He felt now
that he was not simply
close to her;

But that he did not know
where he ended
and she began.

Saboohi

" They look perfect together."

I mumbled to the man besides me. My eyes not wavering from the bride and groom who had taken upon everyone's attention with their cuteness.

" Hm mhm!"

With furrowed eyebrows, I turned to look at my husband. Seeing the man's eyes fixed on me. The plastic cup etched to his lips as he sipped from it, giving me the view of his gorgeous amber eyes.

I felt myself blushing under the warm sun on the cold afternoon. Flickering my eyes to Bazid and Faraal again, I smiled at the couple.

" Jahan."

I mumbled yet again. Seeing the photographer instruct the couple to pose.

" Hm Saboohi."

His distracted voice spoke and I returned my eyes to him seeing him look at the stage now.

" Can I ask about your rudeness on our wedding?"

My eyes intently gauzed his expressions as they changed from calm to surprise and to calm again. Making me quirk an eyebrow as his eyes met mine. The man seemed nervous now as he kept the plastic cup behind us on the table and rubbed his hands together.

" W..was I?"

I pressed my lips together and nodded. Giving him a look that said "obviously". He turned his face away before running a hand past his perfectly styled hair.

" I must have been nervous."

He said in a small voice and I huffed.

Stepping closer, I straightened out the invisible wrinkles off his expensive coat. Before reaching my hand up to his hair to brush them back. Once satisfied with his hairstyle, I moved back seeing him look at me with so many emotions that I couldn't even decipher one.

" Jahan, were you the bride? Were you the one wearing a heavy dress?"

The man shook his head almost immediately and stepped forward, holding my hand and entwining our fingers together. The gesture seemed so small and ordinary yet it did wonders to my heart. But I did not allow myself to get distracted and questioned him again.

" Then out of all people you were nervous, that too rude to me as well."

I feigned annoyance as a small smile easily pulled up his lips. Jahan shrugged and hovered over me with his towering height.

" Hiss. Tell me why are you asking all of this right now."

He probed and my dark red tainted lips dipped low. My mascara coated lashes blinked before I looked up at the stage.

" Because you didn't take cute pictures with me on our wedding."

" Really?"

" Yes!"

" But we had a photoshoot. A grand one may I add."

" If having to a stand in a frame with aunties that have not once checked up on us after the wedding is tagged cute then yes we did have that. A grand one may I add."

Jahan chuckled at my annoyance and I huffed, distracting myself by plucking out the white petals from my hand garland.

" Uh huh. Don't do that."

He said, softly scolding me like a teacher and I giggled.

" Says the one who didn't even have a photoshoot with his wife."

" Saboohi, okay. I am sorry."

His amber eyes softened and he nodded his head. His masoom expressions melting my heart and I flipped my straightened hair behind my shoulder and grinned.

" I forgive you. Big heart."

Jahan joined me in for a chuckle.

" But-"

" Saboohi?"

A soft voice called and I turned my head to see Aunt Serina gain my attention as she stood with a bunch of other ladies. Her hand extending out to me.

" Oh no mum."

Jahan whispered as he looked over my head and his fingers tightened over mine.

" She just wants you to meet more of the relatives. Don't go."

" Jahan, leave me. Aunt Serina called me."

I clasped my other hand around his, trying to pry off his grip as he now stood in between my line of vision.

" Don't go, Saboohi. Ignore."

The man said childishly and I laughed at his behavior.

" Jahan, I can handle more aunties now please let me leave."

" But-"

" I'll be back in two minutes."

" But-"

" Two minutes."

The man scowled as he left my hand and I almost pulled his cheeks in a full swinging wedding but successfully refrained myself from doing so. Walking away from him, I hiked up the trail of my orange and red skirt. Balancing myself with the pencil heels I wore.

Aunt Serina introduced me to her relatives and instantly I remembered some of them from my wedding and from my photoshoot. We had a nice chit chat that lasted for twelve minutes. Leaving Jahan to make boring faces directed at me as he cradled Maher in his arms.

When I excused myself from the ladies and stuantered back to where I had left Jahan, the man wasn't there. Shrugging to myself, I climbed up the stage to the bride and groom.

Faraal was clad in a rich red bridal attire. The mid thigh shirt dozed in embellishments of sequins, jewels, gems and zardozi leaving an intricate design on the fabric. And her skirt was champagne and rich red, that pooled on the stage. Her dupatta wasn't heavily embroidered, instead was light and long allowing the bride to move easily. It was settled upon her hair that were parted from the middle and fell in loose curls against her shoulders. Her makeup was kept light with a touch of dark lipstick complementing under the afternoon reception they had opted for. Bazid looked no less besides his bride. He wore a coat suit with a red tie and joked around on any chance he got. Annoying Faraal more.

" Wait- lemme just."

I hovered over Faraal's sitting position and untwine a strand of her hair that somehow had stuck to her headpiece. Her dark eyes had deemed for help and upon my arrival she had sighed a breath of relief.

" There you go, all set."

I smiled down at her seeing her reciprocate with one of her bright ones.

" Where is Jahan? You guys should come for the pictures."

My averted my eyes to the guests upon Bazid's question as I tried to look for my husband.

" He was here just a few minutes ago-"

I trailed off not catching sight of the questioned man. Bazid stood up allowing me to take a seat on the sofa besides his bride, to hitch up a photo or two.

I smiled at the camera as the man behind it clicked our photographs.

" What? Are you guys posing without me?" Afaaf gasped from the foot off the stage before hiking up her lehenga and climbing up. Faraal and I burst into giggles. And soon Faraal's and Bazid's cousins were following after Afaaf.

" Say Cheese, Team Faraal."

Faraal called out as we posed with a victory sigh. Bazid shrieked untimely.

" What? Team Faraal? These are my cousins, supposed to be on my side."

Faraal rolled her eyes as she made a face at him.

" Well these girl are on my side now. We're married now."

She countered back and the man straightened.

" Oh well then. What about the boys?" The groom turned his back to us and called from the stage.

" Comeon boys, picture time."

The boys hollered as they started to step up the stage. Causing the girls to stand up and almost fight them off. Faraal stood up as she huffed.

" What is this behavior? Let us have a picture in peace." She folded her arms together and Afaaf and I couldn't stop giggling as the bride and groom engrossed in a banter that seemed too cute to handle.

It wasn't very late until Faraal was walking down the stage with tears in her eyes as she said farewell to her family. Jahan was besides me, holding my hand. But in that moment seeing the bride hug her mother, I couldn't help but remember the day of my wedding. My blurry vision turned to look at the very end of the hall as Faraal walked by.

" Why are you crying?"

Jahan almost gasped as his thumb brushed away the dampness from my cheeks. I turned my eyes to him and shook my head, all the while sniffing.

" Saboohi."

He sang softly and gave me a small smile. His hand now cupping my cheek.

" Darling, Faraal is a part of our family now it's not as of she's leaving us behind."

He explained and his words made me sniff more harder making the man's eyes go more wide.

" You won't understand."

I stated and dabbed the tissue under my eyes. Hoping that my mascara had stayed put.

" Why won't I understand?"

I shock my head and sniffed one last time. We started to walk down the flowers covered lane leading us out to the exit. Jahan lazily draped his arm over my shoulder and I let my skirt mop the floor behind.

" You were crying as if it was your own rukhsati." He cooed poking my cheek and I gave him a glare.

" Shut up."

" Okay tell me. What made you cry this much?"

He inquired plucking off a rose from the pillar and handing it to me. I held the stem of the flower and smelled it.

" I'll ask you this, the day it's your daughter's wedding."

We both stiffened in our steps and stopped. Daughter. The speed with which we had stopped walking, we resumed again. And I swallowed down my throat before flickering my eyes to him. A small smile played on Jahan's face and sensing my gaze on him, he tilted his head to look to me.

" Hm, I cannot imagine the day when we'll have to say farewell to our daughter."

He said so nonchalantly but it stirred my heart. The man walked forwards now as he unlocked the car with the remote from afar. Leaving a burst of emotions within my heart.

My smile grew more and I followed behind him.

" What do you think about a family, Saboohi?"

" Huh?"

My pencil heels dug in the grass and I almost tripped over my beautifully embroidered orange and red skirt whilst the man kept walking not once turning to look at my falling state. My dupatta pooled over my arm as I lifted my skirt till my ankles and managed to carry the dupatta and my clutch and my skirt all together.

" A fam-"

" Jahan." I gasped in horror fearing my ankle would twist any second now.

Jahan was quick to run and realizing the hard time I was having, he rushed over to me.

" A little help please."

I breathed as he came to my side looking at me sheepishly.

" Sorry I did not hear you." I nodded before handing him my matching clutch. Holding his arm, I lifted my feet to unstrap my heel when Jahan stopped me.

" Wait let me do it." He bent to his knees and within seconds freed me off my heels. He straightened up and carried my heels and my clutch. All the while allowing me to curl my arm around his.

Relief washed over the sole of my feet as I padded against the grass easily now.

" Hm. So I was asking; what do you think about a family."

" Family? I like my family."

I answered dumbly and casted a suspicious look at him. The man however showed no annoyance and cocked his head to the other end.

" No. Saboohi, about our family."

I jumbled over for words and calculated the little steps remained between us and the car.

" Our family, Khan Dada and Dadi Gul Jan-"

I trailed off. The inner Saboohi smacked me across the face; way to go Saboohi. Woman, you nice and dumb.

Jahan huffed loudly this time and stressed upon each word carefully.

" No Saboohi. Mine and yours."

His hand moved between us and his eyebrows quirked up as he looked intently at me. My heart slammed rapidly against my chest. And my palms sweated at the thoughts of what he was suggesting but I couldn't help but play dumb because of how my inner self was reacting. Each one of my pore was bursting with happiness and delight on the mention of a family.

" As in the family we live with?"

Hopeless, Jahan walked to his side of the car and opened his door before effortlessly sliding in, leaving me to gawk at my reflection in the car window. My makeup looked perfect, hair straightened and lipstick intact. My gold blouse was snug against my chest and the skirt was beautiful as ever. Clearing my throat, I slid in the car and the man turned in the ignition.

" Remember the time we went to New York?"

His voice filled the car and I nodded.

" And you drank?"

I pouted but still nodded.

" Remember when you talked about a family. Three kids and us."

My heart bloomed like a flower and his expectant eyes lit up with the words. And this time I shook my head. Making the man groan.

" How am I supposed to remember that, I was drunk."

I complained in defence and we hit the road.

" Uff Saboohi, what am I going to do with you."

My shoulders dropped and so I focused my eyes outside. Jahan turned in the town and parked the car before a pet shop and turned off the engine.

" Where are you going?"

I asked as soon as he opened the car door. Jahan shook his head and got out and before he slammed the door he added.

" To get puppies so that we could adopt them."

I gasped at his antics and sulked against the seats. Crazily mad in love with him and crazily mad at him.

" Three kids and us."

I repeated the words, letting the warmth wrap around me that came along the words.

Days of winter passed quickly as Faraal and Bazid left for America. And as the wedding festivities trailed off, we fell in a normal routine yet again.

I slid off the car with the grocery bags in hand, my eyes settling on Tim. Tim was Mohid's cat. A little cute fluffy cat and as I recalled Jahan had gone to the pet shop for the kitten's food bowl only. Mohid and I would enjoy most evenings playing with Tim in the garden.

" Boo."

Mohid's little voice greeted me as he ran towards me. His little hands taking one of the grocery bag from me.

" Hey there."

I said as I smiled widely at him.

" Boo, come on."

The kid stressed as he dragged me with him causing me to dig my heels on the polished floors.

" Mohid, stop it. What is it?"

I inquired getting a hold of him.

" Surprise."

He yelled excitedly before running in the direction of the kitchen making me follow behind him closely. Just as I entered the kitchen, everyone burst up singing.

" Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you."

My eyes lit up as my mouth opened in surprise seeing the family gathered around the island with a chocolate cake with candles in between.

" Hurry up Jaani."

Afaaf jumped towards me taking the bags off me and ushering me towards the cake. My eyes trailed to Jahan as he sang loudly over everyone else's voice making me grin ear to ear.

" Boo cakeeeeee."

Mohid's voice hushed everyone as he climbed on the counter and yelled. I grinned at the boy and lifted the slim knife. Everyone started singing again with more enthusiasm this time and Jahan snaked his arms around me and covering my hand with his, we cut the cake together.

Dinner time rolled in quickly and we had the cake before everyone dispersed to their rooms.

I rubbed the moisturizer over my arms. A small smile never leaving my lips. The bedroom door opened and in walked Jahan. A soft look covering his features whilst a golden balloon remained in his hand.

" Happy birthday babe."

He said and I grinned.

" Thank you, Jahan."

" I'll just keep it here." He said as he tugged the string of the balloon with the lamp before walking towards the bathroom. I dimmed the lights making the room drown in a soft glow and made the bed. The shower ran in the bathroom and I found myself walking towards the balcony doors. Soft wind twirled around me, causing goosebumps to trail up my arms and I shivered with the slightest effects.

Closing my eyes, I let the wind play with my hair. Minutes later, familiar warmth wrapped around me and I opened my butterscotch eyes to see the man hover over me as he pulled the balcony doors together.

" I am sorry I couldn't get you a gift."

Jahan said as I turned in his arms to face him.

" There's still one gift you could give me."

I mumbled under my breath. My toes tingled with the thoughts of where I was taking this conversation.

" And what is that?"

Jahan's hands stilled over my hips as he looked down at me with melted amber eyes.

" A family."

His eyes grew for a fraction of second and he smiled.

" Would you like a family with me?"

" Uhm hm, three kids and us."

I bit the bottom of my lips and as he chuckled, I allowed myself to emerse in his chest. My fist hitting his chest playfully.

" Are you really sure?"

He asked when his laughter died down and his warm hands cupped the round of my cheeks.

" Yes I am sure."

I said determined. Standing on the top of my toes, I pushed myself to him. Seeing his eyes now darken under the dim lights.

" I love you Saboohi."

" I love-"

His lips caught my words as they crashed over mine softly. My lashes fluttered close and I encircled my arms around his neck. Holding onto him for dear life. His hand were unrushed as they swam over my back and my hips. Breathless we pulled apart and my head lulled to the side as my husband's lips descended to the exposed skin of my neck. As he softly left butterfly kisses on my warm skin.

My vision cleared and settled on the vanity table. And I heavily realised that in the moment we knew where this was leading to. We knew it was going to happen and we were running towards it. And it was gonna happen.

" Saboohi?"

" Hm."

I trailed my eyes back to Jahan's seeing the man look at me concerned.

" Are you su-"

I smoothened down my lips over his this time. Pressing my lips harder to his. Letting him know that I was sure. That I was ready and that I wanted this. And that there was no going back now.

Jahan's shirt fell to the floor soundlessly and our breaths hollowed against the large room. Mixing with each other's. And each time we looked into each other's eyes, we only felt more safe and loved towards one another.

And I could just love him till my lungs give out.

And he could just love me till his lungs give out.

He did not carry me to the bed, instead we walked to it. Slowly and agonizingly. And anticipated whatever was stored for us. No words were exchanged except for shaky breaths as we kept brushing soft kisses and I settled against the pillows letting him hover over me as he held my hand and kissed each one of my features. And each kiss felt as if he was memorizing me. And my heart did somersaults.

We didn't rush. We were slow, calm and filled with love. Each caress, kiss, bite felt heavenly and soft and warm. Jahan was gentle and he made every brush of a kiss feel like eternity on my skin. Passion skimmed past our veins as we made love in the soft glow of the lamp. And each time he looked into my eyes, I melted just a little more. And our hearts reached out to each other's as much as our souls entwined.

And the stars threw themselves at us and the moon blushed.

" Oh no no no. Oh."

I groaned to myself before pacing again.

The last few weeks had gone by with me and Jahan drawn impossibly closer. And I couldn't help but blame the winter for being so cold that without Jahan's arms around me, I would not sleep.

Stupid winter.

" Ugh."

I groaned again. Hearing the knock on the bathroom door.

" Saboohi come out or I am breaking the door."

Afaaf's voice urged from the other side of the door and I closed my eyes. My hands shivered over the small kit and I closed my eyes. The impatient woman on the other side of the room had convinced me into this. My heart dropped with each passing second and I heaved out.

Walking to the door, I pulled it open. Afaaf's expectant eyes looked at me up and down and I threw my head back and bit back a groan. Stretching out her hand, I shoved the kit in her hand. And covered my eyes with my own hand.

" What does it say just tell me already."

" What? You didn't even have a look."

She asked in utter disbelief. And I removed my hand and jumped on my toes gauging her expressions closely. She saw the pregnancy kit and her shoulders dropped and so did her voice. Disappointment flashed over her features and my own shoulders dropped.

" What?"

Sour taste filled my mouth and I felt like throwing up after seeing her blank expressions.

" It's positive."

She suddenly jumped on her feet and her eyes lit up with happiness. My shivering self felt as if my heart started beating again. And I shrieked.

" What? I am going to a mom. We are going to be parents."

I shrieked and shrieked with happiness. Seeing as Afaaf pulled me in a quick hug as she showed me the kit this time.

" We are going to be parents."

I said out aloud just in time for the door to burst open. Jahan's jaw dropped to the floor and so did mine and so did the resultant kit in my hand.

" What?"

Brainstorming this took a lot of my time.

And yes someone guessed it right, the book is coming to an end.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro