52. The Maze

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tattiana had lost count of the number of enforcers she had knocked out by now. She must have encountered about 20. This was a massive compound. She had no idea how far to go till she could get to the captive part. Suddenly she felt a familiar presence or two rather.

Eliza and Elena suddenly found themselves standing a few yards behind Tattiana. " Girls, its good to see I won't be stepping out if here alone."

The twins caught up to her. Eliza smiled " I guess we are lucky our strong blood bond did not let us separate when we entered. We were suddenly faced with 50 enforcers ambushing us. They were in shock at first which gave us the advantage of surprise. So we tied them up. It would take along time for them to set themselves free. That is our specialty spell." She winked.

The three braced themselves as they felt strangers approaching from the front and the back. There were about 100 men coming from the front and 100 from the back. They were sorrounded.

Elena sighed " Seriously how do they detect us so fast. How about we make them hallucinate and feel dizzy for a while. It gives us some time to do what we were meant to do." Tattiana and Eliza nodded and put their force fields up and closed their eyes and suddenly a strong wind blew at the enforcers attacjing them and as they retreated, the healers cast a second spell to make them feel confused and dizzy. The enfoercers were now kneeling on the floor and holding their hands in their heads and groaning from pain.

Tattiana spoke: "Nice one Elena. Lets hurry now. i dont think this spell will last very long. There are so many of them. it would wear off in an hour if we are lucky even.'

The three healers just kept going through corridor after corridor and suddenly found themselves in the same room as the enforcers who were still feeling dizzy and confused. The healers looked alarmed. Elena spoke " damn it. We are going in circles. We need a different spell. Lets detect the other 4. The spell may take so much energy out of us but its worth the risk if we find Aretha at least. She is Athena's sister. I think we should start with calling to her first. Then she surely can help us find the rest and even find a way out for us. Athena's talent mainly lies in reacting very strongly when she or someone she loves is in danger. lets hope the pressure to get out of here on time can motivate Aretha to do some miracles and get us out with an ancient spell only her family know how to do."

Tattiana and Eliza nodded. The three healers held hands in a circle and closed their eyes and called upon Aretha. It was a powerful spell that made the healers be thrown against the wall.

Within seconds, they saw a bored looking Aretha standing in front of them. As she saw the healers groaning in pain and standing up she spoke worriedly " Guys why did you conjure me? It is going to weaken you in the long run. Uh. I was getting bored back there. I had cast an illusion spell to mask my location to the enforcers but I guess I hadn't thought of someone conjuring me. But I guess 4 of us is better than one."

Tattiana was baffled:" Do you always show preference to working alone? Just like your sister. Uh. You are welcome by the way for reuniting you with us."

Elena smirked " Ok if you are Athena's blood then performing the reunion spell would not be too hard for you. Can you do it. We want you to get us all back into one place. This way we have a chance to focus in finding out way out."

Aretha was thoughtful. "Sure. I did it once before. But it needs a lot of concentration. Everyone must be quiet. Then she sat down cross legged and closed her eyes. Suddenly blue rays of sunlight surrounded her and she started being lifted off ground. She was floating about half a meter above ground now. The healers gasped. This was beyond their skill. This spell needed great focus and Aretha was doing really well for an eighteen year old. Then suddenly three yellow light spheres were lit underneath the space she was floating above ground and each sphere showed the members of the healer coven walking in long corridors. As images of Alexandra, Mariana and Helena were appearing on the spheres showing them running in corridors, suddenly a massive wave of smoke hit the corridor. Alexandra, Mariana and Helena appeared in he room and looked at the floating Aretha in awe.

Aretha opened her eyes and as she saw the results, all lights and spheres disappeared and she gracefully landed on the floor. She tried to stand up but Elena and Eliza ran towards her.

Eliza spoke with concern " Uh. You look so pale sweetie. Just sit down a little bit. We will do the rest and find the way out."

Elena agreed " Indeed. Six of us is enough to detect the waves of pain and suffering from where the captives are held. We can do it. You just take some deep breaths and restore your energy."

Aretha weakly nodded and smiled and watched the 6 healers actions with interest.

The healers held hands and closed their eyes. They were focusing hard and trying to find the right direction to get out of the maze. Minutes went by and there seemed to be no result.

Aretha sighed and stood up. She felt better now and was recovered. She spoke annoyed; " Seriously? I think we should consider doing something else. This is the Ronas captive base. You won't be able to feel anything outside this maze. This is protected by the most powerful spells I have ever felt. The reason I could even reach our members and conjure them was because the security system did not forbid it. There is only one way out. We have to catch some enforcers and get them to give us the password or take us to the captive place. You may ask why I didn't try it, well because I needed all of us to do it so of it backfired and the enforcer fooled us we could hold out own against whatever back up or security backlash that came against us."

Alexandra eyes her suspiciously " How can you be so good at this? Have you broken into somewhere you shouldn't have before Aretha? We won't tell your sister."

Aretha looked offended " What, no. Of course not. But I have done a lot of training in the art of making decisions and taking action under pressure. The elder tree council and also the guardian council run a lot of summer camps about these forms of skills. I just happened to be better than the traitors when I went along, well they got frustrated and made me a trainer. So yeah I teach young trainees how to work under pressure and take risks with ancient spells to save their lives."

Mariana spoke " Do you mind running us a crash course when we get back to Alaska. Not that I ever hope we are in similar situations. But you never know, your sister has brought a completely new meaning to the word healer. You know I am right. What is this world has come to? We are the healers and rescuers but we are ambushing the Ronas. I say we are crazy or suicidal."

Helena rolled her eyes " I am sure Aretha will train us with her skills but sorry to disturb but time is running out. Our spells on the alarm system and the enforcers we knocked out wont last forever you know. So Aretha, lead the way and show us how we can use an enforcer to show us the way."

Aretha nodded and waved her hands and lifted one of the dazed and confused enforcers jinxed from earlier on. The tandoor vet was forced to stand in front of her and she released some green strings from her hands and wrapped them around him.

Aretha took a deep breath and snapped her fingers. The spell on the enforcer was lifted and he was now looking at Aretha with rage.

He spoke with threat and hate " You intruders, how dare you break and enter the Great Ronas's base. You will be punished one by one painfully and slowly while you watch each other. Superior commander Nathan would show non of you mercy. That's for sure."

Aretha sighed " Have you finished? Well we totally agree. Can you now lead the way to wherever this superior commander Nathan is? Surely he is where the captives are. We would surrender willingly. Take us there."

Enforcer laughed bitterly " You fools. You actually think I am going to help you get out of this maze. you will stay here trapped until you are captured. you have only yourselves to blame. I would enjoy watching you get executed one by one."

Aretha spoke with anger " That's enough. I am done with asking nicely. So here it goes."

A massive wave of blue light hit the bound enforcer in the chest and he screamed.

"Now tell me the password or I will kill you and move onto your other buddies. They maybe more talkative than you." Aretha spoke indifferently.

Aretha's fellow healers gasped in shock. Mariana spoke first " Girl. You have to control your temper. You are more like Athena than I thought. Under pressure, the dark sides comes out."

Aretha laughed " This is no dark side. There was a reason I didn't apply to the official healer trials. I don't mind being cruel to those who deserve it. I don't hold back when it comes to battle. I am too cold when I deal with offenders who give so much waves of hate. This man deserves it. I can tell how much pain he has caused. This is nothing compared to what would happen to those captives if we don't save them now."

The enforcer was screaming non stop. Aretha looked bored and waved her hands and the blue light stopped hitting him. The enforcer stopped sobbing now " Please no more. I will give you the password spell."

The healers instantly held each others hands and made a circle around the enforcer. As the enforcer muttered the password, they were all lifted though a tunnel of white light but Aretha used a last minute spell to leave the enforcer behind in the maze and knocked him out. It was easier than she thought to get the password. That enforcer had complied easily, since he had underestimated them. Most likely, he had assumed 7 women couldn't do anything major. To him, they were signing their death sentences by going to the captive section.

There was some dread forming in Aretha's mind now. What if they did not succeed? What if Athena couldn't contain Dante in his chambers?

As she was lost in thought she felt herself landing on solid ground. Her eyes widened in shock at the horror unfolding in front of her. She could feel her fellow healers feeling the same.

They were now out of the maze and in the captive section but instead of feeling relief for getting closer to completing their mission, all they felt was shock. They had never seen a more heartbreaking and cruel scene in their lives.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro