Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It's been a year and a half since Joy helped me out. She gave me a place to live and a job.

I work at Hamilton Hotel as a Maid and I make enough money to survive with my one year old son.

Every month I give Joy money for living in the condo she kindly let me stay in.

At first she refused the money and when I told her that I don't take hand outs she told me the amount she'll take from me, which wasn't much.

She told me that I had a shitty start to life and that I deserved to have a break.

When I first started at Hamilton Hotel I had no idea what a maid did and she trained me to do the work.

Now, I'm happy to do the job even though sometimes it's a disgusting when people puke all over the floor and leave shit on the toilet bowl.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean up that mess.

A couple of times I had to discard used condoms that a guy had lying all over the room.

Once I had a guy leave me a thousand dollar tip with a note that said.

Dear Maid,
             I'm sorry for the mess that I made. Here's a tip for cleaning everything up.

Underneath it was an envelope that had the cash in it. I put the envelope in my uniform.

Before I finished that shift I showed the note to Joy and she laughed.

She told me that she's never seen that before.

It wasn't the last time that I got a huge tip like that at Hamilton Hotel.

The guy continued to come back and leave a note each time.

For some reason he asked to stay in the same room all the time and it happened to be the floor that I clean all the time.

Joy gave me the presidential suit and other rooms on the top floors to clean. She told me that she could trust me over the other maids that works here.

I pull my Nissan Versa into the workers parking lot at Hamilton Hotel. I look at my son and say. "Are you ready to Joy?"

He claps his hands and says. "Joy, Joy," he really likes her.

She's been out saving grace and I wouldn't have the things I do now if it wasn't for the kindness she shows everyone.

It's a shame she had been through a shitty life herself with parents that couldn't care about.

Her husband Jensen saved her from all the mental abuse she received from her parents, who turned out not to be her real parents at all.

She told me her story one night when we had coffee at my place.

I met her friend and co worker Grace when she showed up unexpectedly at Hamilton Hotel.

Joy used to work at Hamilton Co as the CEO, but she wanted a change from the office that she decided to spent time at the hotel and she loved the work she could provide there.

She gave her friend a promotion and her husband Jensen became more involved with her company.

They're a great duo doing great things for Los Angeles.

"Momma," my son holds his arms out to me and I unbuckle him from his booster.

I pick up the bag that has his diapers, bottles of milk in it. I put it over my shoulder and then lift my son out of the booster. "Let's go and see Auntie Joy, Ayden."

I shut the door to the car and lock it before o head inside the building.

As soon as I enter the employees door Joy is there and she greets me. "Good morning, Harlow." She takes the bag from me making it easier for me to carry Ayden. "Jensen is in the play room with Savannah and Braxton. They won't let their father go. He doesn't want to leave them either."

We walk down the hall and I put my stuff in my locker.

Then I follow Joy to the kids club at the hotel.

Ayden spends a lot of his time playing with kids his age. He's even taken a liking to Joy's son Braxton.

After my shift it takes me an hour to get away from the kids club as Ayden doesn't want to leave his friend.

I enter the kids club and I see Jensen on the floor with his kids sitting on top of him.

Putting Ayden on the ground. He crawls over to Jensen and joins the kiss on top of their father.

Sometimes I wish that Ayden could do that with his father.

I walk over to Ayden and I kiss his chubby cheek. "Mommy has to get to work. I will see you after my shift."

Ayden watches me walk out the door and I blow him a kiss as I walk away.

I head to the top floor of Hamilton Hotel and I walk into the janitors closet and pull out my cart and cleaning supplies.

Putting everything in the cart I head straight to my first room and begin to clean.

I clean the windows first and then move onto cleaning the lamp and the bedside table.

Pulling the sheets up on the bed I see a condom stuck on the sheets and it's sticky.

I grab a tissue and wrap it in that before placing it in the bin.

Moving to the bathroom I see vomit on the floor and around the toilet seat.

I begin to heave at the smell.

Walking back to my cart I grab some air freshner and spray the room.

It helps manage to keep the smell out of my nose as I quickly clean the bathroom.

Before I leave the room I put a mint on the pillow.

I discard the blue gloves that I wear as I clean every room.

Exiting the room I see a guy make his way in my direction and he smiles. "Hey, baby. Thanks for cleaning my room. I'll leave you a tip tomorrow." He walks into the room.

I won't hold my breath to him leaving me a tip. A lot of guys use the same line on me and they never leave a thing.

I'm not that easy for these guys to get. I learnt my lesson when it comes to rich guys that spend Daddy's money.

Theo still doesn't know about Ayden.

The rest of his family however do. I called them once I was settled in the condo that Joy gave me and I told them I was having Theo's child and they were excited.

They visit us a lot and they spoil Ayden rotten.

Once when they visited they brought me things and I told them that I couldn't take it. I also told them that I don't accept handouts, but if they wanted to buy things for their Grandson and nephew it was fine with me.

This weekend Theo's family wants to take Ayden and I to Disneyland.

I agreed to it as it would be a nice change to what we normally do which is stay at home watching cartoons or going to the park with Joy and her kids.

I apologise for any mistakes in this chapter. I've taken some strong pain killers that's making me sleepy, but I wanted to post this before I go to bed.

Sometimes it sucks being a woman, especially when it's that time of month. I either get really bad headaches that last a couple of days or backpain.

I will go through this chapter tomorrow and clean up any mistakes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro