[20] All Your Contracts, I'll Look At Them

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Taehyung, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Y/N questioned.

"Jessi!" Taehyung replied.

As expected. Y/N revealed a slight smile.

"She can't continue working in the US, so of course she will try to use you to make a comeback. Plus, her dream is to control you and make you surrender to her..." Taehyung gazed at Y/N with a serious expression as he analyzed what Jessi was thinking. "Of course, it's not hard for you to shake her off."

Y/N smiled slightly, she already had everything thought out. Upon seeing her expression, Rose knew a small obstacle like this wouldn't be able to stand in Y/N's way; she felt a sense of relief.

Y/N's plan was to take place after The Top Ten Model Awards. So anything that was to happen between now and then, she already took into consideration. The only thing Rose could do for her now was to comfort Seulgi.

After Rose left, the couple entered the bedroom together and changed into home clothes. Taehyung hugged Y/N in front of the wardrobe mirror as he asked in her ear, "You still don't plan on leaving SM?"

"It's not time yet..." She only needed one final step to completely destroy Jennie; there was no way she would let the two off so easily.

"But, you should decide on your next goal." Taehyung knew Y/N didn't like to take shortcuts, so he didn't mention signing with Kim Entertainment. "Now that you have popularity and people are talking about you, your next goal should be..."

"I need a notable award," Y/N replied gently. She understood where she stood and she understood the entertainment industry was like a pool of deep water; today she could still keep people talking about her, but tomorrow, the attention could easily be snatched away by some new entertainer. So, by obtaining a notable award, she would be able to establish a status in the industry, "However, Taehyung...I am already 26 years old. I can no longer act like I am 17 and compete in a modeling competition. And the awards I received in the past have lost their value ever since Star King Entertainment blacklisted me...back then, I retreated too desperately and burnt my own bridges."

In the past, she really did everything she could for Kai...

A model's best years, their most glorious years...she had selflessly given them all to Kai. But in the end, what did she get in return?

However, Y/N did not regret it. After all, it was the road that she chose. It's just, now she had to face the consequences of her silly mistakes.

After hearing her, Taehyung's heart ached for her. If he had met her earlier, maybe she wouldn't have had to go through all this pain. He planted a kiss on Y/N's neck and comforted her with a gentle voice, "It doesn't matter...If you can't enter a competition, it doesn't matter, just work hard as a model. If you need to attend shows or appear in magazines, I will accompany you...We can make use of good exposure. After all, the industry is where the true battle is. Honey, don't give yourself too much pressure..."

Y/N took a deep breath as she turned around and wrapped her arms around Taehyung's waist. She buried her head in his chest and sighed, "Don't worry, with you as my goal, I won't be easily destroyed."

Taehyung took a deep breath as he lifted Y/N in his arms. After returning to the bedroom, he placed her on the bed and gently pressed his body on top of her, "I think, the best way to make you forget about the past, is to...love you deeply."

After hearing this, Y/N's ears flushed red. She could tell his words contained two meanings, "You haven't eaten yet. After working hard all day, do you still have the energy?"

"I guess the only way to find out, is if I prove it..." After speaking, Taehyung's kiss lowered onto her lips...

Because of Y/N's popularity, Jennie became the target of everyone's hatred. So, SM's celebration dinner, Kai was not going to allow her to attend. It was exactly at this time, that Jennie got a chance to meet with the judges for the awards. Research into the judges was done behind SM's back by Jennie's assistant. In total, there were 7 people: 3 females, 4 males. Jennie quickly brushed the 3 females aside and placed her focus on a 40-something-year-old male judge. He had a dark history that always seemed to be covered up.

"Jennie..." Jennie's assistant watched as she picked up the male's photo; his heart was racing, "You..."

"Min-ho, help me find out when I can meet with this judge."

"Jennie..."

"I know what you are thinking. If I don't take this step, I will lose Kai, and not only this, I will have nothing left," Jennie spoke cruelly. Right now, she had no way to survive in Seoul. If she didn't help herself find another way out, she didn't know how much lower Y/N would push her, "I definitely need to get the award, at all costs!"

Jennie's assistant had no choice but to pull out his phone and stand to one side as he phoned the man with respect. At first, the man on the other side didn't plan on answering, but, after You Lin called three times in a row, he finally picked up.

Jennie's assistant expressed his thoughts in a simple manner and the man understood their intention. In the end, he requested to speak to Jennie personally.

"Jennie..."

Jennie reached out her hand and grabbed the phone. With a smile, she answered, "Mr. Li" As he was a high-profile artist, she lowered herself when talking to him.

"So, you are Jennie? I've watched your shows. Actually...you aren't that bad, but as I'm sure you are aware, your reputation hasn't been very good recently...how about tomorrow at 7 pm, you come to Hong Fan Hotel, we can have a chat."

"Jennie...is this what you want? You are pregnant and that old man is despicable..."

"Do I have another choice?" Jennie turned her head and questioned her assistant, "Y/N has pushed me into a corner, I can't let her succeed. If she wants me to surrender, she must be dreaming!"

The assistant was helpless. All he could do was grind his teeth, "Then tomorrow I will help you take some photos for evidence, in case that old man gets what he wants and leaves."

Kai had no idea, Jennie had already made such a filthy decision. While he was desperately trying to fix things on the outside, he lost Jennie's, vain heart. Of course, this was all karma; like the way he betrayed Y/N, Jennie was now betraying him in the same way.

On the same day, early in the morning, Jessi had already dealt with her contract in America and had returned to Seoul. Kai went to the airport on his own to pick her up. As soon as Jessi entered Kai's apartment, she asked about where Y/N was living.

"Jessi...Jennie hasn't been in a good mood the past few days. Don't provoke her...keep your voice down."

"She didn't live up to expectations, she can't blame others," Jessi responded coldly.

"Y/N lives in Hannam Dong," Kai replied impatiently.

"How does she live in such a good place? In that case, I will move to her place tomorrow. It will make work more convenient." Jessi had no intention of living in Kai's apartment and didn't want to see Jennie.

But, Hannam Dong was not the type of place a person like her could live!

Because Jessi was to take over Y/N, her, Seulgi, and Kai were in the meeting room early in the morning discussing the upcoming plans they had. Y/N wasn't invited to the meeting, the excuse was that it was only a pitch. However, Seulgi was clear about Jessi's true intentions - Jessi merely treated Y/N as a chess piece. No matter how high Y/N's status was, she was still going to maintain her power to control her artist.

Seulgi projected Y/N's job offers onto the projector screen - there were 23 of them! Seeing this, Kai was shocked. Amongst the offers, there was no lack of 2nd-tier magazines. He never expected the public had such a high degree of acknowledgment for Y/N.

Of course, Seulgi did not reveal the offers Y/N was currently considering. These included the offers from...Creative Century and Star Age; two big superstar factories who had thrown her an expensive offer.

With Y/N's current status, a small studio like SM could no longer be of much help to her. Plus, the contract that hung to Jessi's lips could no longer bind Y/N.

It seemed Jessi had already forgotten the battle with Secret and still believed Y/N's success was due to luck.

"At present, because of the Oriental Trend, Y/N is extremely popular; she has gained quite a bit of fame in the European and American markets. As long as we take advantage of the current situation, with my contacts, we can speedily get her onto multiple stages. However, she needs to be obedient towards me...otherwise, I can also destroy her..."

It appeared, tonight's celebration dinner for Y/N, was more like an announcement dinner for Jessi taking on her new role.

A manager that had been blacklisted by the Americans - with a blink of an eye - returned to Seoul to continue to wreak havoc on the world.

Meanwhile, Y/N already found out about the morning's meeting from Seulgi; Jessi had planned out her career path overseas. Of course, that would be ideal for most models, after all, this path had the most potential, but...Y/N was no longer 17 years old. Without enough background support, she couldn't be like a young model and start from the beginning as a fit model. It's not that she was afraid it would be too difficult, but she didn't have much youth left. The next 3 years for her, was critical!

"Y/N, what do you plan to do now? Jessi isn't going to give up on you."

"I...have my plans...Seulgi, thank you," Y/N thanked her sincerely.

"Y/N, this is actually a good opportunity for me to leave you. I know your manager will only get better and better...I am not good enough to stay by your side. You've taught me so much and made me understand a lot of things. Don't worry, we have a confidentiality agreement between us, I will not reveal your business to others. I just hope, in the end, SM can let me go." Seulgi was determined; if she continued to work for Y/N, she would only continue to be led by her and not have the opportunity to show off her managerial skills. She was impressed by Y/N, but she also had her own goals.

"As you wish," Y/N nodded.

"Are we still friends?"

"Of course..." Y/N replied calmly.

"My photos...I'll leave them with you; it can serve as a warning for me. Y/N, I will keep an eye on you; I'll watch as you leap onto the international stage."

"Seulgi, I also wish all the best for you."

Seulgi understood she had already completed her mission and it was time for her to retreat. According to Y/N's personality, she never held back on her enemies. At the same time, she never made things difficult for her friends. So, of course, she preferred to be her friend.

Not long after, Seoul's night sky was densely dotted with stars. At the same time, Y/N was well prepared for a battle with Jessi.

On the way to the hotel, Taehyung held onto Y/N's hand; giving her strength. Y/N looked at Taehyung and smiled, "No need to worry about me, I'm already used to it...I'm well prepared for a big battle, even if Jessi is a tough enemy."

"I just care about you..."

"Hubby, there is no need to wait for me tonight. Be a good boy and go home to sleep. You work so hard every day, don't tire yourself out because of me." Y/N gripped onto Taehyung's hand, "I promise, I won't allow myself to suffer any loss."

"You said it. If Jessi makes you suffer at all, I will get Kim Entertainment to step in." Taehyung embraced Y/N and gently placed a kiss on her forehead. The longer they were a couple, the more he grew to understand her and the more his heart ached for her. She had gone through so much difficulty to go from a caterpillar to a butterfly; the road to revival was not all smooth sailing.

Y/N lifted her head and looked at the mole on Taehyung's earlobe; that was his mark, one that completely charmed her and made her feel light-headed.

"I will not give you the chance to step in, I've already prepared a present for Jessi; how dare she dream of being my manager! I'm going to make her have the guts to think it, but no chance to say it..." After all, she was well experienced at tearing apart her enemies.

Taehyung looked gently at Y/N, at her confident eyes; it seemed he really wouldn't get the chance to step in.

7 pm. Y/N arrived at the celebration dinner. At the same time, Jennie entered Hong Fan Hotel.

As SM's status was limited, they could only invite a few famous people. Even though Y/N was the protagonist of tonight's celebration dinner...it was obvious Kai only wanted to lure her in. His real intention was to allow Jessi to step out on the stage.

After Y/N got tired of mixing with the guests, she sat down to rest. At this time, she found a waiter and whispered some instructions into his ear; he nodded obediently...

Afterward, amongst the cheers of everyone, Kai walked up the red carpet to the stage.

"Today, apart from celebrating Y/N becoming the Asian spokesperson for ISN, we also have an important decision to announce." Kai was wearing a handmade brown suit; he looked absolutely handsome on stage, "The role of SM's Artists Director will be taken over by my sister, the top manager, Jessi. Let's welcome her to the stage to continue telling everyone about the good news."

Jessi stepped out on the red carpet wearing a long silver dress and a pair of 10cm high high-heeled shoes. She had a proud expression, like a queen, as she looked around. In the end, her gaze focused on Y/N.

Her gaze was scheming and sinister with a desire to conquer. Upon seeing her, Y/N's eyebrows furrowed slightly...

"Hello everyone, I am Jessi. From today onwards I will be SM Entertainment's Artists Director. I also have one more important announcement to make..."

Jessi continued to look at Y/N...like a hunter locked on its prey...

"I would like to announce..."

As soon as those words left her mouth, the waiter Y/N had instructed earlier, suddenly walked on stage holding a phone and handed it to Jessi breaking her off mid-sentence. Upon seeing the contents on the phone, she immediately glared at Y/N; she was surprised, angry, and unwilling to accept what she saw.

But, Y/N maintained her smile the entire time...for Jessi, this smile was painful to look at.

"I would like to announce...early next year, we will be creating an amazing new band. We have already invited many superstars to be involved. Everyone keep your eyes peeled."

Kai looked at Jessi confusedly; she was meant to announce she would become Y/N's manager...why did she suddenly change her mind?

"Jessi...what's wrong? The company already knows you will take over Y/N, why are you suddenly like this?"

"Y/N!" Jessi exclaimed as she ground her teeth.

Kai turned to look at Y/N. She intervened? How did she intervene?

"What did she show you?"

"She already predicted I wanted to become her manager, so she showed me offers from both Creative Century and Star Age as a threat. If I dare to publicly announce I am to become her manager, she will also publicly announce she is canceling her contract with SM," Jessi spoke to Kai with an extremely cold tone as she looked at Y/N. "Kai, she is using this method to tell us we should be grateful that she is staying in SM and that we shouldn't treat her casually."

"She has no shame, so cheap!"

"I have never hated an artist to this extent. I hate her so much that I want to tear her into a million pieces. Go speak to her, this can't be her only request."

From the looks of it, after all the times they had confronted each other, Jessi had developed a certain level of understanding towards Y/N.

She had never thought, as a top manager, she would fall into the hands of someone like her.

Kai looked at Y/N and motioned her to meet in the waiting room. Accompanied by Rose, Y/N headed backstage. The three of them stood in a room as Rose looked cautiously at Kai.

"What do you want?"

"Give Seulgi her freedom," Y/N set out her condition, "Or else I will set both Seulgi and myself free - far away from SM."

"Fine, I agree to let Seulgi go. But you can't leave," Kai spoke coldly. The waiting room was silent for a while before Kai continued, "How badly do you hate me for you to think of so many sinister plans to force Jennie and me to this point? My sister wanted to be your manager so she could support you. Who would have thought you'd use canceling your contract to threaten SM..."

"Kai, to you, everything Jennie and your sister do is right, whereas my counterattack is sinister and scheming. I've said it before...I don't initiate an attack on others, but no one should be calculative towards me," Y/N's voice was calm, but also contained an undeniable power. "By the way, how come we don't see Jennie?"

"Did you think I would allow Jennie to come here and get hurt?"

"Whether she would get hurt, I'm not sure. I just know that you should keep your eye on her...don't tell me you don't understand what kind of person she is? The cutoff for the Top Ten Model Awards is tomorrow. What do you think she would do to get what she wants?"

Kai was stunned for a moment, but he remained stubborn, "Did you think she is calculative like you? To me, she is a bit careless, but...she would never be ruthless like you - stabbing your ex in the back and stepping on the sister that treated you like family."

"Really?" Y/N asked as she looked at Kai, suggesting she thought otherwise. Afterward, she turned around to leave the room. Not long after, Jessi entered the room to question Kai.

"What does she want?"

"She will stay, but Seulgi will be set free," Kai replied.

"Kai, I'm guessing, with other big companies throwing her alternative options, the fact that she's choosing to stay in SM, must mean she has an even bigger plan ahead. Y/N obviously wants to destroy Kai's family; she hates you so much. Yet, we can't seem to do anything about it," Jessi gripped onto the wine glass in her hand as if she was strangling Y/N's neck.

"Then, what's our next move?" Kai felt powerless towards Y/N.

"I think it's time I go look for mum..."

As the wife of a famous director, Kai's Mother had many contacts within the industry. They would have to see if she had any ideas on how to easily defeat Y/N.

Star Hotel. In a strictly confidential room. An ambiguous atmosphere lingered. Jennie lay in the arms of a stranger and successfully obtained a promise, "My precious, you don't need to worry, go home and wait for the good news. The Top Ten Model Awards is pretty much guaranteed."

Jennie smiled as she peeled away the bed sheets and got up. While she put on her clothes she asked, "Mr. Li, for the sake of insurance, you don't mind that I recorded a video, right? After all, you and I are both clear about this industry; nothing is guaranteed. So...I need to have all bases covered."

"What? You recorded a video?" he had no idea Jennie would do something like this.

"As long as I receive an award, the video will immediately be returned to you. Mr. Li, I'll go home and wait for the good news..."

Mr. Li's face twitched. In the end, all he could do was watch as Jennie left. He never imagined he would have to suffer the consequences of his carelessness.

Jennie walked out of the main lobby of the hotel and boarded the car her assistant had prepared for her. In the dark of the night, she left without anyone noticing.

"Jennie, should we go to the hospital for a check-up?" the assistant looked at her and asked.

"No need, I'm fine," Jennie shook her head. In order to please Kai in bed, she had already trained herself previously and understood the best way to protect herself. "Hurry, let's go home. I don't want Kai to suspect anything."

"Jennie, you've given up too much."

"If not, what would I use to go up against Y/N?" Jennie looked out the window; her face was full of hatred. However, she had no idea, all the effort she was putting in to get the award, was in fact...throwing herself into Y/N's trap.

This was the entertainment industry; an industry where people were eaten whole. On the outside, it appeared bright and glamorous, but, within it, how many people actually managed to keep their bottom line?

Hannam Dong, 10 pm.

After Y/N finished speaking to Seulgi on the phone, she turned around and looked at Taehyung who was sitting on the sofa. On the table sat her 20-30 offers. No matter how big or small they were, he was going to personally look through each one.

Y/N's heart ached as she sat by his side, "Don't look at them anymore, leave these contracts for Rose to handle, it's not an issue."

"It's OK for Rose to look at the contracts, but she doesn't know how to pick out the good ones." Taehyung wrapped his arm around her and spoke, "Is the issue with Seulgi sorted?"

"SM has canceled her contract and allowed her to go," Y/N nodded. "Taehyung, you really don't need to look at them anymore, I want you to get some rest..."

"Do you think I would look at just anyone's contracts? Mrs. Kim, no matter how small of an issue it is, if it is yours - then in my heart it is important."

"In that case, let me give you a massage," Y/N stood up and walked behind Taehyung as she started massaging his back.

"SM definitely would have figured by now they can't hold on to you. Throughout the judging period of the Top Ten Model Awards, I will help you take note of what they are doing. Jessi definitely won't let you go easily. So, during this time, all your contracts - I'll look at them."

"Who else's contracts have you looked at?" Y/N asked with a slight smile, this wasn't something that had ever crossed her mind.

"Do you really want to know?" Taehyung asked her back.

"You don't have to tell me." Y/N didn't care, but the thought of Taehyung using all his heart to help someone else, made her heart slightly uneasy.

Seeing Y/N's head lower, Taehyung felt a sense of joy rush through his body. He couldn't help but smile as he spoke, "Are you jealous?"

"Uh-huh, a little bit," Y/N admitted as she nodded her head.

"Did you think apart from you, there would be someone else in this world that qualifies? Only you...no one else..." Taehyung pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arm around her before showing her how to look at the contracts.

Y/N was smart when it came to most things, but when it came to anything with a lot of words, her head would hurt. So not long after, Y/N fell asleep in Taehyung's embrace. A slight smile was on her face.

Taehyung embraced his wife as he continued to look at the contracts. Although he was tired...he was happy. He leaned over and whispered in Y/N's ear, "Y/N, the day that you return to being Seoul's top model, I will become your personal manager..."

Y/N was sleeping soundly. Upon hearing this, she subconsciously answered, "Then...I really need to work hard."

Taehyung let out a gentle laugh. Amongst the 20-30 contracts, he picked out the one from Trendy Queen; this would be Y/N's first job after returning to the country.

Of course, SM would definitely have an opinion towards Taehyung's decision, because...TQ wasn't in the best-selling magazine category. But, he knew something that others didn't know; the target audience of TQ were fashion designers and upper-class consumers. Right now, Y/N had to utilize the Oriental Trend to promote herself to fashion designers and those that had hold of fashion resources...

This was a risk, but if things worked out, the next half of the year, Y/N's shows would be guaranteed. As long as the shows maintained plenty of exposure and the magazine followed - a beneficial cycle would be formed.

Most importantly, appearing in shows would allow her to come in contact with even more endorsement opportunities. This would be easier than relying on her team.

Of course, what if it didn't work out?

There was no way he would let that happen...

The next morning, Y/N woke up. Seeing Taehyung place the TQ contract in front of her, she was a bit surprised.

"Do you trust me?" Taehyung asked as he wrapped his arm around her.

Y/N squeezed Taehyung's tired cheeks and planted a kiss on his lips, "I'll shoot this one."

"You're not going to ask why?" Taehyung had originally thought of multiple reasons to convince her. Who would have thought, she simply took one glance at it and decided to trust him.

"The Big Boss of the entertainment industry stayed up all night to pick this for me. Even if I fail, I am willing," Y/N said as she wrapped her arm around Taehyung's neck. Seeing Taehyung look at her helplessly, Y/N explained to him in a serious tone, "First of all, I trust you wholeheartedly, this is needless to say. Secondly, I have also looked at all these contracts and haven't found one that is suited to the awkward state that I am in now, to work towards. I can only make small plans, but I need you to help me see the future."

A man's ego had always been this easy to satisfy; as long as their own woman says they need them, they would do anything.

"Then it's decided...Contract..."

"Right now, I no longer have a manager, just an assistant. This means I have to personally go discuss my own deals even though ISN still has a few things to finish off and Mina still has one more cover for me to shoot. Fortunately, she will be sending someone here and I won't need to fly back to the US."

Taehyung touched her hair and admired her confidence as he smiled, "Give me your email login. When I have time...I'll help you discuss."

"Mr. Kim, you promised you won't interfere with my business..."

"I haven't provided you with any resources, nor have I used any money to help you create contacts...as your husband, can't I share your responsibilities a little?"

Y/N had no choice but to nod her head, "OK Mr. Kim, but just this once."

The married couple worked well together to decide on the job. Afterward, they got out of bed and enjoyed their breakfast. However, just as Y/N was to leave the house, she received a phone call from Rose, "Y/N, Jennie has received an invitation from the organizing committee of the Top Ten Model Awards, the whole company is filled with excitement."

"When is the awards ceremony?" Y/N's eyes held a deeper meaning as she asked.

"In 10 days. During this time, Jennie will be proud again. I wonder how she managed to bribe the judges" - Rose couldn't contain her curiosity - "Y/N, do you think she did something sneaky behind Kai's back?"

"Since you can't help but be curious, I'm sure Kai will feel the same way." Y/N maintained her usual calmness, "Let her be proud. After all, it will only be for 10 days...after these 10 days, Jennie will no longer exist in the modeling industry."

"One more thing. The organizing committee has invited you to be a guest presenter on the night."

"OK Rose, I will be dropping by the office in a bit." Since she had decided to take on the TQ contract, according to the supplementary contract, she would have to present it to the higher-ups at SM. However, she had a bad feeling the higher-ups would reject this job.

"In that case, I'll come to pick you up now. Jennie is currently at the office; she's turned back into a crab - walking sideways all over the company (Translator's note: in Korean, they often call people crabs that walk sideways when they do what they want like they own the place)."

Y/N laughed in disapproval.

Half an hour later, Rose arrived at Hannam Dong in a car. Upon seeing Y/N's refreshed expression, she couldn't help but tease her, "The big president has been serving you well, it seems..."

"Be serious," Y/N couldn't help her cheeks from blushing red.

"Oh yeah, now that Seulgi has gone, SM must want to organize a new manager for you, what do you plan on doing about this?"

"I don't need a manager," Y/N shook her head. "I can discuss my own contracts and you can sit by my side and give me your opinion."

"Are you sure you will do it yourself?" Rose was doubtful; even if Y/N was willing, there was no way Taehyung would allow her.

"I can't hide anything from you...Taehyung is helping me out..." Y/N had no choice but to reveal the truth.

"Wow! Big Boss' abilities are super impressive. Let me tell you Y/N, you are not using him to his full potential."

The two chatted and laughed as they entered SM. However, the office's vibe was a bit different today.

Y/N wanted to see Kai, but Kai's secretary told Y/N he was currently in a meeting. However, when Rose went to have a look, there was obviously no one in the meeting room. Whereas, a woman's laughter could be heard coming from Kai's room.

Y/N sneered, but she didn't want to make things difficult for the secretary.

It seemed, Kai and the others were inside celebrating; not wanting to see her...

Words- 5450

Please share your opinions if you liked the chapter or not.

And keep motivating me by voting and commenting. ❤❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro