43. Determination

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author's Pov

Kanika and Akash were seated on the floor. The elders of Akash's family and his relatives were blessing them as they were welcoming the new daughter in law of the house.

While everyone in the living room enjoying the rituals and having fun, Saptarshi was standing in the balcony of Priyansh's room.

"Dada," Hearing Sanchita's voice, he turned around .

"You are here…Everyone is searching for you. Let's go." Sanchita said to him.

" I am coming after some time. You go inside and tell them that I will come after finishing an important phone call." Saptarshi said to her.

"Okay ," Saying this, Sanchita was about to turn around but stopped.

Looking at Saptarshi, she asked, "Are you okay?"

"Why? Why are you asking this?" He asked her back as her question startled him a bit.

"You seemed to me bit off from the last night… What happened? Is everything okay?" Sanchita asked her brother. She had seen how her brother was smiling yesterday before the wedding.  He was literally glowing. But today in the evening from the time they came back with the new bride, he had lost the smile.

Saptarshi's mind went back on the incident of yesterday when he heard his sister's question. 

As he was eagerly waiting for Aratrika to come back to the wedding Hall, when the moment came he was perplexed.

No…not seeing her beauty or something like that, he was perplexed seeing her behaviour.

She was avoiding him.

He doesn't know the reason till now but what he knows is whenever he tried to talk to her, she avoided him skillfully.

What surprised him more was the way she was avoiding to make an eye contact with him in every way possible.

At first he thought that she was being  shy due to their small encounter in the morning . But later when he didn't find her blush or shyness in her eyes, he realised that something had happened which made her behave like this.

"Did someone from her family see them together and later created a scene or insulted her? " this question came to his mind.

But the answer was no. He saw how everyone was normal. There was no pretence in their behaviour. In fact, everyone in her family was talking sweetly with Aratrika. So he knew that that wasn't the reason.

But what is it?

He needed to find out and that was possible only tomorrow in the reception party.

But one thing he had noticed…that was her fear.

What was…..

"DADA,"

Hearing the voice of his sister, his thoughts broke. Saptarshi looked to his right  to see Sanchita standing beside him with a frown of confusion on her face.

"What?" He asked her.

"Where are you lost? I am calling you last five minutes. " Sanchita said to him with a huff.

"Really? Five minutes? Did you observe it in a watch or what?" Saptarshi teased his sister. He was just trying to change the topic and distract her mind from his sudden change of mood and save himself from her questions regarding it.

"Very Funny. Now let's go…everyone is calling you…Commee." Sanchita said. Holding Saptarshi's hand ,she dragged him with her. Saptarshi chuckled ,seeing her behaviour.

" One daughter left our house." Biplob said with a sad smile on his lips.

Today in the evening, Kanika's bidaai was done. Everyone was crying their hearts  out as she was leaving her home..especially Kanika's parents. Aratrika also cried a lot when Kanika hugged her dearly.

Right now they are sitting on the roof after their dinner. Guests are sleeping in their rooms. Only the Mukherjee family, Promita, Pronoy and Mainak are here together.

"Yes, now we have two daughters. " Sudeshna said as she wiped her tears away.

"Why two? It's only Smita…do you think Aratrika's marriage is going to happen after all …?" Pronoy, Promita's husband, questioned and left his words hanging.

Aratrika looked down.

"Why not? Why can't her marriage happen? She is young, beautiful and perfect in everything…Who won't like a girl like her for their son?
She just made a mistake…it happens. That doesn't mean her life will remain like this only. She also deserves happiness." Binita said as she kept her hand on Aratrika's head.

Aratrika's eyes turned teary as she heard her mother's voice which was full of love unlike other days. She looked at her mother who smiled at her.

Happy tears pulled her eyes and she mentally thanked her God as God fulfilled her wish.

She wished to God to get love from her family after years and finally it happened.

It's not just today. It's happening from the time they came back home after celebrating Durga Puja. They apologised to her for behaving rudely with her, blackmailing her and every single thing.

Aratrika was so happy to gain her family's love but was upset as they apologised to her.

According to her they are elders and her family so it doesn't look nice if they apologise.

"Yes. That's true. Our Aratrika will also have a beautiful and happy life…you all will see that." Sudeshna said and hugged her from the side.

"Can I get a cup of tea? My head is paining. " Brijesh said as he messaged his head .

Aratrika nodded and was about to go when Binita stopped her.
"Aru, you take a rest. You already spent your morning in the kitchen today. Now you go and sleep. Tomorrow is your sister's reception.
So you need to save your energy and have a proper sleep. I am making the tea." Binita said with a smile.

Hearing the word "reception", Aratrika's smile wiped away. Her mind went back to the wedding when she ignored Saptarshi. As his expectant and eager  face which later turned into a sad one came to her mind, her heart clenched in pain.

Gulping down the lump in her throat, she blinked her eyes to stop her tears. Looking at her mother, she put on a small smile.

"You don't need to go downstairs. Your knees will start paining again. You sit here, I am bringing tea for everyone. Then I will sleep."

Saying this ,she turned around and walked out of the door of the terrace. Climbing down the stairs, She went straight to the kitchen.

As soon as she reached there, she rested her back on the wall and closed her eyes. A tear rolled down her cheek and soon she started to sob her heart out.

Her heart was screaming at her for hurting him. But her mind said otherwise to which she agreed, shutting her heart completely.

"No…no. I will not cry anymore. I am doing the right thing. I am not perfect for him…in fact I don't deserve him. He is a great soul who deserves someone who is the best and pure….not me who is already tainted.
I need to avoid him for his own sake…I have to avoid him so that he forgets me.
Yes…yes…I am doing the thing which is right for him. I am sorry ,Saptarshi…but I have to." Aratrika said to herself as she wiped her tears.

She knows that he holds strong feelings for her which he is unaware of till now.

But that is dangerous.

Before his feelings grow more and her heart also starts to get weak for him, she needs to control everything for both of their sake…especially his.

It is tough for her…no no not tough , actually it is very tough for her to ignore him …but she has to do it and she is determined this time.

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

Next update will be on Thursday

Thanks for reading.

Please do Vote, Comment and Share.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro