12: DECEMBER 2016 - Cue the Chaos

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Seokjin glared at Leo. He was easily three inches taller than the light-haired man whose shoulders were a fraction of Seokjin's impressive shoulder width. Yet the shorter man's body was leaning forward in an aggressive stance.

"Is there a problem?" Seokjin asked. A current of anger was discernible.

"Yes, there is. Let her go," the shorter man demanded. "I saw what you were doing."

Seokjin scoffed. "I thought you were too busy putting your hands all over another woman to notice anything else. Besides, I wasn't doing anything."

"Seokjin," Luisa whispered and moved out of his arms. "Leo, stop it. We were dancing, that's all."

"Stay out of this, doll," Leo growled in Luisa's direction. "I know what I saw. It wasn't nothing. This guy's been eye-fucking you the whole time, and his hands were all over you. Don't fucking lie to me, Luisa."

Out of the corner of her eye, Luisa saw Hoseok and Yoongi walking toward them. She sighed and wondered how to stop this. She hated parties.

"No one's lying to you," Seokjin jumped in before she could speak. "I'm not some guy. I'm her friend, and don't talk to her like that." His tone was flat and menacing. He was angry now.

"Oh, yeah? Who are you to tell me how to talk to my girl? Go fuck your girl, huh? Keep your filthy hands off mine, okay, pal?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Look, pal, why don't you go get yourself a cup of coffee before you say any more dumb shit, okay? Show some respect to the ladies."

"Leo," Luisa broke in, pulling on the slighter man's arm. "Just leave it. Stop being ridiculous. Nothing happened."

Without removing his eyes from Seokjin, Leo pushed her away roughly. As Luisa stumbled back, several people gasped. She felt an arm around her shoulders, steadying her.

"You're okay. I've got you." Hoseok's voice whispered in her ear. He gently steered her away as she looked back at the scene playing out.

"Hey! Luisa!" Leo's slurred voice sounded over the music. "Come back here! Where the hell you going, baby?" He made a move to follow her, but Seokjin blocked his way.

"You fucker!" Leo took a wild swing, but Seokjin deftly sidestepped his fist and grabbed his arm, twisting it painfully behind him. The shorter man grunted in pain.

"No!" Luisa extricated herself from Hoseok and rushed back toward them. She didn't want them to fight in her home in the middle of the party. "Seokjin, please. Just let him leave." She tugged at his arm. "Let him go." She looked at Leo. "Please, Leo, just go home. Enough already!"

"Oh, really?" Leo asked angrily. "You want me to leave so that you can hop into bed with this...this fuckboy? I don't think so!"

Leo forcefully yanked his arm away from Seokjin, and the motion caused the back of his hand to connect with Luisa's cheek.

Luisa blinked rapidly as her vision went blurry for a second, and she turned away.

"Oh, shit, baby," Leo managed to croak. He reached out for her, but her friends had already pulled her away.

While Megan and Selina were fussing over her, Seokjin grabbed Leo by the throat while his friends tried to loosen his grip. "You goddamn bastard!" he growled. "What is your fucking problem? How dare you lay your hands on her?"

His friends jumped into action. Namjoon gripped his shoulder tightly. "Don't."

"Jin! Let him go!"

"...not worth it, bro..."

Luisa allowed her friends to take her to the kitchen where they grabbed a bag of vegetables from the freezer and placed it over the reddened mark on her face.

"Wh-What's happening?" Luisa cried. "Please...stop them."

"That filthy bastard," Megan hissed.

"Should we...should we call the police?" Selina whispered.

"N-No," Luisa managed to say before her throat closed up and her eyes began tearing up. She felt so humiliated. She had never told her friends how belligerent Leo got when he'd been drinking. He'd spoken to her harshly before but never hit her. Now everyone would think she was a pathetic loser. "I'm sorry about the party."

Megan shook her head. "Forget the party. That asshole is dead if I ever see him again. I will kick his fucking balls off his body! Lulu, I promise that he will never come near you again. Has he done this before, sweetie?"

Luisa tried shaking her head, but instead, she began sobbing. The two girls enveloped her in a three-way hug, their eyes also filling with tears. A sudden commotion caused her to let go of the girls and look up.

Seokjin barreled into the kitchen and stood before her breathing heavily.

"You didn't..." Selina began slowly but let her voice fade away.

"No. I didn't kill him. The guys didn't even let me kick his ass, but if I ever see him near you again..." Seokjin stopped and inhaled deeply. "Lu, are you okay?"

Luisa nodded once, not daring to look him in the eye. "Yes. I think so."

"I'm sure he's been aggressive before," Megan whispered toward Seokjin.

"What?" His dark eyes sparkled with rage. "My love, if that piece of shit so much as looks your way, I will kill him. I swear. I never want to see him within a mile of you again." He put his hand on her shoulder. Luisa was about to fall into his arms when another voice broke in.

"Seokjin? I think we should go."

It was Emily. She stood at the entrance to the kitchen, clearly upset by what had happened. Her eyes flicked over Luisa and then back to Seokjin.

"Em, hold on," he said without looking at her. He certainly didn't sound like a concerned boyfriend.

"Now, Seokjin," Emily insisted, her arms crossed tightly.

"I said wait." Everyone seemed shocked at his tone of voice. He turned back to Luisa. He was now holding both of her shoulders. "Are you sure you're okay? Is there anything I can do?"

"I'm sorry about all this," Luisa interjected. "Thank you, but you should take her out of here. I guess the party's over. I'll be fine. Really." She glanced at her friends.

"Lu."

"Jin, I'm fine." Luisa knew she would not be able to hold it together if he stayed.

He sighed then nodded. "Okay. But call me if you need anything. Okay, Lu? Promise me you'll call."

She nodded at him and felt strangely alone when his hands were no longer touching her. She waited until he left the room before turning to Selina and Megan and sobbing for a little while longer.

By the time her friends walked her out of the kitchen to her room, everyone was gone. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro