Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I never thought that I would be grocery shopping with my mates within our first day of learning of each other's existence, but here we are, with Yoongi pushing the cart behind us while Jimin leads the way.

I honestly dreaded the idea of coming here alone, so to have them by my side does make me feel better, and it helps to have more eyes on the lookout for the forbidden ingredients. The last thing I want is to overlook something and then crawl in pain to the bathroom the next day.

"What about this one? It looks alright, have you ever tried it?" Yoongi asks as he shows me a bag of bread, the kind that even someone with thousands of allergies could eat, but I find myself grimacing at the sight and he immediately puts it back where it was. "That answers my question".

"I'm sorry, it just tastes very bad" I mumble, to which he shakes his head with a light smile. "It's not your fault, sweetheart. It didn't look that good to begin with".

"Why is there so few choices around here? It doesn't make any sense" Jimin utters as he looks over the other brands, baffled by the lack of options I have.

"Companies don't make profit if it doesn't sell to the bigger crowd, so they don't waste their time on people like me, I guess. The city had more to offer, but... it often tastes like crap, or maybe it's just because I'm used to mom's cooking" I mutter the end with a sigh, that's something I will certainly come to miss.

"If it tastes like crap, then it's a waste of our time" Jimin continues, unhappy as he puts back another bread that doesn't fit the requirements. "I'll have a talk with the store manager another day, there has to be more out there that would be as good to the taste as it's safe for you".

"We should look online to see what brands are worth our attention. If we give them a list, maybe they could make a deal with the local distributor to get us some" Yoongi adds, not happy with how this shopping is turning out to be when the cart only has fruits and a few vegetables so far.

I smile at their obvious indignation, finding comfort in that I'm not alone exasperated right now. Solar used to get mad for my sake as well, while Eric would search online to see if we could import food from oversea so that I could give them a try.

It's funny how similar Jimin and Yoongi are in that regard.

"What about cereals? I'm sure there are some she can eat without getting sick" Jimin wonders aloud as he heads to the next aisle without waiting for us, and I follow behind while Yoongi sighs in discontentment.

"Cereals are easier to find than bread" I let them know as we start gazing at the different kinds. "Like these, they're alright. Not my favourite, but they don't have the ones I'm used to so they'll do for this time".

"We'll add the ones you like on the list, I'm sure they'll keep a couple of things in stock for you if it's for your health. Perks of living in a small town" Yoongi comments as he rearranges the boxes neatly on the side of the cart. "What's next?".

"Yogourt and oatmeal" I reply as I think back to what I used to eat at home. "As for the rest, we'll just have to see what's available, I'm not too familiar with what they have here yet".

"That's fair, let's take our time" the dragon hums, feeling better now that he can see I won't have to starve while I'm in Crimson Bay. Maybe a bit of an overreaction when all I really need to do is to be careful about the ingredients, but he couldn't help it.

He's a worrywart, what else can he do?

With that said, they talk me through each aisles of the store, and we work together to pinpoint everything that I can eat no problem. Yoongi goes as far as to make a folder in his phone gallery with pictures of everything I know I enjoy, and Jimin has fun posing as he holds said items for the pictures.

I don't have the heart to tell him that Yoongi keeps zooming in so only the food shows on the screen.

Some things are better left unsaid, as they say, right?

Yoongi's POV

"What are you doing, hyung?".

I look up from where I'm working to glance at Jimin as he circles the kitchen island to have a look at the dough I'm making, curious eyes switching from the stretchy texture to the ingredients on the side before ending on me again.

"Are you baking for her, hyung?" he asks again with a growing grin that has my ears turning hot a little bit. "She was disappointed that there wasn't any bread of her taste yesterday, so you're trying to make your own for our sweet girl?".

"Well- she said she's not good in the kitchen, and it's the only way she can have food that tastes good while also respecting her restrictions, so I'm giving it a try. I've never baked before but it can't be that hard, I'm getting the hang of it" I mumble as I focus back on my task at hand.

There wasn't a need for my presence at the clinic today so I decided to spend the morning looking up recipes, then went to the store to get everything I'd need to try different things.

I have in mind to bake bread, muffins and cookies, all because I saw her stare longingly at those exact things last night. I don't know if they'll be good, but if I can allow her to eat those things without the risk of getting sick, then I'll be satisfied for now.

Baking might not be my strong point, but if I can get better with experience, then why not give it a go?

"Did you ask her if she wanted to spend the afternoon together like you wanted?" I ask him after a while of comfortable silence between us.

Jimin works at a flower shop in the market square and leaves very early every morning to prepare for the day. He normally has every afternoons off, so he's usually bored since I always work entire days, but Y/N isn't too busy as of yet.

She doesn't have a job and might get bored being on her own as well, so he wanted to ask her if she wanted to do something with him. He ran out to her house to ask her in person a few minutes ago, but seeing as she's not here, it didn't work out as he wanted.

A very Jimin thing to do. Couldn't just send her a text message on the phone when she's next door.

He droops over the counter at my question. "She wasn't there. I knocked on the door and then called her on the phone, but she didn't reply. I saw some footsteps in the mud leading to the street, so I think she left for a walk a while ago".

I hum softly at his disappointment.

"Maybe she went to the park" I offer simply, and he perks up slightly. "The one we drove past yesterday. It seemed to really catch her attention because she looked eager to go, but couldn't because of the rain".

"Right! She might have gone there, I'll have a look" he suddenly muses before opening a cupboard to grab some blood snacks. "I'm sure she won't forget after what happened yesterday, but one is never too safe. You should carry some in your bag too, hyung, just in case".

I make a sound to let him know I got it, then wave him goodbye when he hurriedly wears his boots again before running out. I huff softly before kneading the dough one last time.

"Now, let the dough rise for an hour... just like this?" I wonder to myself as I read the instructions for the tenth time in five minutes. I never knew baking would be so stressful, but I'm so nervous about messing something up that I haven't been able to trust the process just yet.

I fit the dough into the glass bowl before covering it with a towel, then stare at it with a frown. That looks wrong but... I guess I'll have to trust whoever made that recipe for now, because I have no idea what I'm doing.

"Now, on to the cookies. Let's see..."

Your POV

Watching all the kids playing in the park with laughter and playful screams makes me nostalgic, for some reason.

I remain seated at the picnic table I found in a calm corner earlier, eyes on the group of mothers talking together on one side while their children play together. What is it about that sight that's making me feel this way?

I used to go to the park too, when I was a kid. Mom would watch while I'd sit on the swing, lost in my own head.

Sometimes, Solar would come with us. She'd push me until I'd be swinging too high and mom would freak out before ending the outing. Solar would get scolded, but she'd wink at me and we would giggle together, further offending mom who always worried about my safety.

I watch as the kids run over the grass. Some of them trip and fall, but no one comes running to help them. They just... rise to their feet and keep playing as if nothing happened.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling so nostalgic.

I never had anyone to play with. Too dangerous, mom would say. They have germs that will make you sick, you need to stay away from other kids until you're bigger and stronger. I never experienced something like this, never made friends in a time where making friends was as easy as breathing.

I sigh as I rest my head over my arms, eyes glued on the sight that they make. The mothers talk together while their child play, and when it'll be time to go home, they'll hug each other before going each their way.

I can't help but wonder, sometimes, how different my life would have been if only I wasn't born a half-breed. If I had ended up a vampire, or a dragon instead of both, would I have had a normal childhood?

What about my parents? My brother and sister? Would they have had a normal life instead of having to worry about me all the time?

I smell Jimin's scent before I hear his steps, and I look up just in time to find him smiling as he raises a hand that drops over my head in a gentle caress, careful to not touch my horns. "This isn't how I was expecting to find you upon coming here. Why do you look all sad, hun?".

I purse my lips before glancing back towards where the kids are now sat on the swings and pushing each other. Some try to get as high as possible before jumping, and one mother screams in fear when her child tries to do the same.

The little boy lands and falls face first before bursting into tears, and she hurries to his side where she consoles him with a big hug and soft hushes.

Must have been a human. I always found it risky to have supernatural beings and humans play together before they can learn of their differences, but I guess... there's also learning in making those mistakes by themselves.

"I'm not sad" I utter as he comes to sit besides me. "I'm just... looking. Have you lived here all your life, Jimin?".

He hums softly. "I have, and Yoongi too. We actually went to the same high school, that's where we met for the first time. He graduated first, though. This park... I used to come here as a child with my dad. Yoongi lived on the other side of Crimson Bay so he went to another one".

I turn my head over on my arm so I can stare at him, and he tilts his head slightly as he observes me.

"What's wrong, Y/N? If you're not sad, then why do your eyes look so glassy? What's on your pretty little mind?".

I keep staring at him for a beat longer before closing my eyes and adjusting my posture so I face the other half of the park again. What's the point of even feeling this way today? Sulking won't change the past, so why am I that affected?

"It's nothing, seriously" I insist, not wanting to look pitiful in front of him, I have enough of yesterday to deal with. I'm slowly coming to terms with what I've done to Yoongi, but those emotions are still fragile and I don't want to stir anything up uselessly.

Jimin makes a long sound before dropping the subject, his eyes roaming over the sight before us.

"I called you on the phone earlier, but you didn't pick up" he comments instead, and only after patting my pockets do I realize that I indeed forgot it at home. I only thought to grab a snack and a bottle of water before leaving.

"Yeah... I must have forgotten it on my bed. I'm sorry, Jimin, I hope you weren't too worried".

He hums lightly. "I won't lie, it did cross my mind that something could've happened to you, but then I thought... you're not a child anymore, so I calmed down. I don't want to treat you like a helpless kitten, so I'm going to trust that you'll come to us if you need us, and that you're fine if you don't".

Surprised, I glance back at him to find that he's already gazing at me with warmth in his grey eyes.

"If you want to change anything in that decision of mine, now's the time to say it. Otherwise, I'm going to do my best to not freak out on you just because of the what if's my mind comes up with. I don't want you to think that I don't believe you can take care of yourself".

I break eye contact, another sigh past my lips as I process his kind words. I appreciate that he trusts in my judgement like this, but I don't know myself if it's such a good idea, considering what happened at the docks.

But then again, a mistake doesn't mean everything I do is wrong. That was a lesson, and I've learnt it. It won't happen again, that I will make sure of. But what else is there that I have yet to learn? What will happen then?

"My family is very protective of me" I begin after a minute of thinking.

"It's always... 'don't go there on your own or you'll get lost, don't do that or you'll hurt yourself, stay inside where it's warm', or... 'take some medicine and go to bed, you look pale this morning. Take a bath, have some tea and don't do anything unnecessary. Let us do it for you".

I shrug a little before straightening up my back so I can stretch. "Don't get me wrong, I love them very much, but no one's ever thought... you know what? She knows how to take care of herself, so let's trust her. I don't even know if I trust myself with that".

Jimin's brows furrow the slightest bit, understanding flashing on his face, and I smile at him.

"Coming here alone is a first for me. It's scary to not have my family by my side anymore, because they're not there anymore to tell me what I can and shouldn't do. I have to think for myself now, and I'm finding out that I don't trust myself that much after all".

Jimin scoots over until he can wrap an arm around my back, then gently pulls so I can lean against him with my head on his shoulder. I don't fight it, instead finding comfort in his touch. His coldness soothes the heat of my skin, it feels good.

"If I'm honest... I don't know how much I can handle before getting sick. The rain, and now being outside in the park, what will that do to me? I don't think my family knew either, that's why they tried so hard to keep me away from what they considered dangerous, because they were scared".

The vampire seems to ponder a moment as he tries to gather his thoughts, and I wait with pursed lips and my gaze trained on the side of his face. He eventually nods to himself, then stares at me with a softness that keeps me from expecting the worst.

"I'd like to know how you see things, Y/N. How you see Yoongi and I caring for you. On one side, I can tell that your family kept you from a lot of things by fear alone, and that frustrated and limited you, but on the other hand, I can hear in your voice that you felt safe in that routine. Do you want a middle ground of what you had? Or do you want us to simply accompany you as you learn your limits on your own?".

Very good questions, and it's acting almost as a shock to me that someone would finally ask me that only after I turned thirty years old. I think a part of me expected that my life would remain the same forever, but now I can think for myself and it's harder to do than I thought it would be.

"I did feel safe in that routine... but it was also frustrating, as you said" I mumble with a frown.

"It's tiring to always hear someone say 'don't do that, don't do this' as if I'm a child. But at the same time, I've mostly shown them that I needed someone to say those things, because if they didn't, I would do dumb shit that got me really sick".

Jimin snorts at my statement against all odds, then breaks out into giggles. "I'm sorry, it's just the way you worded that. What kind of dumb shit should we be on the lookout for?" he asks with a grin on his lips, a brow lifted up in curiosity.

"Oh. Uh". I look away from him, face flushed. "I eat food I'm not supposed to. When I'm denied something tasty too many times... I just lose it, you know? So I go outside and get a huge size of whatever I crave before finding a quiet place to devour it on my own until there's nothing left".

Jimin bursts into laughter at that, and he almost falls off the bench, taking me with him. I cling onto the table with both hands, eyes round as he throws his head back in belly laughter. "Oh my god, Y/N, I'm so sorry for laughing but- of all things to say, I was not expecting that!".

I try to resist laughing with him, but hearing him ultimately pulls me in, and we end up holding against one another as tears cling to our lashes, stomachs turning painful in a good way.

Of all the possible reactions he could have, this was not the one I'm used to.

"We shouldn't be laughing, I seriously get sick the next day" I utter between two giggles that the vampire echoes, though I can see that he's trying really hard to calm down.

"Right, right, that part's not funny" he says with one last chuckle. "Have you tried finding places that can make common food without the ingredients that are bad for you? I would think there'd be many in the city" he asks, to which I nod slowly while looking down with a pout.

"I have, but they don't taste as good" I complain, which earns me an endeared sigh and a rub over my back.

"Oh, hun" he coos lovingly. "How about we try to come up with ways so that you don't end up going on a food crave again? Yoongi is trying to bake for the first time in his life right now because he wants you to enjoy the things that you can't otherwise".

Such a revelation has my eyes widening in surprise and my stomach filling with butterflies. Yoongi is what? He's learning to bake... for me?

"He was kneading dough earlier, so I guess he made bread first. You'll have to be honest when you comment on the taste because if you lie, he'll be making it every week for the rest of eternity. Our dragon is big on acts of services to show that he cares, so make good use of that information and try not to feel too bad if you don't like something. He's not the kind to give up easily".

Feeling warm all over, I shyly link my hands over my lap, not knowing what to say to that, and Jimin smiles softly, seeing through me so easily. My scent has fluffed up nicely, a blooming garden of roses that has spread as far as the horizon goes, and they're all covered in chocolate. Chocolate roses.

"Please think about my question from earlier, Y/N. About what you want from us. Yoongi and I talked about it last night and we both came to the conclusion that we need to know, otherwise we'll always be up in your face trying to make sure you're alright" he says again and I nod, knowing that this requires a serious answer.

"I'll think about it, Jimin, I promise".

When his phone begins to ring, I look down at the table while he searches his bag to find the device. I sure don't expect him to show me the screen with a grin when Yoongi's name appears on it, or the way that my heart skips a beat at the thought of him.

"Hyung. I'm with Y/N right now, she was in the park, like you said" he says upon answering the call, and I can't help but to overhear the conversation because of my good hearing. I couldn't not hear it, even if I tried.

'That's good, I figured you were with her when I didn't get any news from you in a while. Mind asking her if dark chocolate is something she can handle? I'm making muffins right now, I found a recipe named choco-banana. That sounds like something she'd like?'.

"Oh! A little is fine, and the darker the better" I answer excitedly before wilting out of embarrassment when Jimin side glances at me, as he was not even given time to blink before I spoke. I purse my lips, then look away from him. That's my bad.

"You heard her, hyung. Anything else you wanted?".

'Heard her loud and clear. And now that you ask - yes, actually. I miss my mates, any chance that I might get them back soon? Or am I doomed to spend the day alone? I don't work for once, and I'm spending it in the kitchen while you're outside. Not a big fan of that'.

A sly smirk spreads across Jimin's face, and I watch as he leans his cheek on his palm, his elbow propped onto the table, something playful coming out of his scent as he hums deeply.

"Is our big dragon lonely? He wants a kiss and some cuddles, is that it? From the both of us, hyung? I was kind of liking the idea of having her all to myself" he asks teasingly, a wink sent my way when I gulp audibly.

'You'll be the death of me, Jimin-ah. I want a kiss and cuddles, and I want both of my mates. Is that asking for too much? Can I not have my two dearest people by my side on my day off? Or do you need me to drive over and catch you myself? Because I can certainly do that'.

I blink quickly as Jimin's eyes light up with the promise of a fun game. He stares at me, then makes a small sound. "As much as that sounds great... I'll go easy on Y/N for today, she looks like a scared little lamb right now. We'll be on our way soon, can you handle waiting some more?".

'I could wait an eternity, as long as it means you'll find your way back to me. But don't make me wait that long, please'.

My heart softens at that last plea, and Jimin smiles tenderly.

"I could never, hyung, you know that. Eternity is meant to be lived together. We'll see you soon".

'Yeah, okay. I love you, baby'.

"I love you too, hyung".

I try not to look too out of place as I get to hear their easy display of love while knowing that I'm not a part of it. I feel stupid that it hurts to not be included in that little moment of theirs. We met yesterday while they've known each other for ages, it's granted that I cannot expect to be given something that has grown over the years in a single day.

I admit that it's making me feel a little awkward, now. I've arrived years into their relationship, what is that going to be like for me?

A hand gently settles over my hip, and I let my eyes fall back on Jimin just as he presses his phone over my ear. Confused, I don't dare to breathe as I await whatever is going on right now, because the warmth and understanding on his face makes me want to cry. Why?

'Can you hear me, sweetheart?'.

I hum, gaze locked on Jimin's, and Yoongi makes a small sound in response.

'When Jimin and I first met, there was something that we used to tell each other. We didn't want to say I love you too quickly, so we came up with something just as loving, without all the pressure that came with those three words' he says with that soothing voice of his and I keep silent, not wanting to speak when I can listen to his rasp instead.

'Our concept was that whenever we'd spend time together, a lovely flower would bloom into the garden of our bond. So when that love would grow between us, when our chests would start to ache from not sharing that affection aloud, we would say - I flower you. To others, it might have sounded silly, but to us, it meant so much more than mere words'.

Now beginning to understand where he's trying to go with that, I pinch my lips together as my eyes begin to fill with tears, a heavy lump forming in my throat that would be painful if it wasn't born from the relief I'm currently feeling.

'So let me tell you in all honesty, with the love that I can feel in my chest for you right this instant. I flower you, Y/N, for one flower between us is all we need to start the new and long journey that is ours'.

My chin begins to wobble as I process the words spoken to me, for my soul currently overflows with all the love he just sent my way, and lips press onto my head, gentle and comforting.

"I flower you, princess. Always more than yesterday, and infinitely less than tomorrow. Please don't cry, you're going to make me cry too" Jimin adds in a soft whisper, fingers delicate as he catches my tears while his own threaten to flow anytime.

I need to steady my voice before I can speak again, because they somehow managed to give me this incredibly precious gift by giving a magical meaning to a word that is so close to my identity, and I wasn't ready.

My scent of roses can be strong at times, and mom used to say that it was my soul's silent way of sharing my love to the people around me. But now, I can express that love with words too, and the meaning will forever be etched into my heart.

"I flower you too... from sunrise to sunset, and for every stars that light up the sky. Those flowers will forever bloom for this precious bond that is ours, that's my eternal promise to you".

---
As I now update two stories at the same time every two Fridays, this is to let you know that I have updated The solstice coven too!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro