182. His eyes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Athena opened her eyes and saw his eyes as the first sight.

Dante smiled " My love. Did you rest well?"

Athena looked away and tried to get up but found herself unable to. She turned to Dante who was lying beside her " Dante... Why can't I get up from the bed?"

Dante sat up and leaned to the bed rest as he put his hands behind his neck " Because everything here takes orders from me. The air in this room even obeys me... Lets say you need to come towards me and it won't be a problem."

Athena couldn't believe Dante "Call off your spells..."

Dante shook his head " Come to me and give me a kiss. Then I might think about letting you get up. My price goes up if you don't..."

Athena sighed and found herself having no energy to fight. She looked away as she was laying on the bed " Dante ... When are you going to start acting like a normal blood match? Who on earth pins their blood match to the bed with air. Set me free."

Dante explained " I haven't pinned you down totally. You can come to me. You won't have a problem."

Athena sighed and looked back to their conversation before she had slept. Dante wanted them to marry. He wanted her to make the final decision. She whispered as she looked away " The most ironic part is, I would have given anything for you to give me a choice about our marriage from day one. You have to be more lenient just when I got caught by your enemies. I owe you for saving me and you decide to soften up now when you don't need to..."

Dante stated " Well. Do you not want a choice?"

Athena stated " I do... But I don't even think about our wedding. I think about how close I came to getting hurt..." She then found herself conjured next to Dante. She knew he would do it but didn't resist and didn't protest.

Dante turned in his side and stared at lying form of Athena who was laying flat on her back and looking away still. He stated "They won't catch you again. I promise."

Athen slowly turned " Dont make promises you can't keep." She was now  laying on her side staring at Dante.

Dante retorted " If you are not stubborn and don't leave this castle no one can hurt you. This castle is not ordinary. It only obeys me. Every part of it. No one can take my blood match away from this castle. Now about the kiss. I want one." He then leaned close and kissed her lips. Athena wanted to pull away because she was not in the mood to make out and she wanted Dante to work for the kiss. Not just take it away. But something inside her had changed. She trusted Dante with her life. He had saved her. She knew what was to become of her If Dante didn't rescue her. She was up against a Romas and an elemental lord.

Athena shook hard as she recalled her ordeal. That made Dante stop and pull away. He had a frown on his face " Why are you not kissing back and why do I feel your waves of fear? Are you thinking back to last night?"

Before Athena could respond, she found herself teleported to the balcony. One minute she was laying in bed and the next minute she was standing on her feet as Dante was holding her waist in his arms. He whispered from behind " Lean on me...,"

Athena obeyed. She was just too tired to fight. Her mind was on what had happened yesterday. She leaned into Dante who was standing behind her. Her back hit his chest and she became breathless. It was a good feeling. Dante was holding her tight and Their hearts were as close as they could be. There was a heart beat competition between their hearts.

Dante rubbed her stomach as he whispered " Trust me.... I will protect you. Those two can't hurt ... us ... You are the woman who will carry my child one day. Look around you... I managed to control Arkansas which is home to the most powerful witches and warlocks in the world. Do you think I am not capable of defending you and protecting you? Say it..."

Athena shook her head as she looked into the distance " You weren't there... You didn't see what I saw in their eyes... They were going to subject me to pain you can't imagine..."

Dante's grip became tighter on her stomach as he stated " I know... They will pay... I would exact revenge on their relatives and blood matches... They won't get away with their crimes. I was going to duel with the elemental but you stopped me. Now you complain that they were going to hurt you... Next time when I start a job don't try to sabotage it and interrupt... I would locate and bring their blood matches here... I would give you the honours to torture them too."

Athena sighed and shook her head as she turned to look at Dante " I would not hurt innocents..,"

Dante retorted " Tough. I do. Get used to it. I don't know about your people in Alaska but here in Arkansas we answer fire with fire. Learn to accept it.,.. " He then felt her tremble again as she looked away.

Dante asked "Athena.... What is the matter?... I demand it that you confess to me... I want to know whatever it is you are hiding from me...."

Athena sighed " You don't understand.... "

Dante asked " Try me..."

Athena admitted " I think it's better that you don't know..."

Dante asked " Know what?"

Athena didn't know how to say it so it didn't anger Dante. But she had to confess " Please don't get angry...,"

Before Athena could continue she found herself teleported away again. This time Dante was sitting on his  throne and Athena was sitting on his lap to her surprise. Athena put her hands on his shoulders " Dante.... I am serious. Can we not get romantic like this, while I talk to you please?"

Dante explained " Why not? I just want to look into your eyes while you speak about people I hate.... You were saying what? Continue ... My blue rose I can see right through you when I look into your eyes. Nothing escapes my eyes and I know you were about to talk about a traitor. I could feel it coming.... Why do you have to bring up a traitor on a day that I expect you to make a decision about our wedding?

Athena retorted " We have to discuss this before we marry .... Before the wedding takes place it must be done..."

Dante's eyes brightened up " Before we marry? For that I let you see your parents. You have ten minutes." He then snapped his fingers. Athena found herself being pulled away by forces. She ended up in her bedroom and then suddenly saw her parents appearing in front of her. They didn't let her speak as they embraced her.

Athena didn't know what to think about all this. Dante was being kind. He was rewarding her for her compromises. But before she knew it, the ten minutes were up and she quickly said goodbye as she felt herself being pulled away.

Athena was now standing in the middle of the throne room as Dante was sitting on the throne drinking from a butter whiskey bottle. He spoke " My love...Did you have a good time." He then stood up as he walked down the stairs of his throne towards Athena. He was sipping from his drink as he started circling her.

Athena was wary. She was getting a furious vibe from him even though he hid his emotions well. He was no happy. Something told her to stop and think of the consequences of her actions. So many lives depended on her. Dante loved her but didn't love the ones she loved. She couldn't push it too far.

Dante spoke in a harsh tone as he was circling her and driving  " I can feel it coming. Don't say his name.... I can feel you want to talk about that traitor. I am not in the mood. Use your instinct Athena. I just saved you from two males who wanted to hurt you. If you bring up another male who is a threat than I might lose my temper. I won't be so nice Athena. Actually, let's lay down the law for today. If you mention his name today I will throw you to my dragons again to fight. I don't care if you feel shattered and tired. I don't forgive treachery and you protected him from me. He was a traitor and you let him walk away free. When you even think of him, I can feel it. I get the waves of your thoughts about that traitor. It's pretty strong... Don't dare mention his name or I won't hesitate to throw you to the dragons."

Athena was taken back " It is important Dante. You can't afford to be jealous."

Dante stated matter of factly " Why would I be jealous? You are mine and always will be. I can kill the traitor in a heart beat and snap every bone in his body for daring to touch you..., I just need to get my hands on him...."

Athena sighed " Dante.... I can't change how I feel for him. We were raised together. Now I have found you.... And ... And..."

Dante retorted " And what? You want him here? So he would be what exactly? An uncle to our children?...,"

Athena closed her eyes and then shook her head. She then opened her eyes " Please..... He may die. Archelous might kill him. They don't get along. Ironically Vasile is the one to defend him. Archelous hates him and he may lose his temper and kill him. I can see it happen. You need to get him out and then can use his blood to unlock the castles gates and overcome the castle. Archelous and his allies inside the castle may escape but I can see it you can get the castle. Archelous can hurt him...."

Dante replied " I think that's more reason to not save him. Let him die at the castle. I don't need to unlock that castle for now since Archelous is working with the elemental. They will bring their fight to Arkansas. Why go to  Transylvania. Let him die. He must learn the hard way that the Ronas are not his best allies. But what interests me is this.... You were taking sides with Archelous when I attacked his castle. Now you would rather I take it after having a clash with him. You didn't think there are worse Ronas than me. Admit it."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro