1| Rejection

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A girl with brown hair tied up in a ponytail trudged up the steps, her thoughts somewhere else. She pushed the door open with force.

The blue sky did not do anything to make her feel better. The weight of that white envelope in her hoodie seemed to be as heavy as an elephant. The enveloped seemed to be screaming out its prescence in her face, making her feel a myraid of emotions.

The sun seemed to be taunting her- the day looked perfect and happy. But that day, she felt like it was the worst day if her life.

She took off her shoes and sat down near the railing, lost in her thoughts.

She looked around and saw a girl with puffy eyes. Puffy Eyes was sitting very near the railing, her legs dangled in the air since they were thin enough to fit through the spaces between the railings.

"Why're you here?"

"It's probably a story you've heard before..." Puffy Eyes trailed off.

The girl merely stared at Puffy Eyes.

"I thought we're really meant for each other. So I wrote a letter- he was one of the few who actually noticed me." She fished a letter out from her jacket pocket. It was crinkled.

"But I saw him with another girl. He looked so happy. And I thought, he's probably with her. I just really wanted him to like me back."

Puffy Eyes stared at the sky and slowly climbed up the railing.

The girl knew what that meant.

"Hey, don't do it." The girl muttered.

Puffy Eyes stopped and turned to stare at the girl.

"Are you kidding me!? How dare you decide to die just because of such a crappy reason?" The girl's voice grew louder which each word until she was yelling at the top of her lungs. You're upset because you can't get what you want?! You're lucky enough to never have anything stolen from you!"

The words just tumbled out from the girl's mouth. She didn't really thought about the words- they just came to mind.

Puffy Eyes looked deep in thought for a few moments before she climbed down.

"I feel better now that I've talked about it. You're right- this is just a small matter. Maybe I'll find the One somewhere, sometime. Thanks." Puffy Eyes closed the rooftop door behind her.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro