Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You're lucky to survive too, especially with the injuries you sustained," she said.

"If it wasn't for Leo," I replied. 

"Yes," she huffed and pinned her ears, "I heard about that."

"You're in love with Leo!" I exclaimed. 

"I am not!" She growled and left my quarters. I huffed a laugh which turned into a pine as the pain raced my torso. "Can never hide anything from a wolf," I whispered to myself my voice strained and hoarse.

"You need to rest Aelina!" The physician exclaimed.

"I can't, I'm restless," I protest.

"I know you are, but you won't heal if you don't rest," she says.

"But I'm going to be useless sitting around here!" I growl and pin my ears.

"I know, I know but you're better off staying here and resting rather than being injured on deck," the physician said.

"Fine," I growl and cross my paws over my chest. The physician leaves me to rest. A few hours later and Leo comes to visit me.

"What's this I'm hearing about you fighting the healing?" He asked and sat down next to me.

"I've been snitched on then huh?" I answered. He nods.

"I've come to keep you company and keep you in line!' He said letting out a deep growl.

"I'm not a puppy!" I remind him.

"I'm aware, but you need to start acting like an adult wolf,' he said. "You've been on my crew for a few days, and had your first fight you're only learning our ways." I let out an unamused huff.

"You're such a puppy!" He exclaims. 

"Yeah I get it! Quit repeating yourself!" I said and pinned my ears. He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. 

"How I ever let a stubborn wolf on my crew I will never know," he said. 

"Not the first time I've heard that," I said.

"Then maybe you should listen," he says and huffs a laugh.

"You know you're going to make that  feline girl jealous," I said.

"Oh Clarissa?" He responds. I nod, my tall ears bouncing.

"Please, I'm not interested in her," he says running a hand over his mane. "She's just after male of her species."

"Oh," I said, "I thought it was because you're a captain and have your own ship?" He let out a hearty laugh.

"I didn't realise how funny you were!" He chuckled. "No, never. Being a captain does have its perks but it doesn't always work like that." I nod listening to him.

"I see okay," I nod.

"Why do you ask?" He quizzes me.

"Because she...nevermind," I look away and look at the floor.

"No please finish!' He said.

"Fine," she said. "She was very defensive of you earlier."

"She was?" He asked. I nod.

"Mhm, maybe it's worth speaking to her?" I suggested.

"No need," he says, "I've already told her once or twice and made it clear to her!" He growled.

"Well, she's obviously not listening. She's blinded by her love for you and doesn't want to be told no," I said.

"Yeah, you have a point there," he agreed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro