(3) The Virgin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I have no idea when.

I have no idea why.

I have absolutely no idea how I landed on the rooftop of an abandoned building in New York with Christian.

I remember when I told him that I would rather go stargazing. He just smirked.

Then I remember how he asked me what I would do if I got the chance to go stargazing. I remember saying that I would definitely go.

And then I and him somehow landed on the rooftop of this abandoned building.

"This used to be a hotel. Whenever any of my family members would come to visit us, they would stay here." He started.

I had the urge to ask why they wouldn't stay in his house but I ignored it. We had just met. It wouldn't be right for me to pry in his personal life.

"The owner knew me very well. One day, some CEO of some big shot company came in and told the owner to shut down the hotel. He said that this hotel was draining all of his hotel's customers. When the owner didn't agree, he spread rumors about the hotel and the hotel closed down as there were no customers. The owner just gave me the key and told me to do whatever I want with it." He sadly chuckled at the end.

"That was harsh and very selfish of that CEO." I stated.

"It was. But don't worry. I got some revenge too." He smirked as he looked at me.

We were sitting on a blanket in the center of the rooftop. There were fairy lights around us but we had switched them off so that we could get a more prominent view of the stars, which were shining above us.

"What did you do?" I playfully narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh nothing. Just something involving a lot of cockroaches and rats." He shrugged and turned back to the sky.

"I don't even want to ask any further." I scrunched up my nose in disgust, imagining the worst possible scenarios.

"Good decision." He chuckled.

I looked back towards the sky.

"If you hated prom so much, why did you even go there in the first place?" He asked me.

"My dad wanted me too. He met my mom during prom and says that it was his best night. He wanted me to experience that I guess." I shrugged, not looking at him, still staring at the sparkling stars. "What about you?"

"My mom forced me to go. She said that if I wouldn't, she would not talk to me. I couldn't afford that. I love her too much for her to not talk to me." He chuckled. At the mention of his mom, a wave of sadness and little jealousy immediately hit me.

"My mom is dead." I suddenly said and regretted it the next second.

"I am sorr-" He was about to apologise but I cut him off.

"No. I shouldn't have brought it up. I mean, I just met you today. I shouldn't be pouring my life out to you." I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

"It's okay." He smiled at me.

"They are beautiful. aren't they?" He asked, changing the topic which I was grateful for.

"They are." I smiled, looking back at the stars.

"Do you know anything about them?" He asked.

"Nah. I just like staring at them. It reminds me how endless the world can be." I shrugged.

"Well, you see those stars over there? It is like they form a trapezium?" He asked as he pointed towards them.

I couldn't find them so I just shook my head.

He sat up and took my hand in his. I felt tingles where his hand touched me and my heartbeat increased. Is this normal?

He led me to where he wanted me to see. I followed where my hand was pointing and I saw what he was talking about. There were four bright stars forming a type of trapezium. I nodded.

"Now follow the leftmost star and you can see another bright star there." He pointed and I nodded as I saw what he was talking about.

"Now see the other corner of the trapezium, You can see two bright stars forming a somewhat curved line." He instructed. Again, I nodded.

"The same happens with the other corner of the trapezium too." He showed me. "And then the last corner, you can see three stars forming a staircase shape with the corner star"

"Yeah. I can see it." I smiled as I felt like I was finally doing something meaningful to me.

"That's the Virgo constellation. The Virgin." He looked at me and smiled as my eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow!" That was all I could say.

He continued showing me more constellations, which included the Cancer, the Leo and the Libra constellations. He talked like he knew everything about the stars.

The whole time he was talking, I kept looking at him, the enthusiasm in his eyes, brightening his face. Something fluttered in my heart as he kept talking and touching my hand.

But for now, I just ignored it.

"You seem to know a lot about stars." I chuckled.

"I do. My dad was fascinated by them. He always took me stargazing. He even had the telescope." He smiled at me as he kept my hand down. I immediately missed his warmth but I didn't act on it.

I also noticed how talked about his dad in the past tense. Again, we had just met today. I didn't want to pry and destroy this new friendship that was starting to form between us.

"Come on. It's getting late. I should probably drop you home before your brother comes to kill me." He chuckled as he stood up, offering me a hand, which I gladly took.

"You know my brother?" I asked but in the corner of my mind, I already knew the answer.

"Of course I know your brother. Well, brothers for that matter. They were the golden boys of highschool. The best football players the school has ever had." He chuckled.

"Do you play football?" I asked him, expecting the answer to be a 'no' as he wasn't on the school team.

"Yeah. I do actually." He shrugged.

"But you aren't on the school team." I furrowed my eyes in confusion as we both stepped into the elevator which he had told me was completely safe. He just scoffed.

"Being in the school football team would have brought too much attention. I am not a fan of that." He shrugged.

"I feel you." I sarcastically chuckled. "Are you any good?"

"I am pretty sure I am better than your boyfriend." He looked at me, an unknown feeling swirling in his eyes. Why do I feel there is a different meaning behind that line?

"We should do this again." I smiled as we stopped in front of my house.

"You want to hang out with me again?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah. Why not?" I shrugged. "Unless you don't want to."

"Yes- I mean I don't mind. But I am a sort of a loser. Why would you want to hang out with me?" He asked.

"You are not a loser, Christian." I said.

"I'll text you." I smiled at him.

"You don't have my number." He stated the obvious.

"I know everyone, remember?" I shrugged.

He just shrugged and shook his head, muttering something under his breath.

"I'll see you later then." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Yep. Goodbye. And thanks for tonight. You made my prom night way better than I expected it to be." I smiled as I kissed his cheek and stepped out of his jeep, walking towards my house.

I reached the door and turned around to wave at him. He looked flustered about something but then regained himself as he waved back, a blush clearly evident on his face.

I just chuckled as I opened the door and stepped inside my house.

That was one good prom night. 

A/N:

Hey guys!

How is it going?

I have some bad news.

I am diagnosed with Hypersyllabus Nopreparation Syndrome.

People going through have various symptoms, one of which is having no preparation of the upcoming exams. In the my case, the symptoms have been showing for almost a year now and when we went to the doctor, he diagnosed me with Hypersyllabus Nopreparation Syndrome.

Until now, no cure has been found. Although this disease is not fatal, it can cause brain damage.

Medicine includes studying but I am too lazy to take my meds.

Anyways, I hope you liked that chapter.

I personally have never been stargazing so if anything is wrong, please tell me.

Until Next Time...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro