(2) Senior Prom

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I felt like Nina Dobrev in The Vampire Diaries as I stepped down the stairs where Ryder, my date, was waiting for to take me to a dance.

I chuckled as I walked up to him and pecked him on the lips.

"You look beautiful baby." He whispered in my ear.

"You look nice too." I smiled.

"Pictures!" My dad announced.

We both smiled at the camera.

"You both look good. Reminds me of my Senior Prom.-" Before dad could repeat telling his story, Jonah interrupted him.

"Dad! They'll be late for their prom." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah. Get going, both of you. And Ryder, bring her back before her curfew." My dad shouted.

"Yes sir!" Ryder shouted back.

"God! I love your dad. He is so fun! Although with the curfew." He chuckled, shaking his head.

Ryder's parents were one of those strict parents. They tried to control Ryder's life in every way possible.

"Then why don't you go to prom with him?" I playfully glared at him.

"Nah, he would be busy." He chuckled.

"I am offended." I hit him.

"Are you now?" He said as he pecked my lips and opened the door of his sports car for me.

"What a gentleman!" I sighed.

"Yeah. Yeah." Ryder chuckled as he climbed into the car and we drove off.

As soon as we entered the school gym where the prom was taking place, I was swarmed by my so-called friends. I am pretty sure they only talk to me because of my popularity.

"Hey girl! You look hot!"

"Oh My God! You both look so cute!"

"I wish I had your body!"

"Your makeup is so perfect! What am I saying? You probably had a personal makeup artist do it. It is so good."

I pleadingly looked at Ryder who was just smirking at me.

I and Ryder were good friends before we started dating. And he knew I hated this fake love and attention.

"Okay ladies. Now I would like my girlfriend back please." He gave them all a smile. They all immediately let go of me, giving Ryder a flirtatious smile. I internally rolled my eyes as we both made our way to the inside part of the gym where many of the kids were dancing.

"Want to dance?" He asked.

"Do you know how to?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't. But you do." He shrugged.

"I am in no mood for you to step on my feet. So, let's just go and raid the food table, shall we?" I asked him.

"And this is why you are my girlfriend." He chuckled as we walked towards the food table.

"So, are your parents still forcing you to go to Princeton?" I asked him.

"Yeah. But I can't blame them though. I haven't told them I got a full football scholarship from Ohio State University." He sighed.

"You got a what?!" I said, a little louder than I expected, making some heads turn towards me. I just shrugged and gave them an apologetic look.

"You got a full football scholarship from Ohio State University?! That's like the best that can happen. Why haven't you told them?" I asked him.

"You know how they are. They almost hate the fact that I play football. They just want me to become a lawyer, like them." He rolled his eyes.

"Do you want me to talk to them?" I questioned.

"You already have a good image in front of them. If you try to convince them about me playing football, they'd hate you." He sarcastically chuckled.

Ryder's parents are a huge deal in New York. They are one of the best lawyers in America and have a huge influence. If they don't like someone, there are chances that half of America may start hating you.

"Yeah. I would like to avoid that. But you have to talk to them." I urged him.

"I probably won't. But enough of my depressing life. What about you? Excited to go to Michigan?" The thought of Michigan brought a smile to my face.

"Very. I can't wait to go there and start studying Business." I excitedly said.

"I have no idea how you get excited at the thought of studying." He rolled his eyes.

"Now it's time to announce the Prom King and Queen." The girl on the stage, Stacie, announced.

"Are you guys excited?" She asked and there were many hoots and 'yeahs' heard.

"So, this year's Prom King and Queen are," she slowly opened the letter for dramatic effect, "Well, we all would've guessed this- Ryder Beckham and Valerina Mathews!" there was a loud roar as the crowd separated into two parts, making way for me and Ryder.

Ryder bowed down to me, and I curtsied, playing along. He took my hand and led me to the stage.

Stacie gave me my crown and sash while Emelia gave Ryder his.

"Congratulations guys! Give it up for the Prom King and Queen." Stacie said into the mic and there was another loud roar as people started clapping.

"Ready for our dance, m'lady?" Ryder asked in a very fake french accent.

"Please don't step on my foot." I pleaded as we both made our way to the center of the crowd. 'You are the Reason' by Calum Scott started playing as we both started swaying to the music.

And then the worst happened.

Ryder stepped on my feet.

After our dance, me and Ryder went our separate ways. He went to his football team to take pictures and all that while I walked over to my cheerleading team.

If you thought that I didn't stay with them for long, you are 100% correct.

Within the next five minutes, I walked away from them and went and sat on the table that was far away from the crowd. God knows I was tired of this prom.

"Why are you sitting here?" A sudden voice made me jump and I almost fell out of my seat. I looked around the round table to see a boy, I think Christian was his name, sitting with a bored expression on his face.

"What do you mean, why am I sitting here?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Why are you sitting at the most isolated table in this whole gym?" He asked as he moved forward and rested his elbows on the table, narrowing his eyes, trying to study me.

"Because I am tired, Christian" I rolled my eyes. He looked shocked when I said his name.

"You know my name?" He asked, clearly confused.

"I know everyone's name in the school." I shrugged. It was true. I did know everyone's name.

"Wait, you are Valerina, aren't you? The head cheerleader?" He looked at me with distaste.

"Yes."

"Then aren't you supposed to like not talking to me? Why are you talking to me?" He asked.

"Why would I not talk to you? And firstly, you were the one who started talking to me." I shrugged.

"Aren't you friends with Stacie and Emelia?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Friends?" I scoffed. "I do not consider them friends."

"But you guys are cheerleaders."

"So what? I don't like them. They are very b*itchy. They are just my teammates. If they weren't, I am pretty sure I would have killed them by now." I rolled my eyes which made him chuckle.

"But you are like the most popular girl in this school." He stated. I have no idea why this person was so confused about me sitting with him. It's not like I am a werewolf or a witch.

I wish I was though.

"Not by choice." I glared at my 'friends' who were chatting there.

"But you are. Plus you are a girl." He shrugged.

"Great observation skill a*shat." I rolled my eyes.

"No. I'm just saying. Don't popular girls like proms? Why are you sitting here, in the most isolated table, like you don't want anything to do with it?" he asked.

"This prom is not my cup of tea. I would rather be on my roof watching stars." I randomly stated.

I expected him to say some stereotypical remark, like he has been doing. But instead he just smirked.

A/N:

Hello again!

I hope you guys liked the chapter...

So here is a little story from the boring life of Destiny Roberts (that is me- if you are wondering)...

I was study history (boring- I know) when I got a notification from Wattpad about something called an Open Novella Contest... I totally ignored it...

Then two days back, when I was writing my science paper, I got a notification from a Discord Server. It was a link to the ONC main book... I was very tired of writing the paper so I decided to take a break and check it out... 

I read everything from the rules to all the 80+ prompts, in which three prompts caught my eye and I was like 'hey! I could write a story on them'... And that's when I started plotting...

I came up with almost 2 plots for all the three prompts- making a total of six prompts and then I tried to write the first chapter for all the prompts... I couldn't write the first chapter for four of them because I was bored when I reached half way, so there was no point in continuing...

After completing the remaining two first chapters, I read and re-read both of them and I found that the other plot was very common on Wattpad. So I picked up this plot and now I have completed publishing the second chapter... 

And all the time I spent thinking and writing about plots, my parents were thinking that I was studying... And my mom tested me on the topic which I was *studying* but I couldn't answer major questions which led to my mom scolding me... but hey! At least I have a new story!

Anyways, this was the story of the birth of Hearts and Stars... If you have read it till here, Congratulations! You are jobless! Just like me!

Until Next Time...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro