17| A New Friend

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Roark's POV 🪨

Ever since the day we've met, me and y/n have been getting along well, and had been with each other everyday.

Earlier, when the league ended and she became the champion, y/n had already contacted her mother and decided to move out and live with me.

To be fair, it felt really nice having her around in my house.

She didn't even have any kind of problem or a single complaint in cooking food for me everyday, except for the times when flu or allergy season comes around.

When I'm the one who gets sick, y/n always took good care of me, just like how a mother would.

She always gave me medicine that was meant for a medical health issue, I could come down with, when it happens.

Everything was going fine too, until she suddenly disappeared without a trace one day, her belongings still in my house as a note, a rotom-like pokédex, and a pokéball was left behind.

"Roarkie, I will be training my pokémon on Iron Island for a year, so I left you plenty of food for you.

When I come back, I promise you, me and my pokémon will be much more stronger. As proof of my promise, I leave you this adorable Rockruff I happened to have met and found in Alola Region when I left the house for a week.

Rockruff is a rock type pokémon, so, I figured you'd probably like my gift too, since rock-types are your specialty.

The little guy's really interested and looking forward to meeting you and I hope you both will get along well. I'm sure he'll be evolved by the time I come back to you from training....

Please, wait for me....Okay? And don't even think about being around any other girl, except for me and the female gym leaders!

Love and hugs, Y/n"

After reading the note, I felt a little sad and lonely at first, until I remembered that I'm not alone, when I noticed Rockruff whimpering a little, wanting to be let out and comfort me.

Taking the pokéball, I tossed it, letting Rockruff out.

Just after I did that, Rockruff immediately ran and tackled me.

"Woah there!" I went before falling backwards on my bed.

Not caring, Rockruff started licking me by the face, showing thanks to me while I was laughing a little.

"Ahah! That tickles!" I chuckled a little, before Rockruff stopped licking me.

"Eww, puppy slobber..." I joked next before wiping it off my face and giving Rockruff a head pat.

Judging by Rockruff's behavior, he seems to have a quirky and an energetic personality.

I could be wrong though.

"I suppose y/n's told you a lot about me, huh?" I asked as I looked at Rockruff.

Yipping a little in response, I could easily tell he was agreeing with me.

Smiling, I gave Rockruff another head pat in return, before asking if he's had anything to eat before or after y/n left him on my bed.

Seeing how energetic Rockruff was, I'd take it that he had already eaten, before y/n left.

Curious about the Rotom looking pokédex, I picked it up, and scanned Rockruff after it automatically turned itself on.

"Rockruff. The rock-type puppy pokémon. It has an excellent sense of smell and is a sociable pokémon. But, as it grows, its disposition gets wilder.

If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it's close to evolving. It's said that it leaves its Trainer's side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved." The pokédex says as I read it.

"Huh...Interesting. At least I'll know what to expect later, when the time comes for you to evolve." I say as I looked over at the rock puppy who was gifted to me.

In response, Rockruff yipped as he wagged his tail happily.

Smiling, I picked him up and cuddled him for a while, already taking a liking to the pokémon already.

Friendship wise.

As days had passed, mine and Rockruff's friendship grew stronger.

At the same time, I was learning more about Rockruff's personality, his likes, and his dislikes.

Turns out, Rockruff likes the same thing that I like, and hates the same things that I hated.

And from how strong our friendship is, it's like we were brothers, even though we're not.

While time continued to pass, Rockruff suddenly howled, making me aware that he's close to evolving soon.

I will admit that when Rockruff does evolve, I'm gonna miss seeing his small, puppy self.

By the time it was getting close to the end of the year and y/n returning from her training soon, Rockruff suddenly left the house during the day and didn't come back until a few minutes later, already evolved.

"Woah!" I went after seeing him.

Not knowing what pokémon Rockruff just evolved into, I took out the rotom looking pokédex and scanned him.

"Lycanroc. The wolf pokémon. When properly raised from a young age, it will become a trustworthy partner that will absolutely never betray its trainer.

This lycanroc is calm and cautious. The rocks jutting from its mane are sharper than a knife. Fragments that break off are treasured as good luck charms."

After reading that, I was impressed.

"Did y/n already know about this?" I asked as I looked at my Lycanroc.

It yipped a little in response, as his usual way of saying "yes".

"Since that's the case, y/n seems to know what she's doing then..." I replied as I smiled.

Giving me another happy yip in response, Lycanroc tackled me before licking me by the face as I started laughing.

"No matter how much I look at you now, you're still that Rockruff I know. Just bigger and stronger." I chuckled after he got off of me.

Wagging his tail happily in response, Lycanroc suddenly snatched my miner helmet and ran out of the house with it.

"Hey! That's my miner helmet! Come back!" I say as I quickly got up and chased after him.

The entire time I was chasing after my Lycanroc, I couldn't stop laughing at his silly behavior, until I finally got my miner helmet back.

"You're so silly..." I teased, once we returned to the house.

Just like y/n had mentioned in her letter, she was at Iron Island for the entire year.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro