, maybe cut down on the PDA please. Not all of us are in a relationship and seeing the two of you together is actually a little gross," Iris remarked.

"Speak for yourself. Vincent and I are officially nearing three months together and it's been nothing but pure bliss," Davina smiled.

Alice knows it'd be cruel of her to break Davina's precious bubble. Vincent French was not the kind of guy to settle down, even if he pretended for Davina's sake. How did Alice know? The two of them had hooked up in the back of his family's limo just last month. 

"How am I still the odd one out?" Iris frowned.

"You're way too damn picky," Andrew pointed out.

Iris scoffs. "Can you blame me? Most of the guys that go to our school have the IQ of a boot."

"So you're going to be the Virgin Queen forever?" Andrew raised a brow.

"Fuck off, Andrew," Iris shot back.

Alice groans, feeling more bored than ever, and she quickly removes Andrew's hand off of of her before beginning to make her escape towards the kitchen. If she was ever going to have fun at this party, she needed to get drunk first. Of course, Andrew trailed behind Alice like a lost puppy. A puppy that Alice wouldn't mind kicking.

"Hey, where are you going?" Andrew asked.

"I'm trying to find some booze. I am allowed to do that, aren't I?" Alice rolled her eyes. She hated having to ask permission to do anything. And yet that's exactly what was happening here.

"Of course you are," Andrew relented.

"Thanks, baby," Alice responded.

And with that, Alice made her escape. On her way to the kitchen where there was more alcohol - she bumped shoulders with someone. Alice turned around to see who it was, only to find that it was a somewhat familiar face.

Alice had heard of Roman Roy. Her father was friends with Roman's dad. Basically, all of the Roy's were pretty famous because of their father, Logan Roy, and the media company he ran. Logan controlled the media and there was nothing more powerful than that. The thing is, Roman Roy was basically a gigantic loser who had bounced from boarding school to boarding school due to his behavioral issues. He didn't have any friends and now that he had come back from military school (the reason he had gone there was mysterious and the reason he had come back was even more mysterious), Roman was pretty much on his own.

With the exception of Andrew King.

Maybe it was because their families knew each other, but Andrew and Roman hung out together sometimes. Roman's still convinced that his dad was paying Andrew to do it. He was one of the few people Roman didn't annoy, but Roman didn't care for Andrew that much. In fact, Andrew was fucking annoying. But he was Roman's only connection to other people and Roman didn't want to stay locked up in the house all day. He needed people to be around and to bother so that's the only reason why he was even at this party.

Besides Andrew dragged Roman out of the house. According to Andrew, Roman needed to man up and find a chick who'd want to sleep with him. But once Roman arrived at the party, all he found was the snacks. No one really paid him any mind, either hanging out with their friends or getting high or hooking up. Roman wasn't necessarily a wallflower but sometimes, he'd stand off to the side and observe the people around him. He liked to think he was good at reading people, and he made it a hobby of his.

He hadn't even noticed her so Alice just kept moving, determined to accomplish her mission of getting drunk. Roman kept walking ahead until he reached Andrew who stepped away from his two buddies, Preston Vaughn and Vincent French, to greet Roman. He nearly tackles Roman with a hug and Roman has to fight his way out of his grasp.

"Roman, you made it!" Andrew explained.

"Yeah, you threatened to chop my dick off if I didn't," Roman states.

"I'm glad you took me seriously. Hey, if you want me to help you by being your wingman, I'd be happy to," Andrew offered.

"I'd rather overdose on your mom's special meds," Roman retorted.

Andrew nudges him a little too roughly in the ribs, causing Roman to groan. "Ha, aren't you a fucking funny guy?"

"I try," Roman grimaced.

"Look, what about her?" Andrew pointed out.

Roman follows Andrew's gaze before scoffing. "Iris Ravenwood? No fucking way."

"C'mon, she's a virgin and so are you. You two can break each other's cherries," Andrew stated. "Now that you're out of military school, it's the perfect opportunity."

While most of Roman's peers were already sleeping around, Roman was the odd guy out. The most he had ever done was masturbate. He had even done it at military school which was a little thrilling. The fear of getting caught got him going. Roman had complicated feelings about sex and nothing conventional seemed to excite him. The only time he grew aroused was when someone was being mean to him. And not just in a bitchy, catty way. In a full in violent, degrading way. Roman had gotten hard one time when one of his tutors berated him for being such an idiot.

He knew that wasn't normal. And that was why Roman didn't engage in sex with other girls. Sure, he could make a lot of jokes about it but Roman didn't think he'd ever actually... do it.

"She hates me," Roman reminds him.

"Everyone does. I hear hate sex is the best kind, pal. Now go over there and charm Iris out of her panties," Andrew advised.

Before Roman could even protest, Andrew roughly patted Roman on the shoulder and left to go back with his buddies. Roman was left on his own with Iris standing across the room. Roman takes a deep breath before confidently strolling towards Iris. Even if he felt like shitting his pants, he'd act like he was on top of the world.

"Hey," Roman greeted.

"Hey," Iris reluctantly responded back.

"I like your dress. Leaves little to the imagination," Roman commented. 

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Iris narrowed her eyes.

"Nothing," Roman quickly responds, "It's just... you look nice. You have a, uh, very nice figure."

"And you look like a little alter boy," Iris replied. "Don't tell me you still put gel in your hair too. Gross."

"If you keep insulting me like this, I'm going to assume you want to fuck me," Roman teased.

Iris scoffs out of pure disgust before storming away, causing Roman to awkwardly stand on his own. Few people understood Roman's perverted humor except for his siblings. And then there was Andrew but that's just because he was what his sister, Shiv, called a misogynistic pig. Whatever the fuck that meant.

Feeling bored, Roman wandered around the party. He wasn't looking for anything or anyone in particular. Roman even grabbed one of the red cups lying around, nearly gagging after he tasted what was inside. But still, Roman drank more of it since he was just a sucker for punishment. Eventually, Roman wandered out back where no one else was. The noise from the party grew faint as Roman walked further away.

But as Roman would quickly discover, he was not alone. He saw another girl just up ahead. But when he moved closer, he realized that it wasn't just any girl. It was Alice Kim, alpha bitch and one of the most gorgeous girls Roman had ever laid eyes on. She was every guy's wet dream and every girl's worst nightmare. Roman had heard a little bit about the Kim family and their highly famous magazine. But he had heard even more about Alice, the gorgeous girl with supermodel looks and one hell of a body count.

Roman doesn't see the alpha bitch in her glory though. He sees a lonely beauty who was chugging vodka down like it was water. It was almost impressive. Feeling drawn to her, Roman decides to approach her rather than head back to the party and face his failures as a player. He'd creep up on her unexpectedly, taking Alice by surprise.

"You know, if you keep drinking all of that vodka like its water, you're gonna end up looking like shit when you're older," Roman pointed out.

Alice smiles sweetly but it's sweet like poison rather than candy. "Fuck off."

"That's a pretty smile. If you're lucky, all of the Botox you get in the future will help your face get permanently stuck like that," Roman adds.

The mental image is enough to make Alice laugh. It was the first time she had done that all night and for the first time in a long while, it made Roman feel all... special.

"What the fuck are you doing here anyways?" Alice questioned.

"Andrew dragged me here. He's your boyfriend, right?" Roman asks, although he already knows the answer.

Andrew had bragged to Roman constantly about bagging Alice. He claimed his charm had won her but Roman had a hard time believing it. Then again, douchebags like Andrew always seemed to get the girl.

"I guess you could say that," Alice shrugs before taking another large swig from the bottle.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise?" Roman asked.

"In order for there to be trouble in paradise, the relationship would have to be a paradise to begin with. It's all bullshit," Alice shakes her head.

"So why are you with him?" Roman questioned. "You strike me as the kind of girl who does whatever and whoever the fuck she wants."

Alice scoffs. "Why do you care?"

"I have nothing better to do," Roman admits with a shrug.

That earns Roman another laugh from Alice before she hits him with a question of her own. "Why'd you go off to military school?"

"Dunno," Roman lies but Alice sees right through him.

"You are so full of shit," Alice scoffed.

"Jesus, fuck, I get it. I won't ask you any more personal questions as long as you don't ask me any," Roman gave in.

"Good boy," Alice smiled.

That makes Roman's heart skip a beat.

"Why are you here, by the way? I thought you had no friends and everything," Alice asked a moment later, allowing her curiosity to get the better of her.

"Your boyfriend invited me. We're friends... sort of. I'm convinced my dad paid him just to spend time with me," Roman shrugged. 

"You can't make a friend on your own?"

"Apparently not. I'm too... dangerous or something."

"Dangerous?"

"I always tell the truth and not a lot of people want to hear the truth. Especially about themselves."

"What's my truth then?"

"I thought we weren't doing personal questions."

"Maybe if you entertain me a little, I might change my mind. Come on, read me if you're so good at it."

Roman narrowed his eyes at her. "Alright, you're obviously very bored. You absolutely hate your fucking life, along with your friends and your boyfriend. And you want some excitement in your life and that's where I come in."

"Who says you're exciting?"

"Uh, me. I'm exciting as hell and I'm hot as fuck. Lots of girls want to fuck me," Roman argued.

Alice snorts. "Yeah, right."

"I'm practically a young Han Solo. Not even you can resist me," Roman continued.

"You're so delusional," Alice giggled, now beginning to walk away from him.

"So you're just gonna deny the obvious sexual attraction between us?" Roman asks, feigning offense.

"Goodbye, Roman Roy," Alice waves at him before walking back towards thr party.

"Goodbye, Alice Kim," Roman responded back.

Although he'd end up getting ditched for a second time, Roman felt a little better. He had a real conversation with Alice Kim. Maybe he was a little delusional but this was the first genuine conversation he had had in a long time. Roman liked Alice, precisely because she was mean and bitchy and also very pretty.

Roman hoped they could see each other again, even if it just consisted of Alice bullying him. He'd be more than willing to take it.

( 💊💔💄 )

word count: 3102
notes: here's the first official chapter! i'm so happy i finally finished this and i hope you enjoy roman just being an absolute loser next to alice's total bitchiness

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro