58 - Puggingham Palace

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"This isn't a good idea," Draco said grabbing my arm, bringing me to a halt, "for all we know, it could be a trap."

We were outside Pansy's gates where I was about to push my finger to the buzzer and demand that she let me in. Draco looked, for want of a better word, frightened.

"Draco, what possible kind of trap? There is no way of Nott letting them know of our impending visit. And as far as Pansy is concerned, we are just in the neighbourhood and thought we'd pop in for a cup of tea."

"I'm not being funny, Potter," Draco drawled, "but Pansy's hardly going to believe that you of all people would want to have a girly catch up over tea and biscuits."

Ugh. He was infuriatingly right.

"Fine," I snapped, pulling out the Invisibility Cloak I pinched from Albus's room earlier. "You go on and reminisce about old times with your ex whilst I'll just make myself invisible."

I couldn't disguise the bitterness in my voice. And this did not go unnoticed by Draco.

His hand still on my arm, he pulled me into his embrace, chuckling softly as he held me tight. "You've got nothing to worry about as far as Pansy's concerned - you know that don't you?"

Slowly, I nodded. I knew I was being childishly jealous. But man, I just fucking hated that woman.

Letting go of me, he cupped his hands on either side of my neck and pressed his lips firmly down on mine, kissing me in a way that stole the breath from my lungs and the beat from my heart.

"Come on," he murmured hoarsely as he broke away, the unmistakable swirl of hunger in his eyes, "let's do this."

I pulled the Invisibility Cloak over my head, making sure I was fully covered, and stepped aside as Draco pressed the buzzer, announcing his presence.

"Remember, I'll be there," Draco murmured furtively as the gates rolled open and we made our way up the driveway. "Promise me that you won't put yourself in any danger. The minute you find something that maybe useful, don't do anything stupid - come back and get me."

"Fine." I muttered, crossing my fingers beneath the cloak.

"Good luck," Draco whispered in my general direction as we approached the front door. "I love you."

I didn't answer, but quickly slipped my hand out from under the Cloak to give his fingers a quick squeeze - managing to whip it away in time just as the door swung open.

"DRAKIE!"

I cringed. I couldn't help it. Her voice made me want to get a knife and chop both my fucking ears off.

I tried to control my rage as her arms flew around Draco's neck and she planted a kiss on his lips. I briefly wondered if they were still wet from kissing me, and the thought made me want to gag.

"Err... hey, Pansy," Draco laughed nervously, as he attempted to extricate himself from her. "I, um... was just passing and thought... thought we could catch up... you know..."

"How wonderful! Come in darling! Come in!" she screeched, grabbing his hand, and dragged him inside through the doorway.

I quickly followed close behind, making sure to step safely through the threshold before the door slammed shut behind us.

"Oh Drakie, it's been so long! How's little Scorpion? Is he over losing his mother yet?"

The fucking gall of the woman!

"It's Scorpius," Draco muttered, a flicker of irritation to his voice. "And no - losing your mother is not something you really get over."

"And is it true?" Pansy went on as though he had said nothing. "I've heard rumours that you had a big row with Potter and her kid at the station. I mean really, that woman needs to start winding her neck in. I'm glad you've finally seen sense at least. I did find it dreadfully bizarre that you felt as though you had to bring her to my party. It's just rotten luck that her little brat has somehow managed to manipulate your boy into being his friend. Poor Scorpion. From what Pipi tells me, that Potter boy is nothing but trouble. She cried for three whole nights when he started muttering strange words under his breath at her, pretending to know Dark Magic, and Horace refused to have him removed from Slytherin despite me insisting that Pipi fears for her safety. Honestly, it's a complete travesty that a Potter was allowed in Slytherin in the first place! Bad blood that one, you mark my words."

I could feel myself shaking with anger. It took me everything not to throw off my cloak and smack her one.

"You know what kids are like, Pansy." Draco gritted. His face had a slight pink tinge to it, but he said no more.

"Oh, Drakie!" Pansy tittered, smacking his arm as though he'd simply told a funny joke. "Let's go and see what goodies I can get the house elves to rustle up for us!"

I rolled my eyes as she began to drag him down the hallway. I stayed where I was, waiting until they disappeared through a door before I started my search.

My heart hammering, I tiptoed quietly along the hallway, tentatively opening doors, looking for anything that seemed suspicious.

I wasn't having any luck, so I decided to continue my search upstairs. Every now and then I would hear the screech of Pansy's laughter, making me shudder in my tracks. I wondered what she and Draco were discussing to make her so... buoyant.

I carried on my search, nothing sparking my curiosity until I reached a massive pair of vulgar pink and gold French doors.

Slowly slipping through them, my breath hitched in my throat as I was met with a horrifying sight.

The main feature of the room was a huge, pink, queen sized, four poster bed, with tasteless shimmering gold drapes tied to each post.

But it was what was on the surrounding pink walls which nearly made me scream: photos. Hundreds of moving photos of Draco.

School boy Draco was staring out at me from all over the walls, his eyes dancing as his arms fell across Pansy's shoulders. Some of them had pink love hearts surrounding his face. Some of them were even of the two of them kissing most energetically.

My fucking god - this woman was obsessed!

Not being able to stomach the many faces of Pansy laughing almost mockingly into mine as she snogged the white-blond haired Slytherin, I stepped back, needing to get out of that room fast.

I firmly closed the doors behind me, wondering just how safe Draco was downstairs with that freaking bunny boiler.

"Etta?"

I looked up to see Draco himself emerging at the top of the stairs, his eyes darting desperately around as he whispered my name.

"I'm over here," I whispered furtively, pulling the cloak down from around my head but keeping the rest of it wrapped tightly around me.

Relief flooded over his face as he quickly strode towards me, awkwardly reaching his arms out to embrace my invisible body.

"This is weird," he muttered, looking down, "I wonder what it would be like to-"

"Draco! This is not the time!" I hissed furiously, "I'm not getting any closer to finding any sign of Blaise."

Draco frowned thoughtfully. "Try the kitchen, I'm quite sure the door at the back leads to some sort of underground parlour. I'll suggest we go for a walk in the grounds or something."

Ugh. The idea of them taking a romantic stroll made my stomach squirm after what I had just witnessed in her bedroom.

"Every second I spend with her makes me appreciate you more and more, Potter," he murmured, clearly reading my mind as he dipped his head and brushed his lips along my jawline. "Fuck, you smell so good."

I shivered in sudden longing. "Honestly, though, that woman's a psycho. You know she has hundreds of photos of you and her together at Hogwarts on her bedroom wall?! It's like some sort of crazy shrine!"

Draco lifted his head, amusement written all over his face. "Well, you can't blame the girl. I am gorgeous, after all."

"My god," I scoffed incredulously, "you're actually loving this aren't you?"

"Whatever helps her get off to sleep at night." His eyes flashed wickedly as a smirk played upon his lips.

"Drakie!"

The change in Draco's demeanour was instant, and it was my turn to smirk when his face fell, with something akin to horror flitting in his eyes.

"Where are you hiding, Drakie?"

He hurriedly kissed me on the lips before lifting the cloak back over my head. "I'll keep her out of the way - be careful!"

Pansy appeared at the top of the stairs.

"There you are, you naughty boy!" she giggled, "I thought you just said you needed the bathroom, surely you know I have one downstairs?"

"Yes, I- err... wanted to have a look around... for old times sake," he stuttered nervously, quickly moving away from me as he dashed back over to her.

I saw the panic in her eyes as they darted to the pink French doors behind me.

"You didn't go in there, did you? Although," she added coyly, running a single finger down his chest, "if you want to go into a bedroom, you need only just ask. I've got plenty we could try out-"

I tried to suppress the hot burning rage that was threatening to erupt inside of me.

"Uh- no." Draco said nervously tugging at his collar. "Actually, I'm feeling a bit stifled. Let's take a walk in the garden, shall we?"

And without waiting for a response, he grabbed Pansy's elbow and hurriedly led her back down the stairs.

It was now or never.

Waiting until I heard them step outside, I made my way quickly down to the kitchen and instantly spotted an old battered looking door on the back wall.

My wand gripped tightly in my hand, I strode over to it and gave it a gentle push. To my surprise, it creaked open with ease.

A long dark stairway leading down below the house was revealed. Taking a deep breath, I began my shaky descent, lighting the tip of my wand to guide me.

It seemed to go on and on, and after what seemed around five long minutes, I came to another door at the bottom. Slowly, I reached for the handle and opened it, stepping hesitantly inside.

The room was empty.

And suddenly, something hit me hard from behind, making me fall face down flat to the ground as my Invisibility Cloak slithered away from my body. I realised, too late, that what had hit me was a Curse. The Full Body-Bind Curse.

A foot kicked my side, rolling me onto my back so that I was staring up into a smooth, beautiful face; an entertained look in his dark eyes as they glinted down at me.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to find me, Red."

Oh shit.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro