8 - The Miracle Box

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

That was unbelievable! I'd just started feeling comfortable as Marinette! And now I had to start all over again?!

"Bugaboo?" Ladybug asked me tenderly, kneeling by my side.

"Woah... That was totally unexpected..." I sighed staring at my palm covered by some little blackholes – a proof that Cat Noir had already used his "Cataclysm" spell.

"What now?"

"We have to use this Cataclysm, otherwise I'll hurt you or myself, or I'll destroy the Louvre Palace..." I muttered.

Ladybug found a bird feather and popped it out in the air. I caught it and it turned into dust instantly.

"Thanks..." I murmured. "It looked like an Amok, you know?"

"It seems like both of us used the superpowers..." Ladybug sighed looking at a dotted red globe in her hands. "We'll transform back soon."

"So, we'd better go down from the roof." I suggested and stood up.

"Still remember how to use the staff?" Ladybug winked at me in a very Cat Noir's style.

"You bet!" I laughed.

But I wasn't amused. I waited for Ladybug leaving towards the Seine and assessed the Cat Noir's weapon. I repeated to myself to trust to my instinct and to body memory, yet I was terrified at the idea of another air means of transport... I would have to go to therapy after all that!

I found Ladybug at the bank of Seine next to the Pont du Carrousel. We hid under the bridge.

"We don't have time, Cat..." I whispered. "We have to find a shelter. If Juggler finds us when we are in the civilian selves, we can say goodbye to our Miraculouses."

"We'll learn about our identities!" Ladybug replied in horror. Adrien started paninicking... Not good... That didn't help me at all.

"Actually, I know yours..." I admitted and Ladybug gasped. "But I'm aware it might be a shock for you... Before we'll transform back, could you show me what's the 'Lucky charm'?"

"I have no idea what's that..."

I glanced at the oval object in Ladybug's hands. If anyone asked me, I'd say it looked like a new Miracle Box. That meant we needed an ally. My brain tried to work as fast as possible.

"OK, Cat..." I made a decision. "We have to split. I'm going for the Miracle Box, although I have no idea who could we ask for help. Chloe revealed all identities of the miraculous' holders. I hope I'll figure out something in the meanwhile. Let's meet somewhere around the Eiffel Tower. If I make it..."

"I'm sure you will, M'Lady..." Ladybug assured me, and my brain tried to process the collision of words and image of a person speaking. "You have been Lady Noir already, so I'm sure you'll do your job perfectly..."

"But I have never been a boy..." I muttered, and my partner burst out laughing.

"After Reflekta nothing surprises me anymore..." he replied after a moment.

"Good luck, Cat! Oh, and don't panic!"

"Why should I?" Ladybug asked me surprised.

"Tikki will take care of you..." I told rather myself than him, suspecting how much he would be shocked when he found out the Ladybug's identity. "See you later!"

I jumped on the Cat's staff, trying to overcome sickness at my stomach. I preferred walking on the ground, but there was no time for this. I had to be home before I transformed into Adrien.

I landed on Marinette's balcony just before my time was up. When my feet stood on the floor I felt transformation. I saw green flashes around me and a cool air ran down through my body. Plagg emerged immediately in front of my face and looked at me concerned. Was it possible that this little sarcastic cat was worrying about a teenager's emotions?

"Don't panic, Pigtails..."

Oh, right! Plagg's nickname for Marinette...

"I'm fine... I knew it was Adrien..." I muttered, jumping into Marinette's bedroom.

"Really?" Plagg was surprised, but to hide all hints of sensitivity he added in his normal tone: "I'm starving!"

"Of course..." I reached my pocket to get some cheese for the kwami. "Even if I gave you piles of camembert you'd still be starving..."

"Piles of camembert... You know my deepest dreams, Pigtails..."

"No comment... Now, let's find the Miracle Box..."

"Find? What do you mean by saying 'find'?" Plagg choked with cheese but looked at me meaningful, so I gave him another piece of camembert. "You've already lost it?" he asked ironically.

"I haven't lost it. I hid it..."

"And you forgot where?"

"It's a long story..." I muttered.

At that moment my phone began ringing. There was Marinette's picture on the screen. So Adrien had just found out. I clicked a green button.

"Marinette?!" a shocked face of... well... Marinette was staring at me, but said nothing more.

"Don't panic. Just breathe!" I replied.

"But... Marinette?"

Not good... Apparently, Adrien's brain stopped working.

"Calm down, please... Is there Tikki?"

The red kwami didn't show up, but I heard her voice somewhere there. Oh, right! I forgot that kwami were invisible for technologies!

"Can you take care of him?" I asked with concern. A panicked partner wouldn't help me in coming back home. "I can see he didn't take it too well..."

"It's not like that, Marinette!" Adrien replied. "It's just..."

"I know, Adrien... I know..." I cut it, although I had no idea what he wanted to say. Probably, he would start talking about our friendship and how happy he was, but surprised too. I had no time for that. I had to find the Miracle Box. "I have a problem, Tik. Can you tell me, where I should look for you-know-what?"

"I can't tell you..." Tikki sounded like she was really sad that she couldn't help me. "Try to figure it out. Plagg will help. Remember he can pass through solid objects..."

"If the Box was smeared with camembert he would find it within a couple of seconds..." I muttered under my breath.

"Camembert? Someone has said 'camembert'? Plagg pricked up his ears. "And I object! I would find the Box within less than a second! If it was smeared with camembert, of course... What a shame it isn't..."

"Can you give a hint maybe?" I turned back to the phone. "Just a hint, Tikki..."

"All I can tell you is that yesterday we had no time to find a perfect hiding place." Kwami replied. "We found a tolerable one..."

Woah, much better!

"Why are you so calm?" Marinette, or rather Adrien, cut in.

"What"? I was surprised.

"You don't look like shocked that... you know... That I am..."

"It's a long story..." I said, realising that I repeated this too often. "Don't worry. After 'Miraculous Ladybug' we both will forget about our identities."

"But... I don't want to forget..." Adrien confessed.

'Your bad, because you will...' crossed my mind. That how the spell worked. And I could be more that sure that the original Marinette would have no idea about Cat Noir's identity.

"Focus, Adrien!" I called him to order. "You must recharge Tikki. You should find some macaroons in my purse. But wait with transformation because I may need Tikki if I have some more problems with seeking. Just... Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!"

I hung up.

"I should have made you take back all those 'just a friend's!" I muttered to myself. "I swear if you said that, I'd cut myself into pieces. Or you..."

I heard laugh. Plagg seemed to have fun.

"It's hilarious!"

"I'm so glad to see you find it funny. But maybe let's find the Box instead, shall we?"

"What a shame you didn't think about smearing it with camembert..."

"By the way, let's try to be quiet..." I toned down my voice. "It would be better not to draw parents' attention. Who knows how they would react seeing a boy searching their daughter's room..."

"Especially, if it's a love interest of their daughter..." Plagg added still amused with the situation.

"He's so blind, that I truly doubt that even if he saw all of those stuff, he would realise about her feelings."

"Her?" kwami stopped and looked at me alarmed. "You're not Marinette!" He discovered.

"Bingo! Before Juggler changed me with Cat Noir, he managed to change me with Marinette." I explained quickly. I had no time for this. Not now. "I'm not Marinette. I'm Lena. And I really need to find this Box if I want to go back home!"

"Tikki knows?"

"Sure she does. She already checked me. And now... Could you please help me in returning to my life? I have no idea where that girl could hide this egg!"

"Don't ask me!" Plagg turned away from me, yet added under his breath: "But as a big fan of chaos and destruction I'd start from the biggest mess..."

I looked at a pile of fabrics in the corner next to the sewing machine. Theoretically, it could be considered as a 'tolerable' hiding place. If I was Gabriel Agreste I wouldn't even touch a top of this pile, not to mention about diving in it... I began searching the fabrics and other sewing stuff, one by one. After a few minutes I finally found what I had been searching for. When I picked up a big red sphere, I felt like it was vibrating. That was illogical because I wasn't Marinette – neither internally nor in body. However, the Miracle Box seemed to feel that I was the right person. Weird.

I drew a sign of 'M' on the top of the sphere. I didn't know why such a stupid idea came to my mind, but surprisingly it worked. It wasn't the first time here, in the Miraculous universe, when my intuition led me correctly to the solution.

The Box started opening, showing me the magic jewels. I didn't know the abilities of most of them, but I remembered what I had learned about the Miraculous of Fox and the Miraculous of Turtle. I took them from the Box and then I put my hand on the top of the sphere. The Miracle Box closed, and I couldn't believe that it worked! This time it was illogical to think that it was because of body memory – Adrien had never touched the Miracle Box nor tried to open it. So, why I managed to do it?

"Seriously? Fox and Turtle?" Plagg asked in a doubtful tone.

"I don't know the others. Besides, when I saw them all, I discovered how we could defeat Juggler. And to do so, I need those two."

"Wow, I'm impressed, Pigtails..."

I smiled at him. I knew I'd miss him.

"Plagg, claws out!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro