13. Old Friends

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kierra led them all to a tent that was much farther than all the houses. Outside of it was a snoozing Razorwhip with several dragons sleeping in the trees. The dragon heard them and once it caught sight of them, it gave an excited screech.

Then out from the trees leapt out Toothless, Skull Crusher, Meatlug, Barf and Belch, Hookfang and Stormfly. All the dragons rushed to their riders and knocked them over. Luckily Eragon was snatched up by Moonfire before Skull Crusher knocked Eret to the ground.

"Rhino dragon!" Eragon squealed pointing to the Rumblehorn excitedly as his mothers dragon placed him down gently.

"And what is the proper name for those dragons?" Moonfire asked. Eragon's face scrunched up in concentration as he struggled to remember.

"You actually have him try to memorize the name of every dragon species we know?" Astrid asked looking impressed.

"I still thinking." Eragon said. The Razorwhip walked over to him and licked his face. Eragon gave a scream and ran to hide behind his mother.

"Oh come on Eragon, it's not like being licked by Windshear is gonna kill you." Kierra said trying to pry him off of her leg.

"She licks me too hard and it leaves me wet!" Eragon whined as Eret, who managed to get out from under his dragon, yanked him off of his mother.

"Wait that Razorwhip is named Windshear?" Hiccup asked.

"Yes, why?" Kierra said rubbing the spot where Eragon clung so tightly to.

"Well would her rider's name happen to be Heather?" Snotlout asked.

"Again, yes and why?" Kierra answered again looking at them in confusion. She looked to Eret for an explanation but he looked just as confused as she was and shrugged.

"Well what is this? Seven Viking dragon riders in the most hidden island ever known?" Said a womans voice. They turned to see a woman with long black hair that was braided over her shoulder which went past her waist. Her green eyes observed them carefully.

"Heather?" Hiccup, Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Tuffnut and Ruffnut said in unison. Heather's face broke into a grin and she gave them a bow.

"The one and only." She said raising her head and smiling at them.

"What are you doing here?" Astrid asked.

"Visiting my godson of course." Heather answered walking over to Eret and gently taking Eragon from his arms.

"Hai godmama." Eragon said hugging her.

"Hello my little godson. Have you been behaving yourself?"

"Yes and guess what? Mama found daddy!"

"That's terrific!" She turned to face Kierra and gave a gasp. "Oh my gods what happened to your hair?" Kierra grabbed Eret by the ear and pulled him forward.

"Sword fighting with this idiot." She said and Heather frowned at him.

"That's my daddy." Eragon said reaching out to his dad but Heather returned him to his mother and walked over to him. Then she grabbed him by the shirt and vest and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"You got one of my best friends pregnant and you didn't even remember to go looking for her and your son for three years. You really screwed up." She said angrily.

"Hey take it easy I didn't remember about them till after the battle with Drago. And plus I thought that they were dead." Eret said yanking himself from her grip putting his hands up in surrender.

"Heather please don't kill him." Kierra groaned.

"Your right Kierra, it would leave physical evidence." Heather said.

"That's not what I meant!"

"I'm kidding. But seriously why him of all men? A dragon rider/dragon shifter and a dragon trapper doesn't make sense." Heather said jerking her thumb at Eret.

"Well neither does you and your brother. I can't even believe you both are actually related!" Kierra answered handing Eragon to Astrid.

"Same with your kid and that guy." Heather said tossing her head at Eret.

"Well at least it wasn't that jerk."

"Oooh don't even say his name. Just the mere mention of him makes my skin crawl." Heather said shuddering.

"Who are you talking about?" Hiccup asked.

"No one." Both girls said in unison then burst out into laughter.

"Say what did you come here for?" Heather asked after she composed herself.

"To see Angela. I wanted to ask her if she could help me out with this mess." Kierra pointed to her uneven and choppy hair.

"Unfortunately Angela is not here and niether is that creepy cat of hers. But I can help." Heather went inside the tent and came back out with a stool. She went back in brought out some scissors and wrapped a blanket around Kierra.

"Just make it even if you can." Heather carefully clipped away the long uneven strands till it was perfect.

"There. Now that looks kinds cute on you." Heather said taking the blanket off of Kierra and handling her a knife to see her reflection.

"Nice job. It looks great." Kierra sais with a smile and handed Heather back the knife.

"So are you and Moonfire gonna race today?" Heather asked as she put her sruff away.

"Of course we are. And we won't loose this one."

"I only do this for the sheer fun of it. And it is pretty funny to see all the young riders try to be smart with us." Moonfire chuckled.

"What kind of racing do you guys do?" Astrid asked as she tried to pull her hair out of Eragon's little hands.

"Oh you'll see." Heather said with her eyes glittering mischievously.

"And you will love it." Kierra added with a grin.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro