Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I wish I could explain how wonderful you are.
How I could look into your eyes and never get tired of their beauty.
How the sound of your voice gives me butterflies.
How seeing you walk in a room makes me smile.
How much you mean to me.
And how much I love you.
But you have me at a loss for words.
And even if I could find the words to tell you these things, it wouldn't come anywhere near to showing how much you mean to me.

Jahan

I knew I would find her here.

Leaning against the cold railings, I watched her as she moved against the ice expertly like a master in ballet. The black 3D flower motif skirt she wore with leggings, swishing against her thighs as she skated forward and then in circles. Her arms opening out on her sides as she danced in her own rhythm. Unaware of my amber eyes on her.

I was in awe how everything had settled, how I was graduating in two years. How I had started to earn, planning up my business. How everyone was happy. It just took a single call from her that had made me leave army and run back to her. But this was history now. Almost two years had passed since the day I came back home.

Today on my major insistence, Khan Dada and dad had set the wedding date. A week after, on a sunny Saturday. Although I was still in my degree program and so was Ronaq but we could study after our marriage as well. But my little bride was still unaware of this. And before sharing this news of our lives with her, I needed to something more important.

Propose to her.

I wanted to do something very special for her. And so I was here with a beautiful ring in my pocket. And seeing her ice dance in the vacant ice arena reminded me of all the childhood memories when we used to practice this. Ronaq was very enthusiastic about skating and we were young when our parents enrolled us into the only ice arena in swat. By our teenages we were expert in skating but Ronaq was a masterpiece. Her moves showed skills and raw passion for what she did.

I skated the way over to her, loving how the bleachers were empty and the lights were dimmed only allowing the lights to fall over in the rink. Silence all around us as she twirled beautifully. Ronaq didn't notice me until my hand slid to hers and I pulled her towards me.

" Hey!" She said breathlessly as we moved in slow twirls around each other.

" Hi!"

I smiled.

My palms settled on her sides as we waltzed against the ice. Seconds turned into minutes as I gazed at my soon to be wife in complete admiration and adoration.

" Wait- stop!" I said as we came to a stop. My breaths laboring. She grinned with her large eyes twinkling.

" You've gotten so better over the years." I rasped at her. She let out a short chuckle still twirling on her place. And I couldn't remember the last time I had stepped in here after my college.

" Thank you!" A blush spread against her snow white cheeks. Her lashes flustered. My heart beats were on frenzy as I held her hands and stood before her. Her curious eyes looking at me from under her thickly curled lashes. I gulped thickly down my throat and took a deep breath.

" Ronaq-"

" Yes!"

Her soft low voice travelling through eternities.

" I don't know from how long but as long as I can remember, I have always liked you. A lot. More than anything and I don't know what would I have done if you weren't in my life. And my thoughts scare me. And makes me want to do crazy stuff. I've always shared everything with you but this time I want a greater part of us to share together. I want to share my life with you, share all of me with me. Share my eternity with you. And share the biggest truth that hasn't left my lips all these years.

When I was coming here, I had so many incredible things to say to you. To make all of this special for you. But your presence makes it all so overwhelming that I am at a loss for words and I fear that what I am trying to put might just not turn up how I want it to be. But I can't back out now. I want to say so much to you. And most of all that I don't want one day in my life to miss you. I want you always besides me. Never away from me. Because this overwhelming emotions that you've caused in me have thought me to see things with a new perspective. You've thought me to live more brightly and without you, I cannot see things brighter. You are the brightness in my life. My everything-"

" Jahan-" her quivering lips whispered but I shook my head.

" Your tears would kill me. And I want to live with you. Wake up to your big brown eyes and beautiful face. I want to spend each minute of my life with you. Each moment either be it a dark day or a beautifully crazy day. I want all the time to know you. To read you. To explore things about you, you've never said to anyone. To see your eyes shine and lips curl. To see each day and each night with you. To hold you in my arms for eternity and protect you from anything that causes harm to even a hair on your head. I want to remember every tiny detail about you. I want to make you laugh and brush your tears away.

" I dont want to watch the television alone. I want you besides me, accompanying me. I don't want to eat ice cream anymore if it's without you. I dont want to have tea if it's not prepared by you. And no matter what maps you make of the rotis, I don't want anything but those maps made by you. I coukd eat them for eternity no matter how burnt they are."

A crinkle of laugh escaped her cherry lips despite of the swimming tears in her eyes and she averted her face. Taking to moment to pull herself together.

" I want to explore the world with you. Find you in places I've never been to. And see the dark ocean with you under the blanket of stars and talk nonsense to you at random two o'clock in the morning. And hold your hand whenever we walk any where. I want to strengthen in my Imaan with you and walk in Janat with you. The thing is you fill my life with Ronaq!"

I took a steady breath and bent down on my knee, Clasping her hand. Feeling a small gasp leave her lips and she looked down at me with large rounded eyes. The things I would do to her.

" And the truth is- I Love You. I love you in ways that words cannot describe. Irrevocably, undescribably and irrationally. And with all my heart, body and soul. I've walked into love with you. And being miles away from you, I've never thought of someone than I've thought of you. And when I look into your eyes I don't see my reflection. I see our future, our tomorrow together. And I don't want to waste a second of my life being apart from you and not loving you."

My lips were quivering by now. My hands were shaking us I pulled them to myself and dug them in my pockets. Trying to find the box. Pulling out the black Velvet box, I opened it. The ring not alluring me much than how the woman before me allured me. Ronaq gasped moving away from me. Her shoulders curling in and she wiped away her tears.

My eyes glossed up as well. I was falling for her all over again.

" Ronaq Alam Khan, I love you. I don't want someone like you, I only want You. Will you end my agony and our distance by being my wife and marrying me in a week?"

She gasped loudly yet again. And I grinned at her surprised expressions. Anticipating for her answer was the most difficult task. Although everything was planned. We did want to get married but proposing her meant something more than just marrying her. It meant asking for her consent for everything we would see ahead. Every change our life would lean into. And her answer meant so much to me. Ronaq fidgeted with her skirt, that reached till her thighs, bunching it at corners as she cried softly with large tears rolling down her eyes.

" Will you marry me, please!?"

She nodded her head, too overwhelmed to contain her self.

" Yes!" She shouted and I grinned. My heart bursting. It was the wait for her answer that the huge ice skating court filled with sparkling confetti as it fell all over us like rain on a stormy day, catching Ronaq off guard. Loud clapping and hooting echoed as our family and friends watched from the benches. But I was too distracted to appreciate them as I pulled out the tear shaped while gold ring from the box before standing up.

I took Ronaq's delicate hand in mine and slid the ring in her ring finger. The diamond shining against her long slender finger making me bend down and give it a quick peck.

" I love you!" She chanted squealing and I pulled her to me as her hands clasped behind my neck. Hugging each other closely. But we were more closer at heart now.

The confetti kept falling over us, adding rejoice to our celebration. Our close friends waved at us from afar. Grinning as they clicked pictures of us. My hand protectively curled around my fiance's waist as we stared at our family.

" You make me the happiest, Jahan!" Ronaq whispered only for my ears as she wiped away a stray tear from my cheek. I grinned.

" You make me more!"

For all I could not understand was this vague innocent request of Ronaq.

The house was buzzing up and down and I remained utterly immobile seeing everyone running up and down the stairs. Shouting and yelling at each other to prepare everything to perfection. I felt left out as my little cousins and nieces, nephews ran around the house dressed in their finest of clothes. And my aunties and uncles still bickering as to what hairstyles and what makeup and what shoes to out on.

I sat on the sofas in the lounge seeing my mother usher everyone to get ready on time. My tailored kurta shalwar was starting to catch wrinkles as I waited for everyone to get ready. As I sat all dressed up for my Nikah.

" Jahan, we'll still leave on time. You don't worry!" Bazid- my cousin- said popping a gum in his mouth as he sat besides me.

In all senses, I was anxious.

My other cousins joined him as they say teasing me for half an hour until everyone was prim and ready to go.

Ronaq's innocent request was to get nikkahfied a day before the main wedding, in her opinion she wanted a day all alone to herself being in my Nikah. And she wanted to call me at night after our Nikah. And I had laughed at her to simply deny the request but she said that at least she deserved this little wish from me. And so I granted.

Today was the day we get nikkahfied. And here I was driving over to the haveli. I was nervous again to have a look at her being a bride. My little bride. For sure the feeling would be surreal.

We arrived at before the grand gates that were decorated with floral laces all over and the guards pulled them open. The driveway was lined my cars as I parked and got down. A trail of cars behind mine. Mom came to my side, fixing a pink flower in the breast pocket of my printed waist coat. And I smiled at her and she held my arm. Dad came to stand on my other side, a feeling of proudness wavering over from him as he gave me one of the warm smiles.

The beating of drums and music distracted us. As the baraat gathered all behind me and we walked through the driveway into the large open garden area as the bride's guest all stood lined up to great us. Mahzala being the most chirpy one as she hopped on her toes. Girls lined the sides of the entrance with large dishes of rose petals. Khan Dada and his brothers came forward to greet and welcome us. And I bent down kissing my grandfather's hand and took his blessings.

Rose petals showered over us as the girls giggled and hooted. We made it to the stage in no time. And the setup fascinated me on my bride's choice of decoration. She was crazy for pink and flowers and right now I could see only flowers of every shade of pink. Pink roses and white were most prominent as they eloped all of the major decoration on the tables and everywhere else.

The stage was vacant of any sofas, only two loveseats remained in the corners whereas low stool were placed on a sparkling white sheet. Many other cushion joining the stool. A thin net veil remained in the center parting the stage into two. Mom and dad guided me as I settled on the low stool on one side.

The photographers swirled here and there as they covered the event. My eyes were curious as I glanced here and there in hopes of seeing the one I hadn't seen in four days. Zaryaab being the strict brother to both me and Ronaq.

The moulvi sahib with his beard joined us at the cushions and he along with Khan Dada, dad with my uncles looked through the papers. I heard the guest suddenly cheer up and my ears and eyes perked up as I saw the crowd of girls gathering around someone. With all warm feelings wafting along my heart, I stood up as my mother joined the girls with my cousins.

In the midst of all chaos and the girls I saw the most beautiful bride, covered with a thin veil that hid her face behind it. Yet the permeability made me see the large round nose piece she adorned. The crowd from around her shied down as I heard the soft music play and her brother wound her arm around his. My cousins joined me on the stage as the bride made her entry, the photographer snapping away each move. Zaryaab sported a smile on his face, a crisp white kurta shalwar and the lightest pink shade of waist coat sported on his built figure. His eyes twinkling as he walked Ronaq to the stage.

Ghar nari gawari chaahe jo kahe
Main Nijam se naina laga aaii re

And I couldn't keep my eyes to myself.

The girls and Mahzala settled her on the other side of the veil and dad instructed me to sit as well. Soon the moulvi sahib started the Dua.

I would occasionally look up at her through the veil as she sat with her hands in her knees. Zaryaab was besides me now. Moulvi sahib read out asking for her consent and my heart jumped in my rib age.

" Qubool hai!"

The words were repeated again and a slow whisper of overwhelmed congratulations started while I was being asked.

" Qubool hai!"

"Qubool hai!"

"Qubool hai!"

I might've been over enthusiastic because as I finished affirming everyone burst into fits of laughter causing my neck to heat up. The prayer was said out and just then the veil fell off and we were allowed to see each other without the barrier. I stood up and dad embraced me and then men after men congratulated.

I turned to see Ronaq standing with the veil now off her face as she shyly looked at me and smiled. I reached forward and kissed the jewellery piece on her head as we side hugged making the crowd go crazy.

Soon the photographer was clicking our pictures but I was mesmerized by my wife.

" Ronaq you'd kill me tonight. No wonder this separation for a day would make me go crazy." I groaned unnoticed by anyone as everyone was too busy in their own world.

" What!?" She gasped at me innocently as I kissed her knuckles.

" You look very beautiful my wife, MashAllah!"

She blushed under her thick lashes. The pink gharara bridal wear she wore, was made out of finest of fabric with small embroidery over it. It was her mother's bridal dress that she had recreated and I loved it on her.

A feast was set out for the guests and we joined them for lunch. The early evening was ended with the cousins from both the sides dancing on pashtun songs. And we celebrated love.

Again it was her innocent request.

I couldn't even wait to see her tomorrow. Nothing at this house full of colourful family was keeping me calm. All I wanted was my wife.

And so here I was down her balcony after sneaking in through the gates. I hit the call button hearing the soft tunes of her phone play. Shuffling sounded and giggles of her cousin and then the shutting of doors.

" Assalam O Alaikum, my husband!" She greeted picking up the call.

I chuckled.

" Walaikum Assalam, and I love you my wife!"

She laughed and I heard her in the room.

" What's making you so romantic at this hour of the night?" She asked softly and I could imagine the smirk on the corners of her lips.

" Mm. The fact that I am just down your balcony!"

She gasped against the phone and I heard the doors of her balcony open.

" You couldn't be!"

" Well I am!"

I grinned as she looked down ghostly at me.

" What are you doing here!?" She hissed in the phone.

" Haha. I came to see you, I miss you so much!" She smiled sweetly as I pouted up at her.

" I miss you too. But I am enjoying this nikkahfied night of mine!"

" You are so cruel."

" Aw. I am not!"

" Yes you are, Ronaq Jahan!"

We talked for hours after that on the phone seeing each other. And when the first Azaan echoed in the valley, Ronaq shushed me away.

I straightened out the invisible crinkles from my off white and cream textured sherwani. A hand rounded on my shoulder. I turned to see my father as he buttoned the top button and smiled.

" I am so happy that Ronaq is married to you, son!"

I smiled at his warm words and embraced him.

My mom was an emotional mess as if I was the one being leaving the house instead of Ronaq. Her makeup was getting messed up and she shook her head at me before fixing it up again. My aunties were gushing over at me. And I cheekily smiled at them. When I walked out of the house ready to bring my wife home, the cars were being loaded with huge trays of sweets, gifts and flowers. I could see the packed suitcases of gifts for Ronaq and many other things.

I ran my hand carefully over my styled hair and wore my sunglasses. The wedding was to be an afternoon event and so the sun was hiding behind the clouds providing us with just the right amount of glow.

" Come on everyone, it's time to leave!" My uncle announced and I sat in my black car that was decorated with fresh red roses.

Soon we were on the roads reaching the haveli.

As expected we were welcomed with love and enthusiasm. Greetings and gifts were exchanged. Zaryaab called me as the photographers were waiting. Before the event, we had decided to go through the photoshoot first and then the preceeding so that we could enjoy to the fullest. I greeted my grandparents and was ushered in the large sitting room in the haveli.

" I'll call Ronaq now!" Mahzala said as she shyly walked passed Zaryaab and out of the room.

" Congratulations! Always keep her protected. I've only given her hand to you because I trust her with you more than anyone!" Zaryaab said and I nodded embracing him in a brotherly way.

He walked out to call the photographer and I turned to the large windows that looked over the beautifully decorated lawn. Anticipating the arrival of my wife. She had said that she had a surprise for me and I was curious. I knew it was about her wedding dress but what it was going to be was making me nervous.

" Jahan-"

I heard the soft whisper and then the closing of doors. I stiffened and smiled before turning to face my wife, Ronaq. My eyes met her figure by the door and I swear my heart missed a beat and goosebumps raised on my skin. Everything from around us was turning into dust, washing away and all I could see was her.

" A bride in blue." 

Please don't kill me!! ❤
I am so sorry it just gets so hard to update in quarantine however it should be the other way around. Khair, what you guys think about the chapter guys!!!

I am gushing over my cute babies!! 😀❤❤

Do let me know about your views via comment and vote please!

I know it's a hard time we are facing so girls keep safe and keep washing your hands, stay protected!! Keep praying as well that the situation gets better!! 😖

Keep me and my family in your prayers!💕

Till then<

Love,
_Hafsa♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro