12. Eragon son of Eret

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"That was crazy! And awesome!" Snotlout cheered as the group continued their tour of the village.

"Yeah it's amazing about how when you breed our dragons with yours you can get something amazing out of it!" Fishlegs said excitedly.

"Hey Flora is your dragon part of that new breed of dragons you showed us?" Snotlout asked.

"Yes she is. Sunbeam also happens to be vegetarian so she doesn't even eat other dragons. In fact she eats like an elf which is to say she just eats everything but meat. She doesn't even eat fish."

"A Deathsong who eats just vegetables?" Tuffnut asked in horror.

"That doesn't sound good. Not to mention a little bit unusual." Ruffnut said nodding in agreement.

"Well would you expect a dragon that eats dragons to actually live in a village with dragons?"

"Umm...."

"Exactly. But for some reason when I tried introducing her to other meats that her father eats she didn't like them. She didn't want to eat dragons either so when we gave her vegetables, she loved them."

"So her dad is one of your dragons and her mother is a Deathsong?" Astrid asked.

"Yes. Her father was strong, kind and brave. But her mother, oh she was even better than any of our female dragons."

"Hey look it's all of our crew!" Eret exclaimed, pointing to a group of men ahead who were huddled together and talking loudly.

"Wait the whole crew survived? I thought several of them must have died!" Hiccup said in surprise.

"Well lucky for us they didn't. They fought bravely to protect me and my son. And for that I am grateful." Kierra said with a smile.

"You really need to tell us how it all went." Eret said with a chuckle.

"I will tonight if you wish." She said.

As they got closer they saw a small figure standing in the middle of the men. Kierra put her fingers to her lips and gave a shrill whistle. The men moved aside to show a small boy among them. He saw them approaching and gave a squeal of joy and ran to Kierra who bent down and held her arms open. He leapt into her open arms and hugged her neck.

"Mama I miss you!" He cried, burrowing his head into her hair.

"Oh I miss you too my little dragon rider." She said hugging him and rubbing her nose playfully against his.

"Mama who that?" The boy asked when he noticed the Vikings and pointed to them. Kierra turned so they could both be facing the group.

"These people are your father and his friends." They all waved to him. The boys face lit up with excitement.

"Where daddy? I wanna see daddy!" He squealed excitedly bouncing in his mother's arms.

"Alright calm down dear. Daddy is there in the group and he is very excited to see you again." Kierra chuckled.

"I wanna see daddy now!" He cheered. Kierra then took Eret's hand and pulled him from the group and put the boy into his arms.

"Eragon this is your father Eret. Eret this is your son Eragon." Kierra said introducing them once again. Eragon studied Eret's face carefully and Eret studied Eragon's.

Eragon had long wavey jet black hair and eyes that looked like the color of gold in the sun, and a small line of freckles dotting the bridge of his nose. His tiny face was shaped like Kierra's but his wide little eyes and nose were Eret's. Then Eragon broke into a smile that was like Kierra's and threw his arms around Eret's neck. Kierra let Eret grab onto him and stepped back a bit.

"Daddy!" He yelled happily. Eret put a hand on his sons back and hugged him.

"My boy...my baby boy. After all these years I thought I would never see you again." He whispered softly into his sons ear. Eragon looked at his mother and smiled. Then Eret pulled Kierra into the hug with Eragon and held them close. "Here we are, together again. And this time we'll be together for good."

"We will, won't we?" Kierra asked and Eret gave a nod before kissing the top of her head.

"Forever and always." Eret promised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kierra continued to lead the now overly packed group since the trappers decided to join them in the tour of the village. Eret was talking up a storm with them and catching up with all that he missed. He was even letting Eragon ride on his shoulders as they walked.

Kierra pointed out the houses that were in the trees belonged to their dragon riders. They only had ten of their riders which had a mix of the Alegasian dragons and their mixed breeds along with some sort of wild Viking dragons. Alch said that he refused to sleep in the trees so he and his dragon Goldsmoke slept in a cave near the village.

"So you guys live like Vikings and elves." Hiccup said surveying everything.

"Yes this place has a feel of our country. We have a place for men, Urgals, Dwarves, elves and dragons here. Five races united in one place." Alch said proudly.

"Oh look we are arriving at the arena." Said No-Name pointing tod a large arena that overlooked a cliff. "And there's the one where we do sword fighting."

"No one can best Kierra. She is an expert swordswoman." Said Ug, one of the men who used to man the bola launchers.

"You are forgetting that Eret can do just as good as her." Argued Kolg, who used to be the repairman of the boat.

"Well then, shall we have a match to see who is better?" Eret said grinning mischievously at Kierra.

"Alright then," Kierra said tying her braid into a bun, "loser-"

"Loser has to do whatever the winner wants them to do no matter how wierd it is!" Snotlout butted in. Both Kierra and Eret's faces bloomed red. Then Kierra gave Eret a coy smile.

"Alright then, loser has to that." She said and drew her sword from it's sheath.

"Fine but you better not make me do something stupid." Eret said pulling his sword out. Both poised themselves to spar.

"Begin!" Yelled Ug slamming his fist on a metal chestplate.

Kierra lunged forward and Eret blocked her blow. (Then just imagine whatever awesome sword fight you want with this music). After what seemed like hours of fighting they felt tired.

"Give up?" Kierra asked.

"Nope not giving up this easily." Eret said and raised his sword and brought it down.

Kierra moved forward to avoid but felt the wind from his sword and felt something odd. There was a soft thump and everyone gasped. Kierra looked at the ground and her eyes widened in shock. Her braid had became loose from it's bun and was now lying on the ground. She touched the back of her neck and felt her smooth skin.

"Oh Thor, Kierra I am so sorry!" Eret cried, scooping up her braid into his hand. Kierra just stared at it. Then she touched the pieces of the short hair on her head and looked at him.

"Does it look bad?" She asked in a nervous tone. Eret thought for a bit before answering.

"No it doesn't."

"You hesitated." Tuffnut interjected. Eret shot him a look and her Kierra laugh.

"Don't fret. I thought you said once that you thought that I would look good in short hair." She said smiling. Eret felt the corners of his lips tug into a smile. Then he began to laugh with her and so did everyone else.

"Alright I'll admit it but let's get it fixed." He said putting the sword away.

"I know someone who could fix that." Kierra said sheathing her sword and taking his hand. "Come on now! To Angela's!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro