38. Cat's In The Cradle

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Grimslay," Hades repeated, dark eyes blazing with raw emotion, "I'm so sorry for what I said back there. I didn't mean it."

The word 'disappointment' rang in Grim's ears. With all the craziness that had transpired the past few days, he had almost forgotten what had started it all. The wounds felt fresh on Grim's heart as he stared down at his father.

With difficulty, Hades rose to his feet, harsh breath rattling in his chest. "Grimslay, you're not a disappointment. You're my son. I love you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I love you. Three words he could never hear enough. Grim trembled, biting his lip.

He had never seen his father like this. Hades was a serious,  critical man. He didn't break his professional air just to give random bits of affection. It wasn't who he was.

Eris snatched Hades's arm, attempting to drag him back down. "I wasn't finished with you yet," she snapped.

"And I wasn't either. But right now, my son is more important than some battle." Hades tore from Eris's fingers, a sudden burst of energy Grim didn't know he could muster.

Hades took Grim firmly by the shoulders, an embrace that was almost foreign to Grim. He couldn't look Hades in the eyes.

"Grimslay, I got caught in the heat of the moment. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?"

Slowly, Grim fell forward, sitting his head on Hades's armor. "I've been a jerk too, Dad. I'm sorry I caused all of this," he lowered his voice, hugging Hades's chest harder, "It's time for me to start acting like an adult. I'm going to fix this, don't worry."

Taking a deep breath, Grim pulled away from Hades. He lifted his head, steadying his thudding heart. Before him, Eris stood, silent but threatening. She watched him with like a predator watched its prey, gaze locked on ever subtle movement he made.

"Hey, Eris," Grim hissed, his eyes slipping into the very murky darkness that his mother's burned with, "Forget the old man. Fight me instead."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro