Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I tried to reach for my blade but he kicked it out of my way. He started talking to me but I didn't understand what was being said. I tried to haul myself backwards on the loose ground but he rested his hand on my legs, his gaze looked like one of kindness but I tried to swat it away. "Get away from me beast!" I exclaimed. But he ignored me and kept advancing, my energy was sapped and leaking from my body in a stream of crimson. He looked at two other orcs they both grunted and one hauled me over his shoulders, the fight for consciousness was a losing one. My eyes closed.

⚔

A few hours later and I am awake. My wound had been cauterized and bandaged poorly. My arms had been chained and I could barely move. My eyes travelled around the small hide tent, a spitting fire sat in the middle with wafting smoke travelling through the top of it. Tusks held the structure up and animal skins decorated the entirety of it. Thudding footsteps made their way towards me, the orc who found me made his way towards me two others followed closely behind him. Judging by the attire of the orc at the back they were a shaman they carried a pink liquid with them. 

One of the orcs gripped my head in their hands and forced  my jaw open, "no!" I cried and tried to wriggle out of his grip but he was too strong, the shaman poured the liquid down my throat. I tried to spit it out but my jaw was clamped shut. "Did it work?" The orc asked. I looked at him surprised.

"What?" I replied.

"Can you understand us?" he asked. I turned my head to the side.

"Is this what you orcs really sound like?" I inquired, they all exchanged glances and chuckled heartily.

"Yes," the one who found me said.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked. 

"No," he huffed. Another orc sat on my other side.

"We are hoping you will help us to make peace," he said.

"After what just happened the humans won't trust you," I said and threw my head back as a twinge of pain made its way around my small frame. 

"Durotan you should let the pink skin rest," the other orc said.

"You're right Orgrim," he paused looked at his friend and then looked back at me. "I'll be back to check on you in a few hours." I watched as the orcs left and with what strength was restored I tried to break the shackles holding me but it was futile the chain was too thick, exasperated I laid still and listened to the thumping feet of the gossiping orcs. I suddenly heard lighter footfalls and it was a female orc. 

"You're the pink skin Durotan saved," she said. I nodded.

"He's foolish. His plan won't work," I replied.

"Don't have such little faith pink skin, don't underestimate him he saved you for a reason instead of killing you. Be grateful for that," she said and walked out.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro