Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aesa nahi k mere bulane se aagaya,

Wo reh nahi saka tou bahane se aagaya!

Saboohi

I fiddled with my fingers. My eyes darting to stare at Jahan's figure as he washed the car. At some point calmness had made its way to my soul. And how can it not. I had found my soulmate. But not a month and two weeks ago when Jahan married me. But just last night when he confessed that he wanted to be.

And I still felt the remnants of last night lingering over my skin. The way his arms snaked around me and how he pulled me closer, had sent my heart on frenzy. I wasn't even prepared, I wasn't even strong enough to match his emotions. I still felt his fingers twisting in my hair and his breath fanning over my cheeks. His kiss- it was a promise, a sought out secret, and so much more I couldn't process. His touch was gentle and fierce, ice and flame, solid and liquid all at once. And I found myself weak in his embrace.

He had a dangerous effect on me. One that could break me and hate me at the same time. And I felt the butterflies burst my abdominal walls because of much they tingled me. And my hands were as eager as him as I held onto him for the sake of my sanity. If it wasn't for his strong arms supporting me, I would have fallen on my butt from his intoxicating touch.

He had granted me my first kiss and I swore the feeling of it was surreal and beautiful, one that couldn't be perfectly defined in cliche novels. It was just so unspoken and unrevealed details that made it more beautiful.

I didn't realize I was squealing until my own voice cringed against my ears. Moving away from the wall length windows, I fell back on the bed. The feeling of darkness looming over me again as I thought of the serious matter at hand.

Jahan had become distant again and I knew it was because of last night, because of Alamdar. I was a little heart broken knowing that I was at fault too but what occured at Alamdar's place had made my heart sink. My limps had turn cold as Alamdar intimidated me played with my hair. I was shocked and most of all fearful. It felt like I was being assaulted, humiliated. If it weren't for Jahan intruding at the correct time, maybe I would have gotten myself into trouble.

And now I was to bear Jahan's anger, something I didn't want to do. His words had melted my heart. And I wanted to give in with him. I already felt myself falling for him. And I didn't want him to feel like I was shared. He himself told me so. But first I had to convince it to him that I wasn't going to astray in the future. Never again.

I had repented for what I did. I didn't want to include anymore jeopardy into my life. I couldn't risk my heart again.

And I wanted to prove my loyalty to him. To Jahan. He was a man of few words around me but it wasn't hard to guess his mood swings. And as my feelings grew, I didn't want any misunderstanding in between.

I stood up from the bed, the guilt of the 'not said sorry' pushing against my shoulder blades as I left the bedroom and descended the stairs. The front door was half open as the man worked outside and my heart thudded in my chest cavity as I easily made my way to the kitchen. My hands reaching to the drawer as I pulled it open.

Jahan

I soaked the cloth in the small bucket filled with water before withdrawing it and squeezing it so the excess water drained out. My tongue darted out as I concentrated on scrubbing the tires. The rain and rough weather had destroyed my car. And on this pleasant day, I wanted nothing but to scrub all dirt off it.

Heavy footsteps sound on the wood of the porch and I look up, seeing an anxious Saboohi stand there. Her bright eyes are filled with worry and her hands keep rubbing the sleeves of her long shirt. Pulling the long sleeves till her knuckles, again and again. I give her a quick glance before carrying in with my work. I feel the woman step down the porch and her boots protest against the dried golden yellow leaves are scatter all over our small parking space.

The feel of her eyes makes me uncomfortable and as I scrub the rubber I ask,

" Do you need something?"

When she doesn't answers, I look up seeing her timidly shake her head. I go back to finishing off my work but her presence keeps distracting me.

" Jahan."

She calls out softly and I glanced up her. Letting my eyes waver on her.

" Yes Saboohi."

I sighed out as she shifted on her feet. Her eyes averted from mine and she mumbled out.

" I am sorry."

I let my eyes roam from her face to her hand as she pulled her sleeve up. Her eyes fixed on me as I frowned seeing the woman turn her forearm so that it was supinated. My lips parted seeing the various cuts on her skin. My knees turned into jelly as I stood up from my crouched place. My eyes growing large. Seeing the clear words on her skin.

J A H A N

She had carved my name on her hand. And a wisp of gasp left my lips as the cloth and sponge fell from between my hold.

" Saboohi."

My voice dripped with dread as I rushed over to her. Holding her cold hand, I looked down seeing her skin stretched and bloodied with the engraving over it.

" What have you done? Are you out of your mind?"

I shouted seeing the woman gasp as tears brimmed her eyes.

" No, Jahan I am sorry-"

Letting her trail off I pulled her other arm and dragged her inside. Setting her on the stool, I rushed to the cabinets as I looked carefully through them. Trying to find the first aid box. Cold shivers ran down my spine and beautiful profanities left my mouth as I pulled out the box and rushed to her side again. The woman looked at me with pained expressions as I angry slammed the box on the table and retrieved out the alcohol swabs and anti bacterial liquid from it.

" Jahan."

She gasped as I pressed the soft cotton on her bloodied forearm. My own fingers trembled as I tried to work on the wounds with utmost care.

" Did you really need to do this?"

I hissed. My eyes not flattering from her hand as I cleaned it. Seeing how she had managed to carve my letters. She leaned against the island and looked at me. Her gaze falling on me.

" You were angry so-"

My eyes snapped to hers and she stopped. Tucking her lips into her mouth as her large eyes looked at me in bewilderment. I sighed loudly, taking more cotton, I rubbed the anti bacterial liquid over her skin carefully. Soaking another cotton in tincture, I caressed it over her arm. Her skin was red and tore, the sliced parts showing the pink flesh hidden under. And I cleaned it all feeling my own but clench at her ministrations. All the while feeling her butterscotch eyes on me.

I sat down on the stool before her and reached for the bandage. My eyes flickered to her for a second seeing her lips curved into a smile. My head shaking.

" You could have gotten an infection and you know after that the doctors would have amputated your whole arm."

I said trying to scare her but my attempts went in vain as she laughed. Making my eyes look at her as she reached her other arm to cup my cheek.

" For someone who betrayed Jahangir Ali Khan, this should be the punishment. An amputated arm."

I shook my head as I wrapped the bandage around her forearm. Her warm hand remained on my cheek, lightly caressing my gruff skin.

" I am so sorry Jahan. I was so confused. Desperate. I thought papa made the wrong decision. I thought I'd never get acceptance in your eyes. But I was wrong. I am so sorry."

She leaned closer and I looked up. My clenched jaw easing up seeing her warm eyes. I really was a little mad at her for what had occured in the past few days and I knew she wasn't to be given all the blame. We all were messed up in our own little bubble.

" Jahan, this would be a promise to my loyalty, I swear."

She flicked her eyes to her bandaged arm and spoke softly and I nodded.

" But you would never attempt something like this ever again. Your not a teenager."

I warned keeping away the left over bandage and cotton. She nodded before giving me a grin.

" I won't."

I turned to her as she stared at me.

" Are you hungry?"

I asked. She leaned in and planted her lips against mine. My widened eyes closed down soon but she pulled away. Her flushed face greeting me as she rubbed her thumb along my jaw. Her head rested on my shoulder as she held my arm. Warmth filling me.

" I deserved that kiss."

I chuckled hearing her giggle. Standing up from the stool, I extended my hand to her. Seeing Saboohi's eyes look expectantly. I pulled her up the stairs.

" Are we playing friends with benefits?"

She asked as we climbed the stairs. Making me groan and chuckle at the same time.

" Saboohi."

Hours later, with legs tangled together we stared up at the ceiling. Saboohi and I had taken a nap and as the sun rays flashed over the ceiling we stared at them. My arm was under her head as she rested on it. And a few minutes before she had whispered to be the planet thingy she had in her imagination. We had fallen silent after that, listening to our breathing and heart beats.

" I want to go back."

She whispered and I tilted my head just a little so that I could see her face. She blinked and I felt her stiffen.

" Rubi and your mom-"

" I miss Khan dada, Dadi Gul Jan, Afaaf, Mohid, Faraal and General Sahb and aunty Serina."

She said cutting me off and I smiled as she took everyone's name.

" We'll go back whenever you say."

She hummed and adjusted a little. Her eyes looking up at me. And I could see the swirling in her orbs as wheels turned in her head.

" Lets go back tomorrow morning."

I nodded. I felt the uncomfortable silence that flooded over us this time. And I looked at Saboohi and rose an eyebrow.

" Saboohi, what is it?" I coaxed softly seeing her chin wobble at my tone.

" Will you be there when I meet them?"

She asked in a soft whisper and my heart shook at her innocent question. I knew who she was talking about. And I let my hands softly caress her thick strands.

" I would be besides you. And I'll hold your hand tight."

I spoke not even realizing what I was saying. But did I regret it? No. I wanted to ask her what she was afraid of but instead I turned the question not wanting to dwell over something she didn't like talking about.

" How was your childhood?"

Her eyes lit up as she laid on her back and extended her arms up.

" Hmm I was a very mischievous child and I loved toys. Probably I was a jealous kid and so papa paid more attention to me to prevent me from getting into fights. And I loved science and astronomy-"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. But cut her off.

" No Saboohi, you liked architecture and history."

Her sharp eyes turned to me and she frowned. Propping herself on her elbows she pouted.

" No I didn't. Who told you that?"

I chuckled yet again.

" Mirza Sahib did."

Her eyes rounded in realization and she averted her eyes. Her hands making lazy circles on my thin sweater.

" Well it was moma's idea that we wouldn't tell you anything about my past condition. In fear that you might reject me."

I quirked my eyebrow and reached my hand to push back the strands that covered her eyes and forehead.

" I wouldn't have rejected you for this reason."

Her eyes shot to me and she sat up.

" Really?"

She asked unsure. And I nodded. Saboohi hummed and licked her lips.

" On what reason you would have rejected me?"

She asked, her eyes dancing in mirth and I smirked and folded my arms across my broad chest. Looking nonchalant, I spoke.

" Well, there are thousands of other reasons."

The woman gasped and I chuckled. But she attacked me with her fingers, tickling my stomach. I wiggled on my place. Our hearty laughter filling the room. She was devilish when it came to tickling. At last getting a hold of her hands, I pulled her forward. So that she was mere away from my lap. Our heavy breathing cutting off our laughter. Her hair splayed against her shoulder as she looked down at me with the grin.

My heart warmed up seeing so much happiness on her. She leaned down and I effortlessly pulled her into my arms, allowing her to wrap her arms around my neck. My eyes flicked her to bandaged arm before it disappeared behind me.

" Saboohi promise me you'll never attempt something stupid again."

I spoke against her warm hoodie clad shoulder. She looked up at me and groaned.

" Geez, I am not very good at promises."

I let my chin rest over her head and spoke. Reminding her of the promise I silently made to her before our wedding.

" I made one promise to you too. You owe me one now."

She groaned yet again and nuzzled against my chest.

" I promise, my dear husband."

" Woah."

The man greeted, the corner of his mouth lifting up as he grinned. Opening the heavy doors more for us.

"Hi to you too."

I said giving him a brotherly embrace. Saboohi giggled from besides me as the man threw her a cheesy grin. We stepped closer and inside the haveli. The familiar warmth of my home enclosing around me.

" Hey where are the kids?"

My large eyes snapped to Bazid seeing him look out of the door and to us then.

" Whose kids?"

This time Saboohi asked confused and I mentally face palmed myself. Bazid looked fake hurt as he spoke.

" Your kids. I thought you guys were returning after such a long time so you'll bring your babies as well."

He crossed his arms across his chest and smirked. Saboohi blushed from head to toe and walked past us. Whilst I reached towards the man and wrapped my arm around his neck as he protested loudly. Dragging him along with me, we moved into the large hall seeing Dadi Gul Jan and Khan dada seated. While a chirping Afaaf hugged my wife.

I greeted my grandparents and soon we were all seated around the large dining table. Everything was laugh and talks as Zaryaab and Bazid left no chance in pulling my leg. By the end of dinner, Saboohi cheeks were puffed red from all the laughter and I was flushed with embarrassment. Sadly mom and dad had moved back to their home and so we missed them.

The next day it was early morning that Saboohi said she was ready to go to her father's place. And when we informed the elders, Dadi Gul Jan and Afaaf were grim as they hugged the woman into warmth.

I pulled up before the familiar gates of her house. And turned off the engine. My eyes automatically flickering towards the woman besides me.

" Jahan. I don't think I can do this."

She spoke in a broken whisper. Turning to face me in her seat.

" Saboohi, I am right besides you. Nothing is going to happen-"

" I haven't seen my sister in years. She'd have so many accusation to say to me. I don't think I can face her. You don't know her. Papa's demise would also fall over my shoulders. She wouldn't blink before rubbing it in my face-"

" Shsh"

I silenced her, brushing away the thin stream of tears that left her beautiful eyes. She reached forward and held my hand.

" Please let's go back."

I shook my head at her.

" Saboohi, calm down. Nothing is going to happen. We'll go meet your mom and if you wouldn't like we'll leave immediately but we cannot quit from just outside the doors."

I coaxed seeing her large eyes turn to stare at the door and then back to me. She leaned back against the seat and gulped.

" I don't even want to go inside knowing papa wouldn't be there to greet me."

My heart clenched at her words and I tightened my fingers around hers.

" We're in this together, okay!"

She nodded her head before wiping away the tears. We unbuckled our seat belts before making our way to the door. I offered Saboohi a smile before ringing the bell. Seconds later, the door rattled before it was pulled open.

We were in this together!

God! I feel so guilty when I don't update on time! And so I have four pending updates that makes me behind on my schedule!

Also there's some surprise coming your way soon! 😀❤

I hope you guys like the chapter! Loving how their feelings are growing and so is their romance.

Drop down your comments in the comment section and I'll see you real soon! IN SHAA ALLAH!! ❤❤

Till then<

Love,

_Hafsa♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro