1. Blood Donation Camp.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hello! I wish you guys a very Happy 2k18.May this year brings lot of success and happiness in your life. Thank you so much for all the love you have given my stories the previous year and I hope I'll get the same love this year as well or even more will do😂

Winters are my least favourite. Why? Well, coz I just can't get rid of cough and cold, the whole season. Also, the university in which I'm studying is too ruthless to give us proper winter vacations, instead we are assigned some practical works and surveys, which are to be done in the time period of our so called vacation of one week.

The torture was bearable until Aditi, my best friend aka my roommate got sick. She had high temperature and that's why I had to come here to complete her survey in this blood donation camp. Being a MBA student these kind of surveys are definitely not my thing and I get quite uncomfortable and nervous around so many people but
you just cannot help it when it comes to your best friend who has always been there for you.

The camp looked really busy, humanity still exists! There were so many people running here and there making me even more nervous. I've been like this since my childhood, nervous around crowd. And being alone here is not helping either.

I made my way towards a nurse, who was looking extremely busy, to continue with the survey and leave this place asap. As I went to her she looked at me with her eyebrows up and before I could speak anything she held my hand and started taking me towards one of the beds. She almost threw me on the bed and took out her register.

"Do you have aids? " She asked suddenly looking in her register and taking out her pen.

"N-no. " I shuttered.

"Name? Age? " She asked again.

"Sanyukta Agrawal, 20." I told her.

"Contact number? " She asked

"Why would you ask that? " I asked her nervously.

"Coz that's important. " she replied.

"But I'm here for someone else. " I replied.

"I know, we all are here for others, now c'mon tell me. " She said.

"O-okay, 9876543210." I gave her my number.

"Blood group? " She asked again.

"AB+" I answered.

"Do you have any blood related disease? " she asked still looking in her register and scribbling something.

"N-no, I don't. " I replied nervously.

"Are you pregnant ?" She asked and my eyes widened.

"No" I replied immediately.

"Hmm, do you have a flu or something ? " She asked.

"I usually do have it in winters but I don't have now. " I told her confused with the questions she's asking me.

Then she checked my pulse and scribbled again.

"So I guess your test has been done? " She asked.

"Test? " I asked her in confusion. What test is she talking about? May be term test?

"Yeah" I replied.

"And I believe you have qualified? " She asked again. Why is she asking about my academics? May be the taking the survey requires those conditions.

"Yeah I've qualified. " I replied. I've never failed in any of my exams till date.

"Hmm, qualified. Kiran, take her blood. " She said to one of the nurses standing there and left before I could say a word.

Oh so she thought that I'm here to donate blood, but wait I can't, last time I did, I passed out and got up after 2 days, I don't wanna repeat that and especially as I'm alone this time, if I passed out then who's gonna inform my friends about it? May be these people'll know who I am by seeing my Id and then contact my university? But, I still don't wanna faint! What if this time I never get up? I know my life's not that amazing but I still don't wanna die this soon. I need to stop this right now. But before I could utter a word I felt a little pain in my hand and everything went black.

My head seemed exceptionally heavy and so as my eyelids. I was trying to open my eyes but couldn't. I stirred a bit in irritation of not being able to open my eyes. I heard some voices near me but they were not clear.

I felt a hand on my forehead and a current ran through my body. The spark I felt by the mere touch was something I've never felt before. It was a warm touch but made me feel butterflies inside my belly. I so wanted to open my eyes to look at the person but before I could do so the touch left my body and I felt a sudden craving for it. I finally opened my eyes to find none. I looked around to find myself in a completely unfamiliar surrounding, fear ran through my mind and I tried to get up but my body was not co-operating with my mind. I heard the door open and two women in the nurse's uniform came inside and that's when it hit me that I'm in a hospital. The memories of the blood donation camp flashed in my mind and things became clear. So I passed out in the camp and they brought me here in the hospital. How embarrassing!

I looked down not able to meet the gaze of the nurses because of the embarrassment.

"How are you feeling now? " One of the nurse who looked in her late 40's asked me.

"I'm fine, just a bit weakness. " I replied honestly, looking at my hands on the blanket which was covering me.

"I'm really sorry." I heard the other nurse speaking. When I looked at her, I recognized her to be the same nurse who took me for donating blood.

"It's okay, it's not your fault, I should have clarified that I wasn't there for donating blood." I told her apologetically.

"No, no ma'am I should have let you speak, I'm really sorry, please forgive me." She apologized again shaking this time.

"I said it's okay. Why are you shivering?" I asked her frowning.

I tried to get up but failed miserably and landed on the bed. Both the nurses hurriedly approached me and made me sit on the bed by leaning on the headboard.

"Ma'am if you have really forgiven me then can you please ask boss not to fire me, please ma'am, I swear I'll be careful from next time." She requested joining her hands in front of me.

I immediately reached for her hand and stopped her from doing that. " Whom should I say this, tell me I'll do. " I told her and she looked relieved.

"Thank you so much ma'am, you're very kind, boss is very lucky, you're very kind. " She left the room chanting these lines, causing me to frown. Boss is very lucky? How is boss lucky? Who is this boss anyways ?

I looked at the other nurse to find her smiling at me in admiration.

"What time is it? How long I've been passed out? " I asked the nurse.

"Ma'am it's been three days. We were really scared, especially boss, he was very pissed at Avantika and Kiran both." She told me and now I was even more confused.

"Avantika? " I asked her.

"The nurse who just now left. " She replied.

"Oh, but why was boss pissed? And who is this boss? " I asked her and she gasped.

"What are you saying ma'am? I think you're still weak. You should take rest." She said and made me lay down again. And then started heading out of the room.

"Did you guys informed anyone in my university?" I asked before she could leave.

She stopped and turned at me. "Yes, ma'am your friends visited you regularly and they've left just half an hour ago. I suggest you should sleep now, it's night time by the way." She replied and left immediately.

After she left, I took my time to observe the room, the hospital room looked quite big, just like VIP rooms. One corner was filled with flower bouquet from my friends I guess, there was a couch, television and a small fridge. It looked like a hotel room to be honest. The room had some chairs as well and a coffee table was placed near the couch. The room is spacious and the bathroom is attached to it.

Then I looked beside me to find a chair beside my bed, may be the person who touched my head was sitting on it. The person, I should have asked the nurses about him/her whoever it was. It sure wasn't any of my friends coz I'm well aware of their touch, and all my friends are female whereas the touch was manly. May be it was the doctor, may be.

I was looking around when I felt eyes on me, I immediately looked at the big window beside the door but found none. May be the medicines are causing my mind to make up things.

My eyelids became heavy again and as soon as I closed them sleep took over me.

------------------

So here's the first chapter, I hope you guys liked it.

It's just the beginning, there's lot more to come.

Don't forget to vote comment and share, I'd love to hear from you.

Love
Aashi😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro