61 - Sod Dinner

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I stepped onto the platform and blinked as steam billowed all around.

Albus was already storming ahead of me, trying to get onto the train before I could stop him.

"ALBUS!" I yelled, praying desperately that he would stop in his tracks and turn around and say goodbye to me.

But all I saw was his retreating back as he jumped into a carriage and slammed the door shut behind him.

I felt a sob choke in my throat, and my hand flew to my mouth, desperate to keep it from escaping.

"Etta, it'll be okay."

I whirled around at the familiar voice, my heart stilling as warm grey eyes pierced into mine.

"Draco," I choked, never having been more pleased to see him.

I refrained from stepping towards him and closing the gap, however, due to the presence of Scorpius by his side.

"He'll come around, I promise," Draco murmured, reaching out to brush his hand against my arm.

I glanced guiltily down at Scorpius who was watching me with a wary expression on his face. I hadn't seen him since that day on this exact spot when we had broken the news of his father's betrayal.

"Hello, Scorp," I said hesitantly, apprehensive about his reaction to me.

"Hey, Etta," he mumbled quietly, not quite meeting my eye.

My heart lifted at his acknowledgment, even if it was slightly stilted.

"Did you... did you uh- have a good summer?" I asked, inwardly cringing at my stupid question.

He shrugged. "It was okay... I suppose. I'm glad I got to see Albus a couple of times, even if he wasn't happy."

Guilt ate away at me. This was all such a bloody mess and Scorpius had not deserved any of it.

"I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you now, Scorp," I said, gesturing to the train. "He... he just needed time to process things."

Scorpius nodded, looking pained. "I know."

My eyes met Draco's, willing him to help me out.

"I've explained to Scorp that we're moving in together," he said, cottoning on.

"Oh," I said, studying Scorpius carefully, "and- and how do you feel about that, Scorp?"

I closed my eyes in mortification. I was sounding like his fucking therapist.

To my surprise, however, Scorpius gave another shrug. "You make my dad happy. He was sad without you. I don't want him to be sad anymore."

I wanted to throw my arms around this precious boy - a boy who loved his father like I wished my son would love me.

"And you, Scorp?" I pressed carefully, needing to know, "do you think you can be okay with this situation? With me?"

"I dunno," he mumbled, his eyes hesitantly meeting mine, "maybe."

My lips tugged into a grateful smile. It was the best I was going to get - the best I could hope for.

"Come on, Scorp," Draco murmured, giving me a reassuring nod as he bent down to pick up his son's trunk, "let's get you on the train."

I watched as Draco helped him board, giving him a fatherly hug before shutting the carriage door behind him. My heart hurt when I thought of Albus sitting on the train, and I wondered if he had been watching the scene; watching the man whom he now knew to be his father, hugging goodbye the son he had always been there for.

Draco strode back, discreetly pressing a hand against the small of my back as he stood next to me, waiting to wave off the train together.

"It's going to be okay, Etta," he murmured above my ear. "The boys are going to be fine."

"Al hates me," I said, my voice breaking as I felt a single tear roll down my cheek, "he absolutely hates me, and I don't know what else I can do."

"Hey, my love, don't cry," Draco said, sliding his hand to my waist in an attempt to pull me to him. "I promise you he'll come around."

I hastily twisted away from his embrace, conscious that the boys could be watching from the train.

"I got further with Scorp just now then I ever have with Al." I sobbed, looking away from his hurt expression. "Last night I gave him my blanket that my mother had wrapped me in as a baby. I was hoping it would help bring us close - that he would understand I was giving him something so precious to me."

"He's only fourteen years old. To him, it's simply just a blanket." Draco attempted to reassure me. "I'm sure he'll appreciate the sentimentality of the gesture in time."

"He threw it out of the window."

Draco's face fell, an angry pink tinge rising to his cheeks.

Before he could say anything, the train whistled a warning signal and the sound of the chugging engine started up. I quickly wiped the tears from my face as we turned to watch the train leave the station.

The second it had disappeared from view, arms snaked around me and I found myself being pulled up against Draco's hard, reassuring body. This time, I did not pull away but relaxed against him instead, welcoming his comfort.

"I love you, Etta," he murmured ardently, kissing the top of my head, "and I know Al does too, he's just a little... troubled lately. We'll sort it out, I promise."

I sighed heavily, nuzzling my face into his chest, revelling in his scent and presence. Suddenly, I was so desperate to start our life together properly.

"What do you say we go home?" I tilted my face up, a coy smile tugging at my lips.

"I'd say I'd love nothing more," he murmured, his eyes twinkling as he planted his lips down on mine.

We went straight to the bedroom, of course, which was soon filled with the sounds of energetic squeaking bedsprings and a strangled mass of pants and grunts.

Taut, strong arms clamped tightly around me as Draco rammed me down on his lap, meeting his fast and furious thrusts. I could feel the burning in my stomach gathering momentum as his movements became sloppier in his almost desperate trembling chase for his sweet release.

"Fuck," Draco rasped against my neck, the grazing of his teeth and the movement of his lips causing shivers to erupt delightfully over my skin.

My body felt so fucking hot as it moved against his cool, damp skin. I dug my fingertips into his shoulder blade as my other hand clutched his hair, my grip getting tighter as my climax drew nearer.

No sooner had I felt the satisfactory rip in my abdomen, causing me to cry out in a state of ecstasy as I spasmed around him, Draco was following closely behind.

"I'm going to-" Draco hummed as he thrust harder and faster, flesh slapping louder, "-oh shit- yes... fuck!"

"I thought the idea of moving day was for you to actually move some stuff in?" I panted afterwards, once we had fallen back onto the mattress, sweaty and breathless.

"Well, technically I moved something in," he smirked wrapping his arms around me and pulling me up against his body.

"We're not going to get much done, living together," I smiled to myself, nuzzling my face into his neck.

"I'm not complaining." Draco sighed, lazily stroking my hair. "If I had it my way, you would quit that stupid job and let me look after you for the rest of our lives."

"It's not a stupid job."

"It is when it repeatedly puts you in danger!" I could feel the pace of his steadying heartbeat pick up again as his entire body tensed beneath me, his hold on me tightening a fraction. "I mean it, Potter, you don't need to work, I have enough gold to see us all through. The boys will inherit the Malfoy fortune one day - you don't need to worry about them. Please, just let me look after you."

As tempting as that sounded, it seemed a little too good to be true. And I quite liked having a career. I couldn't imagine sitting around all day being a lady of leisure.

"I just- I would just not feel like... me," I tried to explain, "being an Auror has pretty much been my dream ever since I found out about it when I was fourteen years old."

"Well, still be an Auror then, but does it have to be Head? I'll support you in anything you want to do just as long as it doesn't endanger your life. I've lost count of the times I thought I was going to lose you - I can't bear it anymore, Etta."

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, cupping a hand to his face, remembering how awful it felt when I had witnessed him being tortured. "And I promise I'll think about it."

His expression immediately softened as a look of relief swept over his features. A sigh escaped his lips as he brushed them against mine, the gesture so sweet and tender that my heart gave a light flutter.

"I love you, dear," he murmured, and, as he pulled back to look in my eyes, I couldn't help but notice how his crinkled at the corners as they shone brightly back at me, and I didn't think I had ever loved him more.

That night, I attempted to cook us a special dinner to celebrate us officially living together. But as usual for us, something went awry.

Draco, being the loaded fucking king that he was, had his staff do all the moving for him. So, I was not in the least bit surprised when after a 'tiring' moving in day, he entered the kitchen feeling frisky.

"Mmmmm, something smells good."

Arms snaked around my waist as I was stood over the stove throwing pasta together, the faint scent of his cologne making my stomach knot in sudden desire.

"Fancy a glass of wine?" he drawled, and I shivered as he gently grazed his teeth along my neck.

Oh god yes, this was the fucking life.

"Yes, please," I moaned softly, enjoying the feel of his teeth and lips nipping at my skin.

Without warning, he whirled me around on the spot, making me drop the wooden spoon I was using to stir the pasta. His eyes were dark and dilated, a low animalistic sound vibrating in the back of his throat as he hungrily caught my lips in his, claiming my mouth.

"Draco!" I gasped against his lips, "I'm going to burn the dinner!"

"Sod dinner," he growled as he lifted me up off my feet and slammed my backside down onto the kitchen counter.

He kissed me harder, furiously running his hands up and down my body as his fingers tugged at my top and groped at my sides. Kicking off my shoe, I curled a leg around his middle, digging my heel into his backside so that I could grind my pelvis up against the hardness straining through his trousers.

"Damn it, Potter." Another strangled groan vibrated in his throat as I did it again, smirking against his lips. "Stop trying to be so fucking domineering all the ti-"

A sudden furious tapping on the window behind my head startled us both.

"What the fuck?" I hissed, trying to catch my breath as I looked around to see a big dark barn owl trying frantically to get our attention.

"Isn't it a bit late for an owl?" Draco scowled, looking pissed off about being interrupted.

He stepped away from me as I hopped down from the counter, hastily returning to the stove to save the pasta which was beginning to boil over.

Draco opened the window, letting the owl in which immediately dropped a cream envelope into his hand. He squinted down at it, a look of surprise flitting across his features.

"It's addressed to the both of us," he murmured in confusion.

"Aww, our first joint letter," I teased, trying to unstick the pasta which had burnt to the bottom of the pan. "Well, aren't you going to open it?"

I watched as he expertly tore open the envelope and started to read the contents of the letter. His face paled, eyes widened.

"What?" I pressed, feeling suddenly sick with fear. "What does it say?"

"Etta, it's the boys." His voice sounded strange, not like his own. "Scorp and Al - they never made it to school. They're missing!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro