26 ◉Unwanted Guest

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next morning, Haider couldn't concentrate as he exercised. He kept recollecting Alina's horrified expressions and would mentally curse himself.

He climbed down the treadmill and hung a towel around his neck. As he wiped his sweaty face with the end of the towel, AK stood at the door informing him that someone has come. Before Haider could respond, a young adult woman hurried into the room with open arms.

'Big Brother!' She greeted with a zealous scream. Haider's face lit with a bright smile as he hugged the petite girl. They parted soon and he placed a protective arm around his sister. They walked together, - 'So, how is your university going, Hania?' He enquired looking at her with his head tilted a little. Hania hummed wrapping an arm around his waist. Then, she scrunched her nose and pushed him away.

'Hey, big brother. First, have a bath, you stink like a sunk.' She commented pinching her nose. Haider let out a hearty laugh and patted her shoulder.

'You surprised me when I wasn't ready, baby sister.' He said.

'I am not a baby?' She whined. Haider's smile dropped when Hania informed there was someone else waiting for him downstairs.

He showered and got dressed in a crisp grey suit. Whilst buttoning his cuffs and then, pulling up his black tie, his legs swiftly and mindlessly climbed down the fleet of stairs. There was an instant halt in his steps when his gaze fell over a tall, slim fit middle-aged woman; her back to him. She was draped in silver and purple banarasi saree, her Mehendi red-streaked hair tied in a neat low bun touching her nape. She pulled the edge of her Pallu and rested it against her waist. Haider gulped, grabbing the cold Marble railing.

'Ammi—Ammi—help me—don't leave me!'

'What kind of behavior is this, Haider? -- I am the bride, yet I am running around looking for you. Have you any idea what people are talking about?'

Haider clenched it tighter, he could feel a tight lump in his throat. After contemplating, he took quick steps hoping he would just slip out of the house without being noticed. As he leaped from the last step, the woman turned and caught him.

'Haider.' She called in a soft feminine voice. He closed his eyes and clenched his fists. Not turning around, he straightened and let out a breath. A moment later, he felt her warm palm on his shoulder and he inwardly cringed.

'You are going without meeting your mother, Haider.' She interrupted sharply. Ignoring her, Haider called out to AK and thrust his briefcase to him.

'Get Gopi to take out the car. I am getting late.' He commanded angrily and without glancing back he took a step, but his mother grabbed his arm tightly, stopping him in his tracks.

Uzma walked around him and stood in front, still grasping his elbow tightly. Slowly, Haider looked at her. Even at this age, she looked stunningly beautiful and young. He recollected her saying once, when he was a young child, that she had him when she had just stepped into her twenties. Perhaps, she didn't want him then. Pushing aside the bitter memory he stared at his mother. His eyes were dry and devoid of any emotion.

'What behavior is this, Haider.' She spoke exasperatingly clenching on her three-layered gold beaded necklace. Haider gently moved his arm from her grip.

'I am getting late for work, Mrs. Zaidi.' He replied coldly and walked past her. Uzma watched him go away with tears brimming in her eyes. After he walked out of the villa, she let out a shaky breath.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Alina stepped out of her room dressed in a dusky pink pantsuit. She glanced at her watch and then towards the bedroom. She sighed recollecting that Meera was still pissed at her. Ignoring her friend, she sat on the couch and wore open toe stiletto. Just as she opened the main door, she gasped loudly seeing a man standing on the other side.

'Haider!' She exclaimed with her palm over her chest. Haider removed his sunglasses and looked seriously at her.

'May I come in, Miss. Alina?' He asked politely. Alina nodded and stepped aside. He tugged his sunglasses into the chest pocket of his blazer and walked in. They stood by the double couch. Haider tapped his fingers at the back of the sofa, he looked at it briefly and then at her. Alina stared back with confidence, she felt bolder from last night.

'I am here to apologize for last night. I crossed a line and I am genuinely sorry.' He reached out for her hand but retracted, - 'Let me make it up to you. Can you come with me?' He asked and looked hopefully at her. Alina looked away, biting the corner of her mouth. Then, she nodded. Haider looked pleased, he gestured her to walk out of the door.

Haider drove them to a posh suburban which had many high-class villas and mansions. Alina looked clueless as she stared out of the window. She blinked at him as he stopped in front of a white luxurious villa that hid behind tall walls. Haider stepped down the door, Alina fumbled for a moment, unbuckling her seat and then quickly climbed down the car. The building up suspense fueled her curiosity. She glanced around with full focus as they walked in front of the car and Haider looked at her while she admired the villa.

'How is this, Villa?' He asked. She sighed with a smile and looked at him.

'It is beautiful.' She praised genuinely. Haider kept looking at her and dug his palm into his pockets. He pulled out few keys and forwarded it to her.

'Now, it is yours.' He said calmly. Alina's jaw dropped and eyes widened. For a moment, she thought her ears were ringing.

"Now, it is yours." – She froze momentarily, her mind refusing to believe what he just said. It had to be a joke. This Villa must have cost a lot, a lot of money, probably millions and he was just gifting it to her? She continued to gape at him, dumbly, with eyebrows raised.

Haider took her hand and placed the keys on her palm and curled her fingers in a fist.

'Are you kidding me?' Alina eyed the keys with a greedy gaze. Haider shook his head, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

'I don't joke, Miss. Alina. I am serious. I brought this Villa for you.' He informed and led her towards the gate. There was a guard in a small room with glass. He had a mike and a TV screen with many windows showing every view of the Villa. The guard glanced at them through the glass window and nodded upon seeing Haider.

The lawn was well maintained, Haider told her how he had gotten gardeners to prepare the garden for her. There weren't many flowers, just shrubs, trees, and bushes. The seeds have been laid and the gardeners that Haider hired will look after the maintenance of the garden. Alina's gaze fell over a wooden ethnic and long swing under a wooden roof with large black vases on the four sides with beautiful flowers in them. She looked around with an unabashed gaze until Haider guided her away.

They walked through an elaborate, delicate beautiful Teak wood double door. Alina drew in a sharp breath appreciating the luxurious villa. Next to the main door, there was a waterfall with spotlights, the water collecting in a long white tub which had many pebble stones and some goldfish. Alina looked at Haider and he just smiled back. He was content that she was liking it far. Her eyes and exhilarated expressions gave him immense satisfaction. Haider stepped away from her and clapped his hands. Within minutes two maids came and stood beside each other. One was dressed in floral chiffon saree and the other one was dressed in Chicken-Kari salwar suit.

'Miss. Alina. She is Revathi,'- he gestured towards the saree clad woman, - 'and she is Farhana.'- The salwar suit woman greeted them, - 'Farhana will be with you twenty-four-seven, her family is settled in the servants quarters which is in the next building. Revathi is the cook, she will leave in the evening.' Haider informed her. Alina nodded and smiled at the women.

The Villa, much like Haider's, was well lit with natural lighting mostly with tall, life-size glass windows. The entrance led to a living room. There was a huge chandelier under that were wood brown luxurious sofa set facing the life-size French window that opened into the backyard. Alina walked towards it and looked outside; the grass was mowed with bushes trimmed. There were small white, tall fountains. A slow grin appeared on her face. She turned around and hurried to Haider. She grabbed his arm and looked wide-eyed at him, - 'All this is mine?' Still, she couldn't fathom this expensive luxurious Villa was all hers, her property.

Haider nodded, grasping her shoulders protectively, - 'Yes, my love.' He said.

'Can I get Meera here with me?' She blurted out and then bit her tongue. Haider's smile dropped but he managed to stay calm.

'Are you guys in talking terms again?'  He asked in a dead-pan tone. Alina lowered her head and sighed sadly. He held her shoulder tighter and raised her face with his fingers, - 'Don't think about those ungrateful, rude people who call themselves your friend.' He said softly, keenly observing her expressions. Alina fidgeted with her fingers and shrugged.

- 'I don't know what happened to Meera and Mikael all of a sudden.' She looked sadly at him.

'Forget them. They are just jealous.' He said and smirked. When she looked at him, he fixed his expressions. Alina sighed and nodded, she looked sadly at her fingers.

Haider patted her shoulder and informed her, while she will be at work, her belongings will be shifted here, and Mr. Agarwal has been paid. Alina blinked stupidly at him.

After she composed herself, she shook her head slowly, - 'No, no. Haider, you shouldn't have paid for the rent and this—I don't—this is not right.'

Haider chuckled, - 'you are my girlfriend, and this is my way of pampering you. And if the rent is bothering you, then I will cut it from your salary.

'And this Villa too. I can't take such an expensive gift.' She added. To this Haider laughed heartedly. After his laughter died out, he let out a breath and cupped her face gently.

'Trust me, love. You won't be able to afford this. Just forget this, okay.' He placed his hands on her shoulder. Alina felt mind boggled. She liked expensive luxurious stuff but being gifted like this didn't seem right. Then, she ran her gaze through the villa and felt her intension corrupting. Haider was right, she wouldn't be able to afford all this with just her salary. If she doesn't spend a penny till her retirement, then she could; maybe.

After exploring the Villa, Haider drove them to work. Alina was very excited to share this development with Meera and Mikael but seeing their cold behavior, she dropped the idea. Also, she was reminded of Haider's words,

- 'They are just jealous.'

Okay,

What are your thoughts, guys? Is Haider's gesture romantic? Creepy? Manipulative? Not right? Drop your thoughts and opinions in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and Kisses*

Since the last ten days of Ramadan is going on, some days I might skip an update. Sorry for the inconvenience in advance.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro