[006] stupid brat

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[006] stupid brat

As expected, Alice got in trouble for skipping out on the date with Andrew.

She had been hurled the usual insults - although stupid brat was one that her father seemed to love. Alice did her best to try and remain strong. She tried to hold her icy composure and make her parents' words bounce off of her skin. But the moment that Alice is alone in her room, she bursts into a fit of angry tears.

Not only did Alice have to apologize to Andrew but she was expected to make up the date she had skipped out on. Those were the last two things that Alice wanted. But it was either swallow her pride and go through it. Or basically have her parents continuing to pressure her until she finally broke.

Neither choice sounded good. But Alice knew what she had to do.

"What happened to you? Why weren't you there last night? I was so embarrassed, sitting there all by myself at that table. I looked like a real idiot," Andrew questioned.

Alice sighs, glancing out the window as she pressed the phone to her ear. "I ended up feeling really sick. I know I should've called but I fell asleep and... I'm really sorry, Andrew. Can we make it back up?"

"Of course we can. You don't need to worry about that. All you should focus on is looking hot and playing your part," Andrew replied.

"No problem, baby. I can do that for you," Alice responds, digging her nails into her palm just so she could stop herself from saying something nasty to Andrew that she'd probably regret later.

"In fact, I'm thinking that we should do a double date. I'm trying to hook Roman up with a girl. Vincent's sister. Roman may be a loser, but Talia will fuck anyone. She's even more shameless than you are," Andrew suggested.

"Wow, thanks," Alice scoffs.

"Do you think it's a good idea?" Andrew persists, not caring that he hurt her feelings in the slightest.

"Uh, yeah, it's a great idea. Maybe it'll turn out well," Alice replied, although she wasn't quite convinced.

She just had a feeling that it would be a total disaster. Roman wouldn't be able to handle Talia. And then Alice would have a front row seat to the shit show. But Andrew wanted to help out his best pal and nothing Alice could say would stop him. Besides, as far as he knew, Alice and Roman were strangers. It'd look pretty weird for her to suddenly defend him. Maybe Roman might turn down the whole date idea altogether so she had nothing to worry about.

"You're right. I'll call him now and see what he says," Andrew responds, sounding pleased with himself. "See you later?"

"See you later," is all Alice says before hanging up on him. There was no goodbye, no I love you. It's not like they had a crowd full of people to impress. There was no need to fake it when it was just the two of them. Now that Alice had gotten that out of the way, she decided to call the one person she swore that she'd never go back to.

Alice needed help to quit her bad habits.

Calling Vincent, he immediately asked her to go out with him. And Alice agrees, sneaking out to go and meet him at his house. Which she does without hesitation. His parents weren't home, and neither was his sister. So he pretty much had the house to himself. And naturally, Alice couldn't stand the idea of being alone. So if that meant being with Vincent, so be it. 

"Yeah, I heard about you blowing Andrew off. He was pretty pissed about it," Vincent replied, lounging on his bed while Alice climbed into bed so she could sit next to him. 

Alice chuckled. "Ugh, he's still complaining about that?"

"You know how he is. What did you do anyway?" Vincent questioned.

"I wasn't feeling up for it. I felt a little sick actually," Alice shakes her head, causing Vincent to scoff. "What?"

"You never get sick. What's the real reason? Were you seeing someone?" Vincent inquired.

Alice raised a brow. "Why do you care? You're not my boyfriend, remember?"

"Even if I was, I doubt you'd give me the answer. I thought we were a little closer than that but damn, I know my place," Vincent frowns, clutching onto his chest while pretending to be in agony from Alice's deep betrayal.

"Aw, are you upset?" Alice pouts, pretending to feel sorry for him.

"A little, are you gonna find a way to make me feel better?" Vincent smirked, moving closer to where Alice lied down. But she puts a hand over his mouth, gently pushing him back down so he could lie down onto the bed.

"Where does Davina think you are?" Alice suddenly questioned.

Vincent shrugs. "Bible study."

At that, Alice chuckles. "You don't strike me as the church type."

"My family is. Ever since my sister went wild and decided sleeping with anything that has a pulse, they've gotten even stricter than before," Vincent admits with a shrug.

"I guess being a whore runs in the family. You and Talia are both sluts. The only difference is that you get praised for it by your friends while Talia gets punished by the whole school," Alice pointed out.

"I figured you would understand. You and Talia have a lot in common. The both of you are notorious around school for a reason," Vincent remarked.

Alice punches his arm. "Fuck you."

"I personally don't care. In fact, I prefer a girl with experience. Davina's a sweet girl but she doesn't know what she's going," Vincent assures her, as though his words should make Alice feel better. But they really don't.

"She's innocent," is all Alice says as Vincent moves closer to where she lied beside him.

Alice wasn't making fun of Davina, even if Vincent seemed to think so. Alice was actually jealous of her. She still had her innocence while Alice's had been stolen from her. As much as she wanted it back, Alice knew it was impossible. She'd be tainted for the rest of her life.

"Not you though," Vincent says, now beginning to kiss her neck. "You're all rotten and messed up inside. Just like me."

Alice doesn't really know what to say so she doesn't say anything at all. She just lets him kiss her, deciding to let Vincent do whatever he wanted with her. Alice needed the distraction, she just wanted to be able to forget even if it was for a moment. Seeing as she couldn't afford to do drugs right now, Alice had to find a way to self-medicate in her own way. And if that meant constantly having to sleep around, then so be it.

( 💊💔💄 )

Roman couldn't stop thinking about Alice.

He really didn't know why he was thinking about her so much. And truth be told, it was driving him crazy. Nothing like this had ever happened to Roman before. Maybe it was because she was probably the first girl to be nice to him. And she was hot as hell. Roman was a little ashamed to admit that he had jerked off to the thought of her a while before. And he wondered if that was what having a crush was like.

The thought troubled him so that the usual troublemaking boy was in his own bedroom, lost in his own thoughts. But despite wanting to be alone, it seemed as though Catherine had other plans. She barges into his room, giggling as she holds onto the door and peeks behind it.

"You're not jacking off, are you? I can smell the desperation and the jizz from a mile away," Catherine teased as she looked over at Roman.

"How do you know what that smells like?" Roman challenged. "That's very suspicious, sis."

"Shut up, asshole," Catherine scoffed, walking into his bedroom. "What are you doing in here anyway? The rest of us are getting ready to practice our very special play for Dad. We're doing Julius Caesar. But no one else wants to play Caesar so it has to be you."

Sometimes, the Roy siblings would put on plays to have fun. It wasn't as though they could have fun together like normal siblings, everything had to be elaborate. None of them could do normal even if they wanted to. With that being said, Roman actually had fun. It was a nice change from being stuffed into a cage and being made to eat out of a dog bowl. That, back then, had been real entertainment for his siblings.

Roman was glad that it had changed to plays.

"Why does it have to be me? I basically die in the beginning," Roman whines.

"Because you're a shitty actor anyway so it makes sense," Catherine shrugged, causing Roman to throw a pillow at her. "You throw like a little bitch."

"Whatever. I'll be down there in a little while," Roman says dismissively, shaking his head. And instantly, Catherine can sense that something's wrong with her brother.

"What's the matter with you? You look like you've been thinking a lot which is dangerous. You hardly ever use your brain, Rome. Be careful... you might end up making your brain explode if you do any more," Catherine remarked, picking up the pillow he had thrown at her and sitting on the bed with him now.

"Nothing's wrong with me," Roman argues but Catherine doesn't believe him for obvious reasons.

"Liar. You're thinking about something. Or perhaps... someone," Catherine smirks, playfully waggling her brows.

"W-what?" Roman questioned.

"W-what?" Catherine mocks him before laughing, "Come on, you should see the look on your face. I was right!"

"Okay, what if I was? You won't even be able to guess who it was," Roman shrugged, folding his arms across his chest stubbornly.

"It's probably Talia French, isn't it? Every guy in school has a crush on her. Well, her and Alice Kim. But Alice is dating your friend so it has to be her. Huh? Am I right?" Catherine guessed.

"Well...," Roman trails off, not necessarily confirming or denying her claim. But Catherine just assumed that she was right in typical Catherine Roy fashion.

"I knew it! Look, you should totally go for it. If you're going to get lucky with anyone, it's gonna be her. Hey, I don't want to be judgmental or anything, but she'll sleep with you without hesitation. She doesn't have a lot of standards so that's a bonus. She'll even go for a weirdo like you," Catherine assured him. Or at least... she tried to assure him. But it feels a lot more like an insult than a compliment.

"Gee, that makes me feel so much better, you fuckin' bitch," Roman retorts.

Catherine snorts, wrapping an arm around her brother's shoulders. "Look... all I'm saying is that you don't need to worry about her. Just ask her out and if she says yes, great! Just... try not to be yourself. Now come on, let's hurry up and go downstairs. We're waiting for you, Julius Caesar."

And with that, Catherine pats Roman on the shoulder before she leaves the room. Roman gets up from the bed, although he lingers in his bedroom a moment longer. He knew that he could never ask Alice out. The idea terrified him. Even though Roman acted like he was a Han Solo in the making, he knew he'd never be like Andrew. Plus, Alice didn't even like him that way. She saw him as a friend and nothing more. Roman would never be lucky enough to end up with a girl like Alice Kim. Or rather, Alice Kim herself. The sooner he realized that, the better.

So Roman takes a deep breath and makes his way downstairs so he could join his siblings, ready to adorn the role of Julius Caesar. Even if meant walking to his very own doom.

( 💊💔💄 )

word count: 2054
notes: here's chapter six! there wasn't much roman x alice interaction in this chapter but the double date will be in the next chapter and there'll be a lot more of them, i promise!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro