57. Dinner and Drama

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author's pov

"Ahaa, ki sundor gondho asche!! (Wow!!! A beautiful smell is coming out.)" Sanchita said as she entered the kitchen where Aratrika was cooking and Saptarshi was there with her.

He wanted to help her but Aratrika had strictly forbidden him to do so.

Aratrika smiled and said, "It's almost done."

"Trust me,the kitchen is the best place to sit during winter." Sanchita said as she sat on the kitchen counter.
( Author's note : If you guys have forgotten, let me remind you ,it's happening during the month of December. )

"I agree." Saptarshi said . Aratrika turned off the burner as it was done.

"Dada, tui seriously ekhane e boumoni ke help e korchis toh!!!! Nki kitchen romance er fantasy puron korchis? (Dada, are you seriously helping Boudi here? Or you are fulfilling your fantasy of the kitchen romance !!!)" Sanchita said with a teasing smile.

Aratrika's face turned red whereas Saptarshi looked at his sister with an open mouth in shock. Seeing their faces, Sanchita started to laugh.

It's so fun to tease the siblings, irrespective of the age difference.

" You…you go and call everyone for dinner. Don't forget that I am older than you. " Saptarshi warned her. Still there was some playfulness in his tone.

"It doesn't matter. We are siblings and it's my right to tease you..that's what matters." Saying this with a wink, Sanchita went out to call everyone.

Saptarshi smirked as he looked at the flustered face of Aratrika. He said, " Or idea ta Kintu kharap noi. Ki bolo?(Her idea is not bad. What do you say?)"

Hearing him, she looked at him with wide eyes and her face turned more red.

"I think I should take the food to the table." Saying this she left the kitchen to set the table.

Saptarshi smiled,shaking his head.

Everyone gathered in the dining room and settled down for dinner.

"Hmmm….smells very nice." Siddhartha commented, making Aratrika smile.

"Where is your brother, Sanchita?" Piyali asked as she didn't find him.

"He was…there he is." Sanchita was about to say that he was here only but when he spotted him on the stairs she pointed towards the direction.

Saptarshi came and stood beside Aratrika.

"Why are you standing? Come and sit here." Lolita said to him in confusion.

"I will but after serving you all." He said to her. Lolita and Piyali looked at each other. Siddhartha, Sanonda smiled whereas Sanchita winked at her brother.

"I think your wife is capable enough to serve food. It's her duty. " Piyali said .

"Please you sit. I can do it." Aratrika whispered to Saptarshi.

Saptarshi ignored her.

" It's everyone's duty…not only a wife's. She has cooked all these for us so I decided to serve the food. Because that's what I have promised her when I married her that I will take care of her." He replied ,looking at his wife. Love was shining in his eyes which made her blush.

Before Piyali could open her mouth ,Sanonda said , "Then serve…I am dying in hunger. "

Saptarshi smiled. He told Aratrika to sit down but she denied.  He sighed ,seeing her stubbornness .

They both decided to serve dinner.

"Wow, Koraishutir Kochuri  r Aloor Dum…eto Amader favourite. (Peas kochuri and Dum Aloo …these are our favourite. )" Siddhartha said gleefully. Sanonda nodded.
Aratrika smiled.

Koraishutir Kochuri with Aloor dum

Siddhartha looked at Piyali to see her looking at the kochuris in awe but as soon as she felt his gaze on her, she looked away. He stifled his laughter, seeing her cuteness. He knew how much Piyali loved these kochuris.

"Before that , there is a starter as well ." Saptarshi said and opened the lid of the next bowl.

"Dim er Devil." Sanchita said ,Licking her lips. "Boumoni, you are too good." She said and threw a flying kiss at her. Aratrika giggled.

Egg Devil

[ Author's note:-
Koraishutir kochuri is a deep-fried, puffy bread, stuffed with a filling of mildly spiced, hing-infused green peas or ‘koraishutir’.

Alur dom is the Bengali avatar of the popular Indian dish of spicy curried potatoes, commonly known as 'aloo dum' or 'dum aloo'

Dimer devil aka dimer chop (egg devil) is a non-vegetarian version of chop recipe where cylindrical shaped chop mixture is breaded and deep fried till crispy and golden brown. It is mostly prepared in two different ways. The regular one is prepared using spicy potato mixture and boiled eggs.

Pictures and detailed description Source : Pinterest and Google.]

The dinner was served along with the dessert which was Rosomalai (Rasmalai).

Rosomalai

"Torao Bose por. (You guys also sit.)" Sanonda said. They also sat down and served each other.

Everyone started to eat.

" Darun darun …puro jome geche. (It's delicious. )" Sanchita said.

"I agree ..it's too good." Sanonda said and Siddhartha also praised her.

"Maa, Masi, tomra kichu bolbe nah? (Mother, aunt ,Won't you say anything?)"  Siddhartha asked them.

Though Aratrika wanted to know what they felt about her cooking, she didn't try to look at them .

"You cooked really well. " Lolita said to Aratrika who looked at her and nodded awkwardly.

Now everyone's eyes went on Piyali who was eating silently.

"It's nice ." Piyali said. Saptarshi smiled. Finally she praised her. Aratrika smiled widely in happiness and relief.

Now she can say that the day was spent in a wonderful manner.

Next day

It is 7pm in the evening.

Aratrika was completing the rest of her work. Day after tomorrow she was going to join back .

When she was busy with her work, Saptarshi entered her room. He smiled ,looking at her and sat beside her.

" Tumi kokhon ele? (When did you come?)" Aratrika asked him with a smile as she looked at him.

Saptarshi went to the police station for some emergency after having lunch.

"Just now." He said. "Let me freshen up." He said and she nodded. He went back to his room and Aratrika concentrated on her work to finish it.

After 10 minutes he came back to her room. Aratrika had completed her work by then.

"Done?" He asked her as he saw her switching off his laptop.

"Yes, I am done," She said with a smile.

"So, did you… " Before he could ask her something, they heard a commotion.

"Niche kemon checha mechi hochche nah!! (Isn't there  commotion in downstairs?)" Aratrika asked him in confusion.

Saptarshi nodded.

"Cholo gie dekhi (Let's go and see.)" He said .

They both went downstairs.

Some minutes ago,

Siddhartha, Sanonda, Lolita and Piyali were in the living room. They were drinking tea.

Lolita and Sanonda could feel the tension between the husband and wife.

"Siddhartha Da, please just because of Aratrika,don't stay angry at Piyali…she only wants the best for her son." Lolita said. She had seen how her sister was upset due to Siddhartha's ignorance and anger towards her.

" Who told you that I am angry with her because of Aratrika? I am angry at her because of her mentality and the mental harassment and verbal abuse she did to the girl who wasn't at fault.
And Saptarshi is also my son and I know what makes him happy. But unfortunately your sister's mind is filled with so many prejudices against  Aratrika that she can't see beyond that. " Siddhartha said in a calm tone. Piyali turned her face to the other side.

"One Day you will understand …I hope you won't lose anything by then." He said to her. Maybe his words or his tone touched something inside her which made her look at him.

"Give some time to her ,Bhai. " Sanonda said to her brother who nodded.

They fell into silence.

All of a sudden , a voice broke the silence.

" Saptarshi, Aunty,how could you do this to me?"

Hearing the high-pitched sound,they stood up and turned towards the main door.

There Sreetoma was standing along with her sister Tanusree.

"Sreetoma, you are here!!!" Piyali asked, surprised. She looked at Sanonda because last time Sreetoma insulted Sanonda and this time Piyali didn't want to repeat that. Sanonda blinked her eyes to assure her that she was okay.

"Yes, I am. Surprisingly you didn't try to inform me that Saptarshi has married." Sreetoma said . She was trying hard to cool herself down.

Soon they heard some footsteps.

Saptarshi, Aratrika and Sanchita were climbing down the stairs, hearing the commotion.

"Wow, Saptarshi, Congrats..You got married …How could you do this to me?" Sreetoma asked dramatically.

Aratrika looked at the girl who looked sad but angry in astonishment.

"Who is she? Why is she sad? " She  asked herself.

"Maybe a relative." Her heart answered.

" But the way she is asking him the question, it makes her look anything but relative….what if she is Saptarshi's ex-girlfriend!!!" Her mind said to her.

The question itself made her heart sink in sadness.

How's the chapter?

Let me know.

Next update will be on Tomorrow.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank you for reading.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro